Let me help you sell your plane.

calberto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Calberto
Are you selling a plane?

Are enough people seeing it?

I have made a marketing/listing platform that can get your plane exposed to tens of thousands of targeted views every month via social media.

Interested? Send me a direct message or visit airplanebuyersclub.com for more information. :goofy:

I think Barnstormers and Trade a plane work better......

They do have large followings, but they just do listing services. I have listing services and marketing, so I am a little different. I take individual planes and advertise it over Facebook to a targeted audience. (Similar to how a business would advertise a product).

With Barnstormers or Trade a Plane, people have to find the planes; I help planes find new owners-- not the other way around LOL.

That rediiculous bar on the left has to go. Other than pop ups, I effing hate those things. It's like a 4 year old tugging on your leg asking for a juice box.

That rediiculous bar on the left has to go. Other than pop ups, I effing hate those things. It's like a 4 year old tugging on your leg asking for a juice box.

When did you fly to California?

Deleted

Last edited:
Good luck in your endeavors.

Are you selling a plane?

Are enough people seeing it?

I have made a marketing/listing platform that can get your plane exposed to tens of thousands of targeted views every month via social media.

Interested? Send me a direct message or visit airplanebuyersclub.com for more information. :goofy:

I had an advertisement for the Lincoln, Nebraska based Deb pop up on my FB account as a sponsored post from airplanebuyersclub. I thought it was well done, and not annoying at all. Enough so, that I sent the link to my airplane partner. But he has some type of prejudice against 50 year old airplanes. So for now, I guess we're keeping the 37 year old airplane. :-(

Amen!!! I close any page that has that floating bar. I understand you want me to share the page, but on this, I am the 4 year old......."can't make me".

Yep, ditch the share bar, besides being annoying for scrolling on an iPad, it blocks content and the boxes to fill out. That kind of crap drives me to just instanly close the page, "**** this".

Yep, ditch the share bar, besides being annoying for scrolling on an iPad, it blocks content and the boxes to fill out. That kind of crap drives me to just instanly close the page, "**** this".

Not schilling for his site.... Just touch that bar once then a little arrow comes up for you to dismiss it.

I have seen share bars like that and they pop up, but then quietly reduce to a small tab - maybe that will work for you.

LOL I never thought that a sidebar would get so much scrutiny! Would it be better if I made it a lot smaller or relocated it? Or just get rid of it entirely?

Thank you for the well wishes, and the compliment in regards to finding one of my ads on Facebook!

There's a guy on the Red Board named benpilot. If you can sell him a plane, your site's credibility will go way up.

Well if he wants to buy a Debonair or a Travel Air 4000, I've got what he needs :yesnod:

LOL I never thought that a sidebar would get so much scrutiny! Would it be better if I made it a lot smaller or relocated it? Or just get rid of it entirely?

Get rid of it as a floating bar and just use a small, fixed, link line at the top of the page.

Just an in general comment... one of the best buy/sell websites out there is craigslist.org. It's almost entirely flat pages with text/links.

It's incredibly popular in part because of the simplicity. Does what you need it to without a bunch of flashy BS. Another example, look a Google.com. Just a search box and they became the most popular search engine, partly because it works really well but also again very simple basic page that just works without a lit of complicated looking stuff on it.

Your service will be the most important but simplicity is a big plus with websites.

Just an in general comment... one of the best buy/sell websites out there is craigslist.org. It's almost entirely flat pages with text/links.

It's incredibly popular in part because of the simplicity. Does what you need it to without a bunch of flashy BS. Another example, look a Google.com. Just a search box and they became the most popular search engine, partly because it works really well but also again very simple basic page that just works without a lit of complicated looking stuff on it.

Your service will be the most important but simplicity is a big plus with websites.

Yes! I'm trying to keep it simple, but also somewhat modern looking. I like clean looking websites. I get really uncomfortable on tradeaplane.com and barnstormers, because they are so cluttered with ads. I still do like those sites, and I go on them often, but I don't like clutter.

P.S. I tinkered with the share bar. I don't have time to make something completely new right now, so I shrunk it down as small as I could make it.

There's a guy on the Red Board named benpilot. If you can sell him a plane, your site's credibility will go way up.

I see what you're doing here... Well played!

I see what you're doing here... Well played!

Since I didn't know what the Red Board was until this morning when I looked it up, I'm rather intrigued. I'm sure it's something wonderful :dunno:

Let me put what I was on about another way...

I'm on rural broadband meaning I don't have a very fast connection. I'm currently downloading some stuff so that's slowing it further. Going to my local craigslist from hitting enter to the page being fully loaded takes ~3 seconds. Trade-a-plane took ~5seconds. Controller.com ~6seconds.

