Let me help you sell your plane.

It looks like I can use it on my end of the website so it formats things better. At least that's what I gathered from their website. Idk how it all works.

https://tapatalk.com/

I know you're using Wordpress and I don't have anything against it, but it definitely is a bloated platform. You have to start somewhere though. Websites and development are not cheap :D

It's not nostalgia. It's a pretty easy site to use and the search features work just fine.

I still have the urge to just build a better site. A lot of these "aircraft for sale" sites are horrible.

I can't believe there isn't a good partnership site anymore now that AOPA killed theapa.com

It's not nostalgia. It's a pretty easy site to use and the search features work just fine.

It may be easy to someone who's been on the site long enough, but for new users, the site is very cluttered and visually overloaded.

The search works, but that page lacks usability design. Displaying the whole "Advanced Search" form right away draws a user's eyes right to it due to the amount of space the inputs take up. You can easily miss the single input "simple search" right under the flashing ads. As users, we've quickly developed the ability to recognize ads by shape and placement alone on websites. So we mentally block them out. The search is so close to the top ads that many early users don't even see the simple search.

Anyway....sorry for the geek out. The functionality of the site isn't in question, it's the way it's presented and organized. There could be some major improvements to make everyday tasks easier for a user without taking away the "craigslist" style.

Let me put what I was on about another way...

I'm on rural broadband meaning I don't have a very fast connection.

Your page takes a good ~20 seconds to load.

I may be a one-off person caring about stuff like that but I'm an IT guy who started doing websites in the dial-up era and I have often lived with poor internet connections... so I'm a bit of an efficiency stickler I guess.

You aren't alone. I'm on a 20M line, but I still HATE cloggy websites. If something doesn't load for me real quick, I just X out of it. CL is one of the best sites avail. You can find everything on their. Sadly, there's started to be a fair amount of comm stuff clogging that up, but I can't blame CL for the paid stuff, they gotta make money off someone.

It may be easy to someone who's been on the site long enough, but for new users, the site is very cluttered and visually overloaded.

The search works, but that page lacks usability design. Displaying the whole "Advanced Search" form right away draws a user's eyes right to it due to the amount of space the inputs take up. You can easily miss the single input "simple search" right under the flashing ads. As users, we've quickly developed the ability to recognize ads by shape and placement alone on websites. So we mentally block them out. The search is so close to the top ads that many early users don't even see the simple search.

Anyway....sorry for the geek out. The functionality of the site isn't in question, it's the way it's presented and organized. There could be some major improvements to make everyday tasks easier for a user without taking away the "craigslist" style.

I personally think Barnstormers is a terribly designed website. It's somewhat functional, sure, but it's the worst of the major sites in terms of design and (easy) functionality.

I appreciate all of your responses! Regardless of websites being cluttered I do most of my business through social media. I don't wait for people to come to my website and find the planes I list, I market their planes via social media to tens of thousands of people and have the plane find the new owner. Not the other way around.

In regards to my site loading slowly, I realize that is a major problem, and I am working on it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Upgraded to a new mobile theme. Try it out on your phone. Should be more functional

Back