Laced brownie

U

Unregistered

Hi long story short, I was at a party in Denver and ate a
Aced brownie. I fly for a 135 cargo op and realize I can be tested at any time. I'm extremely worried. I had no intent of eating the marijijuana but it's becoming a larger occurrence here in this state. For those of you that want to preach and say meet new people, I suggest you live out here because virtually a large portion of the population use in this state since it is legal. Not sure what I should do. Should I report to my ame? Or hope I don't get called for random testing?

I would hope you dont get called and never mention it again :) And for god sakes if its that bad out there - DONT go to party's...

Suggest moving.

Haha what a lame answer, just move from your career? Sounds like just another response from an amateur pilot who "flies just for the joy of flying".

1) your not the first person to run into this problem in this state.
2) contact Your Ame, what he can do is give your a drug test (not actually but refer you) where they can test the level of thc in your system. If it was a one time use they can prove it.
3) if everything goes as plan your ame should disclose to faa in which they will come back and say "don't let it happen again"

not to pile on but you couldn't smell the stuff?

Sounds like your friends are stingy.

Keep you're mouth shut. Do you know the last time they pulled testing? My last job was under Faa rules (aerospace manufacturing). Our "random" testing was pretty much 6 random people once every 4mos like clockwork maybe +/- 1 week.

"but it's becoming a larger occurrence here in this state"

True it's more visible, but compared to the overall population, pot use is still very low volume. High visibility, but still low use. Having lived thru the 60s & 70s era, none of my friends, aviation or otherwise, indulge in any form. How's this for a contradiction - I'm not allowed medical pot for medical reasons! I can't even go to a concert at Red Rocks anymore.

As for the aroma - when baked, it's very difficult if not impossible to detect pot. In candies, yes, but not bakery items.

For a random urine test,you should have no problem unless it was very recent,however if you had to do a hair screening you could be in trouble. If it truly was a one time mistake you should be good,if your a recreational user,your rolling the dice.

Haha what a lame answer, just move from your career? Sounds like just another response from an amateur pilot who "flies just for the joy of flying".

2) contact Your Ame, what he can do is give your a drug test (not actually but refer you) where they can test the level of thc in your system. If it was a one time use they can prove it.
3) if everything goes as plan your ame should disclose to faa in which they will come back and say "don't let it happen again"

This is what happens when you are new to a community and open your mouth before you know what you are talking about. Your arrogance will make you look foolish.

Aced brownie. I fly for a 135 cargo op and realize I can be tested at any time. I'm extremely worried. I had no intent of eating the marijijuana but it's becoming a larger occurrence here in this state. For those of you that want to preach and say meet new people, I suggest you live out here because virtually a large portion of the population use in this state since it is legal. Not sure what I should do. Should I report to my ame? Or hope I don't get called for random testing?

How long ago? If you're fit and don't smoke weed it should be out of your system in a few days.

My concern with you "coming clean" is what's to stop them from saying - YAEH SURE it was by mistake... I don't know. You get random test I guess your screwed. But I still wouldn't say anything. You're opening quite the can of worms if you do. Good luck.

Get a over the counter drug test from Walgreens and test yourself. I doubt one brownie is going to show up after a few days, but the OTC test will show you the results.

Drink lots and lots of water to flush the drug out of your system. You'll be fine.

My concern with you "coming clean" is what's to stop them from saying - YAEH SURE it was by mistake... I don't know. You get random test I guess your screwed. But I still wouldn't say anything. You're opening quite the can of worms if you do. Good luck.

Agreed,

I'd imagine if this guy has enough neurons to pass a 135 ride, he's not dumb enough to "come clean" to the FAA :rofl:

If it was a one-time use and you are not overweight the drug will clear out enough for you to pass a drug test in 3-4 days. If you're worried about it, grab a self test kit from Walgreens or CVS.

not to pile on but you couldn't smell the stuff?

so I gather that laced brownies have a distinctive odor.

But what about those of us who have never used before? How the heck are we supposed to know that a particular brownie is laced if we don't know what that crap smells like in the first place?

so I gather that laced brownies have a distinctive odor.

But what about those of us who have never used before? How the heck are we supposed to know that a particular brownie is laced if we don't know what that crap smells like in the first place?

Look around at who cooked em' who's eating em' and simply ask if it looks like a edibles type crowd.

