KSAT Citations collide

Happy ending. Nobody got hurt. The Service Center needs the business.

To those who are the first to throw stones please consider that you may be on the receiving end someday. It's easy to say I'm not an idiot and I'll never do that but the reality is that flying can be complex and no one is exempt from making mistakes. We're in a country where innocence is supposed to be initially presumed (for everyone except the President :)). Think how you might feel to have made a minor, innocent mistake and be chastised both unprofessionally and incorrectly by your peers who are guessing at causes and outcomes.
Another downside is that we all learn from pilots who make mistakes. Unfortunately, many of them are not forthcoming with full details because of the abuse that they will knowingly receive.

Last edited:
I have always wondered how 2 large ocean going vessels could run into each other out in the middle of the wide open ocean with radar and all, but it happens...

I thought Canadians are supposed to be nice.

Ever had a kid on a US hockey team playing against a Canadian hockey team, in Canada? And winning?

Uh no, at least in that situation, Canadians (or at least the Candian parents at the rink that day) are not... nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
The owner/pilot of the CJ showed up at the service center today, and asked when his airplane is going to be fixed.

The tone of your posts makes you sound really inexperienced and judgmental.

hopefully it’s just a misconception due to the communication method.

He clearly doesn’t fly jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I am is a person who has grown tired of people screwing up royally, and then not accepting the blame, but always trying to pass the buck.

'Gee ya Bob over in accounting drank the last of the coffee so I couldn't get the project completed on time'.

'Mary from the copy room needed a few minutes to change the toner, so I didn't get it done although it was given to me four hours ago'. ...as told to me last week by someone who I gave a 15 minute photocopy job to, and said I need this ASAP.

'I crashed the airplane because it was windy'. ...I actually heard this with my own ears from the pilot who crashed.

'A snowflake fell so I slammed the car into the ditch'.

'Samantha didn't compliment me on my new shirt, so i got depressed and couldn't work'.

'My wife is divorcing me so I got really drunk, tried to drive, ran the red light killing your wife and daughter '. ...that one was actually told to me by the person who ended the lives of my wife and daughter.

Excuses don't mean anything to me, its time people took responsibility for their own actions.
When a pilot crashes a plane, for anything other than extreme structural failure, the prop falling off, or the engine(s) grenading due to conditions out of their control, it is ALWAYS THE PILOTS FAULT!

Don't blame wind, if you can't handle the wind at a certain airport because you lack the skills required, go somewhere else.
If you hit a parked plane, there is zero excuse for doing so, unless the Incredible Hulk himself picked the aircraft up and threw it at the other one.

Alcoholics always have a reason for why they drink, people have an excuse for ditching their car, pilots for crashing, and the list goes on and on...
I say BS, if someone screws up its 100% on them.

The reason I have a brand new pickup, to replace the only 2 year old one that I was happy with, is because I was rear ended while stopped at a red light, and pushed ahead into the semi truck in front of me. Her excuse was that the road was slippery...BS because the semi truck and I both stopped just fine on the exact same road. But that was her excuse instead of just admitting she sucks at driving!

So am I tired of excuses, for actually just being incompetent, hell yes I am.

Sigh.

OK Boomer.

Hey, they are human beings, and human beings make mistakes. Don’t think it won’t ever happen to you.

BS. Normally you would be the first to jump on the pilots. Now it is all, ‘there but for the grace of God go all of us’?

If it had been a weekend piston warrior instead of a bejetted colleague, I doubt you would have been so understanding.

This right up there with running out of fuel.

BS. Normally you would be the first to jump on the pilots. Now it is all, ‘there but for the grace of God go all of us’?

If it had been a weekend piston warrior instead of a bejetted colleague, I doubt you would have been so understanding.

This right up there with running out of fuel.
I think you may have me confused with someone else.

Hey, they are human beings, and human beings make mistakes. Don’t think it won’t ever happen to you.
This incident reminds me of back when I hired a new copilot for our Citation who had never been in a crew environment before, but had a lot of single-pilot IFR time. As was customary, at a passenger pickup stop, I left the outside engine running and went inside to pay the landing fee, passing my passenger heading for the plane on the ramp. To my horror, when I returned I could see an empty cockpit, i.e., nobody guarding the brakes with an engine running. My new SIC had left the cockpit to help stow the passenger's suitcase, being the eager to please kind of guy he was. Now, you would think, or at least I did, that a college-degree in electrical engineering coupled with significant PIC time in corporate passenger operations and experience as a CFI would be enough to ensure he wouldn't abandon the cockpit with an engine running to secure a suitcase. I can say from experience that when the parking brake gets bumped to the "Off" position with a knee and is not noticed that the plane starts to move without any sensation at all. Unless somebody brings it to your attention, such as a ramp agent or copilot, you will be off to the races. Bumping the throttle, OTOH, changes the noise level and can be quickly returned to idle. I also know from experience when I was a new copilot, :oops:, that if you forget to pull the chocks and the captain doesn't want to have the engines shut down to rectify the situation, the plane makes a pretty substantial jerk as he powers up and jumps the chock. Hard to imagine not being quick enough to stop the plane before damaging anything after that wake-up call. Something doesn't ring true here. I suspect the parking brake was not set for some reason and the PIC wasn't paying attention or wasn't even in the cockpit.

Last edited:
According to the article....

''That caused the plane to shake and then jump the wedges holding the plane in place''

It is those dang wedges, they'll do it every time if you don't watch them closely....o_O:lol::lol:

Its interesting how many people disagreed with me when I said a plane hitting a parked plane is pilot error.
And then it turns out that I was correct!
Unless someone was stealing a plane, and hit a parked one, it can't be anything else but pilot error.
And the odds were extremely small that someone tried stealing it.

Its interesting how many people disagreed with me when I said a plane hitting a parked plane is pilot error.
And then it turns out that I was correct!
Unless someone was stealing a plane, and hit a parked one, it can't be anything else but pilot error.
And the odds were extremely small that someone tried stealing it.
Actually, other things besides pilot error can cause a plane to hit a parked plane, and, indeed, such things have been documented. Don't paint with such a broad brush.

Back