Kids at Christmas

Never done it but i'd guess a tie down strap or two would be the easy way. tension it with leverage and then it holds while you pop the spring in.

In the space of less than a week we went from 0 to 5. Our son proposed to a lady (wonderful) who already has 3 and less than a week later our daughter delivered twin boys. The picture is from Thanksgiving when all 5 were at our place. Let the spoiling begin! :yes:

Oh man. That's awesome.
Congrats!

Never done it but i'd guess a tie down strap or two would be the easy way. tension it with leverage and then it holds while you pop the spring in.

If you have the tool no strap is required. Put on gloves, put the first spring in place, walk the the other side of the tramp and pull the spring over to the attach point on the frame and mount it. Easy peasy.

With the round tramps that most people have, you may need someone to hold the frame as it may try to move as you tension the spring. The big rectangular ones are heavy enough to stay in place.

Guys, seriously:

DSC_0991.JPG

Well worth the $10.

Brian, check the box... one should have been included. When my brother purchased his, it had a tool like this with the rest of the nuts/bolts/springs.

And didn't you once mention a need to exercise the dog (Tiger)?

image_1374614868_boxer_tramp_2.jpg

Nor has his recent fascination with donkey show's been addressed....

I join in on a couple of donkey shows and suddenly its a fascination.

Hey I wasn't sure it was even a real thing. I think David brought it up first. I just kinds ran with it.

HeeHaw!

Seriously man, enjoy the pain, my youngest is 18 now, no more assembly on Christmas eve for me, I'm a little nostalgic for it right now.... ok, I'm over it.

Oh I love it. I just felt like writing something.
I am pretty excited about it. More excited about seeing their expressions.

Gonna be fun.

Seriously man, enjoy the pain, my youngest is 18 now, no more assembly on Christmas eve for me, I'm a little nostalgic for it right now.... ok, I'm over it.

Yeah, as they get older the gifts get smaller, don't require assembly, and cost more. We went from a toy kitchen to laptop computers in not all that many years.

My oldest is in 1st grade and they have phones.
I may not be the cool parent but I told him when he can pay the bill, he can have one.

Seriously 1st grade.

My oldest is in 1st grade and they have phones.
I may not be the cool parent but I told him when he can pay the bill, he can have one.

Seriously 1st grade.

Ours got iPad Touches for their 9th birthdays, and phones for their 12th. Most of their peers got phones at about that age.

If you have the tool no strap is required. Put on gloves, put the first spring in place, walk the the other side of the tramp and pull the spring over to the attach point on the frame and mount it. Easy peasy.

With the round tramps that most people have, you may need someone to hold the frame as it may try to move as you tension the spring. The big rectangular ones are heavy enough to stay in place.

Wouldn't it be easier to finish staking it down first? ;)

When my BIL got a trampoline for his kids, he was afraid they would bounce off and get hurt. So he dug a big hole in the ground to set the trampoline in so the rubber mat was flush with the ground.

Worked pretty well and looked good in the yard.

I think you need to do this as well on Christmas Eve.

Good luck. Glad I could help.

I like the idea but I cannot imagine digging a hole that big.
God knows my next post would be about having hit a gas line, water line, or dead body.

You're a good dad. I'll be there to help by refilling your G&Ts, bringing tools, and then backing away when the cursing gets too loud. :thumbsup:

Just keep in mind that the liquor stores are closed in Texas on Christmas day so stock up early. ;)

Phase 1 complete.
bloody knuckle count: 1
Gin and Tonics: 0
New Shoulder Status: 3/10 on the pain scale
Notes: Came with the spring puller tool. Very helpful

Phase 2 is moving it to a level spot, and adding the net.

Assessment
Level of difficulty: 3/10 Easily a one man job.

Edit: good / bad thing is everyone in the house (but me) has the flu which sucks but it means I got to start today and not worry about anyone going out back to play and discover this.

