Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

The wait is over!
f433b1081574582749630a1609bf2c11.jpg

NJ, always trying to stay on the cutting edge of stupid, banned plastic AND paper bags starting next year.

I wish I could find a graphic I saw a couple of years ago. It had a large grid for the amount of plastic waste. In the bottom right corner was the US plastic waste. That was expanded to another large grid. In the bottom right corner of that was plastic straws.

Basically it said there was a lot of noise about very little. The bulk of the plastic making it to the ocean is from China, the Philippines and other southeast Asian countries, including India. The US may use too much plastics, but we dispose of it far better.

Wayne

NJ, always trying to stay on the cutting edge of stupid, banned plastic AND paper bags starting next year.
Those laws are incredible examples of stupidity. I have never used plastic grocery bags just once. Same with dry cleaning bags. I use the grocery bags as trash bags. We can still buy trash bags, so rather than using something I already have, I have to buy something to take the place of an item the government banned.

Those laws are incredible examples of stupidity. I have never used plastic grocery bags just once. Same with dry cleaning bags. I use the grocery bags as trash bags. We can still buy trash bags, so rather than using something I already have, I have to buy something to take the place of an item the government banned.

We live near a city park and often walk our dog on the park. Plastic grocery bags are ideal for picking up the doody and depositing them in the trash cans.

And you think everyone else does that? We wouldn't need those laws if they did.

I just got new hearing aids. Man, I shouldn’t have clicked on that.

Actually, Yoko can almost sound tolerable. If I had a Yoke Ono song I like it would be this one:

Back