lanceair builders out there?

2weelz4me

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
2weelz4me
are they still making the Lanceair kits?

According to their website they do—Mako and Barracuda.

Last edited:
Drop the E.
Go to lancairtalk.net and register for a free account. You might find a kit for one of the older models there.
The OEM lancair business recently sold; I'm not sure if the new owners are offering mako kits or any kits.

who provides 3rd party part support for the classic airframes (235/320/360) these days? Is it all homebrew crowdsourcing or is there enough volume to support a business serving that fleet? That's one of the things RVs had going, TBD on that one going forward.

who provides 3rd party part support for the classic airframes (235/320/360) these days? Is it all homebrew crowdsourcing or is there enough volume to support a business serving that fleet? That's one of the things RVs had going, TBD on that one going forward.
Indeed, the RV contingent is rich in that regard. The Lancair company has changed hands a few times. It seems most owners believe the best factory support was a couple owners ago. If you read Wiki, it lists the owners as the Huffstutlers out of Uvalde TX, but I hear they very recently have sold the brand. It may be too early to discern the support level from the new owners.

There is a Lancair forum I cited above. There is also another group which seems to cater to flight training in Lancairs. Of course that service may be found through the forum as well. Many of the routine service parts such as struts, which were one off Lancair specific parts, have folks on the forum who offer full service overhauls. Same for gear pumps. There are some on the forum who manufacture replacement Lancair specific parts such as gear legs, overcenter arms, etc and they are not simply replacements but actual upgraded parts. Of course there are some parts that are harder to come by, a canopy or wing may be difficult.

Thanks for the replies. sounds like an already built plane may be the way to go.

Back