Also I have snuck (real word) out there twice now to jump on it :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• tramp.jpg
    tramp.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Phase 1 complete.
bloody knuckle count: 1
Gin and Tonics: 0
New Shoulder Status: 3/10 on the pain scale
Notes: Came with the spring puller tool. Very helpful

Phase 2 is moving it to a level spot, and adding the net.

Assessment
Level of difficulty: 3/10 Easily a one man job.

Edit: good / bad thing is everyone in the house (but me) has the flu which sucks but it means I got to start today and not worry about anyone going out back to play and discover this.

Also I have snuck (real word) out there twice now to jump on it :)

attachment.php

... And you hurt yourself jumping, didn't you? You can be honest with us. We won't laugh. Much. ;)

... And you hurt yourself jumping, didn't you? You can be honest with us. We won't laugh. Much. ;)

I hurt myself when I fell off a ladder while trimming my Crepe Myrtles (A.K.A: Old Man Practice)

No need to discuss whether or not I twisted my ankle on this thing a moment ago ;)

My wife and I built one of theses several years ago after Christmas eve service, dinner out at Denny's (it's kind of become a tradition now) and kids in bed. We finished about 2AM, but it was solid and the kids loved it! Absolutely worth it to see the expressions on Christmas when they realized it was there. And both of my daughters are dancers so they got a lot of use out of it for acro practice.

It lasted for several years and I finally dismantled it when the lower frame legs started to rust out. The net had dies a couple of years before that and I couldn't get replacement parts for it. The vendor only made smaller ones after that.

No bloody knuckles but some head scratching to get the netting frame together as I recall.

John

No bloody knuckles but some head scratching to get the netting frame together as I recall.

That's where I am at now. Well that and I did not bolt any of it together today, just pieced it together. The bolting per the instructions happens at the time of the safety net install.

Not as cold as I was afraid it might be. Chilly but the only downside is my yard is a bit flooded where I am working but not a major issue other than wet feet.

attachment.php

No need for the hard stuff at this point.
Tonight's initial work will be accompanied by Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. It sounded like it would go great with this evening's build.

Founders%20Brewing%20Dirty%20Bastard.jpg

8:53 PM Stats:
Mom: asleep
Kids: in bed watching a movie but awake
Stress level: 0
Cussword count: 0
Open wounds: 0
Suicide Attempts: 0
Tears shed: 0
Feet Meter: Warm and cozy

Overall Outlook: Need to bolt everything together that I assembled today, Build the safety net, Attach the padded bumpers, Adjust it so it is a bit more level. High level of confidience this will be a non issue and be complete in about 1.5 hours.

Concerns: I can't find my gloves.

Quote: Let's do this!

Attachments

• weath.jpg
    weath.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 74
My ten year old knows who Santa is, all her presents are wrapped and under the tree taunting her. Today I said listen do you hear that? then started whispering 'open me, open me.' The game changes but never ends.

For the record.
Not "tools"

Attachments

• 2014-12-23 22.08.00.jpg
    2014-12-23 22.08.00.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 30
First blood.

Attachments

• 2014-12-23 22.49.48.jpg
    2014-12-23 22.49.48.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 15
We need to show you the cheap Mechanix glove display at the Orange box store.

Got it done.
In the end, I just chewed the thumb off. It was getting in the way.

Because I am a stubborn azz, I built the whole thing with the half azzed "tools" that came with it.

Probably could have finished 40 min faster if I used my tools but it is done now.
Drinking a victory lap beer. Box goes in the fire tomorrow.

And I soooo cannot wait for Xmas Morning.
I am wrapping up the trampoline assembly instructions to give to the kids as their last present from Santa.

They are going to be so excited. Christmas as a dad is a million times better than Christmas as a kid ever was.

Edit: except for the part where I peed outside in my yard tonight and then got to laughing about the Captain scenario and laughed out loud and ended up peeing all over my knee.