Your page takes a good ~20 seconds to load. Now, granted this isn't super scientific but you have all these animations and effects on there. All that has to load. If I'm on a mobile device with bad signal or whatever else and trying to look something up real quick to show a friend or even just trying to look something up really quick at home that's a long time.

Your page is "cleaner" visually but technically speaking there's a lot more stuff going on there. I may be a one-off person caring about stuff like that but I'm an IT guy who started doing websites in the dial-up era and I have often lived with poor internet connections... so I'm a bit of an efficiency stickler I guess.

Just a note. I clicked on the site on iOS and this is what I see:

408386256d80ddef582d32c800118dad.jpg

Not a single airplane. That's a problem if it's an airplane marketing website.

I should be seeing someone's plane right on the front page, visible or partially visible, ready to buy. Not a logo and a menu and a grey box.

Just opinion. I wouldn't pay to put my airplane on a site that came up that empty on mobile devices.

I got a floating share bar blocking part of my page, and a pop-up blocking the rest of it.
36c2234a8c8b809d1c782fc4ad37f14d.jpg

Site does not work with images, javascript, and cookies disabled.

Let me put what I was on about another way...

I'm on rural broadband meaning I don't have a very fast connection. I'm currently downloading some stuff so that's slowing it further. Going to my local craigslist from hitting enter to the page being fully loaded takes ~3 seconds. Trade-a-plane took ~5seconds. Controller.com ~6seconds.

Your page takes a good ~20 seconds to load. Now, granted this isn't super scientific but you have all these animations and effects on there. All that has to load. If I'm on a mobile device with bad signal or whatever else and trying to look something up real quick to show a friend or even just trying to look something up really quick at home that's a long time.

Your page is "cleaner" visually but technically speaking there's a lot more stuff going on there. I may be a one-off person caring about stuff like that but I'm an IT guy who started doing websites in the dial-up era and I have often lived with poor internet connections... so I'm a bit of an efficiency stickler I guess.

That's horrible! I had no idea! I'm going to do some serious work on that. Thank you for telling me. I really appreciate it.

Just a note. I clicked on the site on iOS and this is what I see:

408386256d80ddef582d32c800118dad.jpg

Not a single airplane. That's a problem if it's an airplane marketing website.

I should be seeing someone's plane right on the front page, visible or partially visible, ready to buy. Not a logo and a menu and a grey box.

Just opinion. I wouldn't pay to put my airplane on a site that came up that empty on mobile devices.

I have two planes on there currently, but I completely agree. There is no way I would market on a site that came up empty. What kind of device are you looking at it on? It shows up pretty well on my Ipad mini, laptop, and Iphone, but I haven't had a chance to test on many other devices.

Yes! I'm trying to keep it simple, but also somewhat modern looking. I like clean looking websites. I get really uncomfortable on tradeaplane.com and barnstormers, because they are so cluttered with ads. I still do like those sites, and I go on them often, but I don't like clutter.

You HAVE to be kidding me. Barnstormers is NOT cluttered with ads. It is the aviation Craigslist if there is one and it works despite it's ancient design. Tradeaplane is a bit too cluttered for my liking, but they are established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I removed all pop-ups and the slider. I like it better already. Load time is significantly faster through web tests. How is it working for y'all?

I have two planes on there currently, but I completely agree. There is no way I would market on a site that came up empty. What kind of device are you looking at it on? It shows up pretty well on my Ipad mini, laptop, and Iphone, but I haven't had a chance to test on many other devices.

iPhone with cookies disabled and request not to track (not that anyone honors it).

Okay I removed all pop-ups and the slider. I like it better already. Load time is significantly faster through web tests. How is it working for y'all?

This is still what I see on opening:

image.jpg

This is on an iPad Air2 running iOS 8.4. I have to scroll down over a page before I see a picture.

Last edited:
This is now what I see...

0c141beea2449ba065095fc954cd0cb4.jpg

Edit: iPhone six running latest iOS and using latest safari browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think using Tapatalk will help with the device optimization? I don't know much about it.

It looks like I can use it on my end of the website so it formats things better. At least that's what I gathered from their website. Idk how it all works.

https://tapatalk.com/

You HAVE to be kidding me. Barnstormers is NOT cluttered with ads. It is the aviation Craigslist if there is one and it works despite it's ancient design. Tradeaplane is a bit too cluttered for my liking, but they are established.

I reached out to Barnstormers to see if I could lend my services to them and CLEAN up that site. Geeeez. I understand nostalgia, but that site kills me. So many ads, disorganization of content, etc. She said that there was already someone working on a redesign and that it should be available this month.

I still have the urge to just build a better site. A lot of these "aircraft for sale" sites are horrible.

Back