Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

I was in a restaurant with a date and we discussed the menu offerings.
One of the items was cow tongue.
My date expressed disgust at this item,

"I won't eat something that came out of an animals mouth! I'll think I'll have the eggs!"

"I won't eat something that came out of an animals mouth! I'll think I'll have the eggs!"

You think that if you eat tongue it tastes you back?

Asked this question of a girl once and the thought of it bothered her so much she couldn't eat cow tongue again.

*shrug* Pretty much any animal you eat has been through the love canal.

But chicken eggs really do come out through the anus. :eek2:

Yeah, but they have a shell, which gets pretty extensively washed before you would even think of eating the egg inside it. If they didn't have a shell, it would be more disgusting...

Saw a TV ad for a Walkin Tub for senior citizens. Bad, bad idea. Picture this - a senior citizen goes to get into a bathtub, a large cast iron tub with hug claw feet. About to get it, the tub moves a foot over, senior citizen falls. Or not, and tries to get in again, tub bumps into person and knocks the senior down. Worse, senior comes home and finds the door open and the tub missing, wondering around outside. Nope, Walking Tubs are not a good idea.

What were they thinking?

e8008fa3388532851a82627eed6b110d.jpg

That is fascinating! I didn't know that about the washing. When I was growing up, we bought eggs from a local farmer, and they came with bits of straw and dirt on them and we washed them ourselves. They were delicious eggs!

That is fascinating! I didn't know that about the washing. When I was growing up, we bought eggs from a local farmer, and they came with bits of straw and dirt on them and we washed them ourselves. They were delicious eggs!
I think I will be violating my HOA policies soon. We need a couple of hens.

I have to refrigerate my eggs after they're laid.

Why?

I have a trans rooster in my flock that I haven't sussed out...

So, some eggs are getting fertilized. If you refrigerate, you don't get much more than a red dot on the yolks... If you leave them out, you end up with a red egg, lots of red...

For an education in eggs you should tour a chicken house here in the southeast ... :eek:

My cat got into a ball of yarn and ate some of it. Vet said don’t worry. Sure enough in a few days the cat passed out some mittens.

La Grange, TX used to have a chicken ranch....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Ranch_(Texas)
Texas A&M has research farms dotted around Texas.

Once, while driving near one on a dirt road, I noticed a plume of dust in the rear view mirror quickly catching up to me.

A minute later, it passes me and I see it’s this chicken going 30 MPH faster than me.

I watch as it continues up the road and does a sharp right into a gate whose road leads up to a complex of buildings and barns.

Once I get to the gate, I note the sign that says Texas A&M Chicken Research Farm #13. Intrigued, I pull in and was eventually met by one of the researchers.

“Can I help you sir?” he asked.

“Yeah. I just saw this strangest thing. Driving down the road, I was passed by a chicken who turned into your gate and went toward one of the barns. What is going on here?”

“That was one of ours sure enough. Well, you see, it’s well known when folks enjoy fried chicken, one of their favorite parts is the drumsticks. So we though we could help chicken farmers make more profit if we developed a chicken with three legs instead of two.”

“Oh. How do they taste? Any better?”

“We don’t know. We haven’t been able to catch one.”

Back