Glad(/hoping) you didn't reinjure the shoulder. Opposable grip is overrated (anthropocentric hype), so I wouldn't worry about the thumb. Yes, Christmas is way more awesome as a dad. And my son's birthday is tomorrow. Christmas eve baby! Merry Christmas!

Glad(/hoping) you didn't reinjure the shoulder. Opposable grip is overrated (anthropocentric hype), so I wouldn't worry about the thumb. Yes, Christmas is way more awesome as a dad. And my son's birthday is tomorrow. Christmas eve baby! Merry Christmas!

I will leave you with this clip for you and your son

Thank you, Super Dad. It looks great. Now if only I can kick this sickness so I can jump on it too.

Bryan and Mini-6PC came to my office yesterday for a short visit.

Mini is really jazzed about Christmas about to happen.

And thanks B for the gift! I've ordered the metal landing calculator for your stocking.

Edit: except for the part where I peed outside in my yard tonight and then got to laughing about the Captain scenario and laughed out loud and ended up peeing all over my knee.

If that really happened... ROFLMAO...

:needpics:

No wait, no... no pics...

I don't have kids but I am married to one. (she is legal age, just younger than me)

Because of business expansions, extra cash is a little short right now. My wife and I promised not to buy gifts for each other.

Yeah right, like I am not going to get her anything. I bought her some clothes. She is size 0 and that is a rare size for an adult in this part of the country. She usually has to shop in the teens section and just hates that. I found some clothes online and bought a a couple shirts and pants and one dress.

I wrapped them, hid them and waited. Fortunately she went to bed early last night. So I got to play Santa. I put the gifts in different locations and the biggest one under the tree. I put a couple cards for her in the tree. All signed Santa Claus.

She got up and started to get ready for Christmas dinner. She went to turn on the lights for the tree and then saw the cards.

She came to me to thank me for the cards. Then she saw the largest gift under the tree. She opened it, looked at the dress, then threw her arms around me and started crying because she didn't have a gift for me. I kept telling her it wasn't from me, to look at the name of the giver.

She saw another gift and opened it. Again, I claimed innocence. As she was hugging me she saw the next gift. This time she scolded me for spending too much money. (anyone here married to an asian has probably suffered the same fate)

After opening that gift she called my mother. While talking to her she saw the next gift, and let out a LOUD squeal of delight. Now she is so excited that she forgets to speak English. I take the phone while she opens this box. Again she throws her arms around me and spots the last gift.

Now she is crying again about not having anything for me. I tell her to look at the name on the tag to see who left the gifts. I give her the phone and my mom tries to convince her that Santa left the gifts.

For the next hour I have to sit as she tries on her new clothes. The smile on her face is the best gift I can ever receive.

Right on cue, the snow starts falling.

And the Christmas miracle? The clothes all fit.!!!!

BRYAN!!!

How did the trampoline setup go?????

Is Erin talking to you yet? :yikes:

Just saw this thread...we got my son (4) a trampoline too! I spent Christmas Eve, in the dark, in the rain (I think we got 3 1/2" total), drinking Coors, putting that thing together, lol. I guess my biggest mistake was assembling it upside down, since I too was a one man band (bought the 15 footer). Didn't realize until I finished bolting down the last leg that it was too big to flip over! Relegated myself to splitting it in half, flipping it over, then reassembling it.

Not sure why there's so many negative comments about the springs. I put every fourth spring in, walking around the circle and could have done it without the tool.

Net and spring pad went on this afternoon once I was able to get out of the house!

FYI, it's just as bouncy as I remember and I survived the experience (other than suffering a minor case of whiplash, lol).

Oh, and the icing on the cake: power went out at 4am this morning! Of course this woke my son and therefore, Christmas morning started early in our house. Good thing Santa had already split, lol. I considered telling my son that I hoped Santa hadn't been flying too low and clipped a power line, lol, but better sense prevailed. Wouldn't want him worrying for the next year that Santa or his reindeer had been hurt.

Back