Cooking pot brownies is a little more $$ than normal brownies, don't think folks want to blow their money and stash just to get someone high who doesn't want to get high, unless you're a total square, in which case, well. :lol:

How can a adult in these times have never smelled weed before?

You wouldn't be able to detect pot in brownies. No smell, no taste, at least not that can't be hidden by the other ingredients. I've been given pot brownies and didn't recognize it and that was when I used pot. An unfamiliar person wouldn't stand a chance of knowing. If a guy wanted to make a case that he was slipped a Mickey he'd have to make a case against those responsible. That'd be an uncomfortable position to take.

For the love of god, do NOT follow this horrible advice. "Coming clean" here is probably the worst thing you can possibly do. Ask around for the name of a good aviation attorney, and keep his or her number in your pocket. In the event you get called for a random test in the near future, call that attorney before you do anything else. I'd also do a self-test, as suggested by others, and keep an extra kit around in case you get called for a random in the near future (test yourself before you go, so you know what to expect).

For the love of god, do NOT follow this horrible advice. "Coming clean" here is probably the worst thing you can possibly do. Ask around for the name of a good aviation attorney, and keep his or her number in your pocket. In the event you get called for a random test in the near future, call that attorney before you do anything else. I'd also do a self-test, as suggested by others, and keep an extra kit around in case you get called for a random in the near future (test yourself before you go, so you know what to expect).

Maybe this would be a better idea, for sure cheaper then a lawyer.

If you're really concerned, call in sick for a few days, exercise, drink a ocean worth of water and cleanse your self out.

If you ever "accidentally" eat a laced brownie, you might as well have a truly debaucherous night and do it all. :rofl:

No, don't do that.

Just keep your mouth shut and move on.

Calling in sick might or might not help if your number comes up for the random testing, but it keeps you grounded until you are sure stuff is out of your system. Last thing you need is to be on the ramp when someone else bumps your aircraft and you all end up getting tested.

If I understand right random testing doesn't test for any trace amount, but a level that would show consistent use of the substance tested for.

And "random" testing seems to always go in alphabetical order. I get called for a random at least once, sometimes twice a year. Last name starts with A. I know other people with last names starting higher up on the alphabet that have never been called.

Judging from some of the responses, I'm not sure this guy is getting the straight dope.

First, I'd get an aviation lawyer and make a private documentary statement to him, disclosing the inadvertent consumption, and corroboration by at least two other party-goers.

Second, I'd stop going to parties in CO.

Third, never, ever speak of this again unless you are asked to give a sample, and that sample came up positive. Then, see first.

Why get an aviation attorney? Would it matter how or why the sample was positive? The outcome would be the same. The grounded or fired pilot's recourse would be to seek compensation for damages by those who slipped him the brownie.

I agree, I don't see any point in going there until (or unless) it became an issue.

Does your company have a policy about this? I mean if you self-disclose to them, not your AME or the FAA.

Calling in sick might or might not help if your number comes up for the random testing, but it keeps you grounded until you are sure stuff is out of your system. Last thing you need is to be on the ramp when someone else bumps your aircraft and you all end up getting tested.

Maybe, well could always call in some vacation days, or just turn your phone off during your sick/vacation days, wouldn't be odd in most folks opinions.

Why get an aviation attorney? Would it matter how or why the sample was positive? The outcome would be the same. The grounded or fired pilot's recourse would be to seek compensation for damages by those who slipped him the brownie.

A good aviation attorney should be able to advise on the best course of action. In other words, do you take the test and possibly fail, blow off the test, suddenly become "unavailable," etc. That best course of action would be based on the relative consequences for each, and the attorney should be able to advise on those consequences. Might not worth talking to one until it actually becomes an issue, though, especially under these circumstances (random testing, may never become an issue).

First, I'd get an aviation lawyer and make a private documentary statement to him, disclosing the inadvertent consumption, and corroboration by at least two other party-goers.

What exactly do you believe this would accomplish?

They don't call you in for testing unless you are on duty, available to work.

If you don't like my advice don't take it. Or, if you have alternate advice, give it.

That's kind of what I assumed, your advice has no basis (in other words, you're just making **** up). Other than incurring some attorneys' fees in making your "private documentary statement," it would accomplish nothing. In fact, later disclosing it could create a whole host of other issues (waiver of attorney-client privilege, etc.).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back