Laced brownie

That's kind of what I assumed, your advice has no basis (in other words, you're just making **** up). Other than incurring some attorneys' fees in making your "private documentary statement," it would accomplish nothing. In fact, later disclosing it could create a whole host of other issues (waiver of attorney-client privilege, etc.).

So you can make **** up, and that's ok? :rolleyes:

You don't like my advice.

noted.

Most of the advice here (except for getting an attorney) is bad. Not showing for a random drug test is a failure.

I think this whole threat is moot. If the OP is telling the truth and this was an isolated single event there is a good chance his urine is already clean. Most test have a baseline and they test above it.

Not sure this is a good source but I found this.

Also for some reason I remember at some point hearing that eating pot left the body quicker than smoking it. That maybe total B.S

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-22-11-10-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-22-11-10-10.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 223
Say a guy fails a drug test and claims he had been slipped a laced brownie. The first thing I'd ask? Did you seek medical attention? File a police report? Lacking that I wouldn't give any merit to the unwilling participant assertion.

Say a guy fails a drug test and claims he had been slipped a laced brownie. The first thing I'd ask? Did you seek medical attention? File a police report? Lacking that I wouldn't give any merit to the unwilling participant assertion.

Hahaha that's a good point I never thought of it like that because I always assume they are full of crap and new Damn well what they were taking. But if you got "drugged" your gonna report it LOL.

more unintended consequences of one of the dumbest moves ever pulled in Colorado ... I went to my first and last concert ever at Red Rocks last week - took the inlaws, kids and grandkids. Left early ... damn near sick from the stench of stupid weed ... like skunks at a picnic - not enjoyable.

There, you got the last word in. Congrats, and now you can go masturbate and complete your day, now that you've got your ego sated.

Most of the advice here (except for getting an attorney) is bad. Not showing for a random drug test is a failure.

If you like spending money for absolutely no reason, get an attorney.

:rolleyes:

I honestly do not know how long weed stays in your system. I googled it and it says 30 days if you are a normal user. Couple of days if it's a one time thing.

If you are nervous- and I'd understand. Call in sick with the flu. Go to walgreens and buy a self test kit and when you are clean - feel better and go to work.. lessons learned...

Thanks for the responses, not worried about a urine test though, our company does hair folicle test and that is where the concern begins. They say they can find trace amounts up to a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitedcap
Haha what a lame answer, just move from your career? Sounds like just another response from an amateur pilot who "flies just for the joy of flying".

This is what happens when you are new to a community and open your mouth before you know what you are talking about. Your arrogance will make you look foolish.

Thank you Mikeinbama, I was about to put my plane up for sale since I'm an "amateur pilot" who obviously isn't worthy. Maybe the OP should head to a forum with "professional pilots who hate their lives as a result." :rolleyes:

Start shaving?

I just looked up a couple of drug testing labs. They said they take 90-120 strands of hair, 1.5 inches from the root end, and throw the rest away. That 1.5 inches is about 90 days of the most recent hair growth. They wash it to remove external contaminates and test the rest. So they can look back 90 days. I don't know how much you ingested and at what dose.

Last edited:
They don't call you in for testing unless you are on duty, available to work.

Not necessarily true. In my previous job, working 60 on and 30 off, I've had a few FedEx envelopes sent to me that I needed to take to a local Quest lab during my 30 off.

On the flip side, I've NEVER had a random during my 60 on. Go figure.

Not necessarily true. In my previous job, working 60 on and 30 off, I've had a few FedEx envelopes sent to me that I needed to take to a local Quest lab during my 30 off.

Interesting. I've always had drug and alcohol (pee and breathalyzer) at the same time. Since we can drink when off duty, it would be pointless to test then. I've never been asked to test when not on duty. But then I think I've only had three random tests in 15 years. No way do we get hair tests. I thought companies went by DOT guidelines but I guess they can be stricter if they choose.

Interesting. I've always had drug and alcohol (pee and breathalyzer) at the same time. Since we can drink when off duty, it would be pointless to test then. I've never been asked to test when not on duty. But then I think I've only had three random tests in 15 years. No way do we get hair tests. I thought companies went by DOT guidelines but I guess they can be stricter if they choose.

Haven't had a random test with my current company. The only test I've had done with them was a saliva test in the new hire class. You put a cotton swap in your mouth, next to your cheek and let it soak until a dot changes color (can't remember exactly the color of if it was a dot). Of course, flying wise, I'm not under FAA rules, so I imagine things are a bit different.

Are you required to answer the phone on your days off?

Are you required to answer the phone on your days off?

What phone??

Actually, it's better to answer the phone in these situations because the FedEx envelope is coming whether you answer or not. The clock starts at the delivery time, not when you actually get it and open it up. Seeing how all my mail goes to the UPS Store, having that heads up helped keep me out of deep doo-doo!

Last edited:
What phone??

Actually, it's better to answer the phone in these situations because the FedEx envelope is coming whether you answer or not. The clock starts at the delivery time, not when you actually get it and open it up. Seeing how all my mail goes to the UPS Store, having that heads up helped keep me out of deep doo-doo!
If it's your time off, how do they know you will be at your home? You might be on a personal trip.

If it's your time off, how do they know you will be at your home? You might be on a personal trip.

I was homeless back then. Hence, the phone call. The nice lady that sent those packages out knew my situation and would typically call to see where I was. She couldn't tell me straight out that I was getting randomed, but it wasn't too difficult to figure out. The conversation typically went like this...

"Hi Andy. I have a package to send you. Where are you right now?"

I'd let her know an address she could send it, and she'd look up the nearest Quest Lab. Next day I'd get the envelope and off I went.

Haha what a lame answer, just move from your career? Sounds like just another response from an amateur pilot who "flies just for the joy of flying".

1) your not the first person to run into this problem in this state.
2) contact Your Ame, what he can do is give your a drug test (not actually but refer you) where they can test the level of thc in your system. If it was a one time use they can prove it.
3) if everything goes as plan your ame should disclose to faa in which they will come back and say "don't let it happen again"

Not that Any needs anyone to defend him, but he is one of the most experienced pilots on this forum and could fly circles around most folk here.

Just saying unless you are beached land whale size, one accidental usage should be out of your system in a few days. I, personally, would take a week off work and take yourself a home drug test kit to see when you are clean. Go forth, and sin no more (and find yourself a better crowd to hang out with who will understands the hazards that illicit substances pose to your career)

As far as the FAA is concerned, even if consumption is accidental you have still partaken in illicit substances, just as someone who accidentally kills someone is still guilty of manslaughter.

Just STFU, learn from the experience, and hope you don't get tested. Even if you do, I don't think it'll be a problem. I had exactly one random urine test in 6 years of 135.

Never heard of an aviation outfit using hair. Cutting your hair sounds a bit intrusive. In addition, how is that done with a bald dude ?

Never heard of an aviation outfit using hair. Cutting your hair sounds a bit intrusive. In addition, how is that done with a bald dude ?

X2

Always just heard of a pee test, also what if you're Rastafarian?

My daughter's school does random drug testing by clipping a small tuft of hair (15-20 strands). It can certainly be done. I can see the attraction: no falsifying samples, no need to observe or control the urine collection. Just a quick snip and done.

Whether or not a school should be doing that is a whole 'nother discussion which does not belong here.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back