Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

What's the consensus, hotel, camp, or van down by the river?

What's the consensus, hotel, camp, or van down by the river?

Cottages and hotels are fairly close, but the far cottages to the campground looks to be nearly two miles, tough to get together when most of us will be walking...

Cottages and hotels are fairly close, but the far cottages to the campground looks to be nearly two miles, tough to get together when most of us will be walking...

Whoops! I went with a cottage since it ended up only being $30 for the entire stay over a hotel room. Guess I could switch it.....

Had a discussion with the copilot and she is in, at least tentatively. There are some legal things that could derail our plans however.

I will make reservations at the campground and take a couple days off from work.

It would be a 6 to 7 hour drive in the low altitude RV, so a pretty easy trip.

Do we have a count of who is planning to attend yet, and has Mr and Mrs 6papa, worked on meal plans yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

...Do we have a count of who is planning to attend yet, and has Mr and Mrs 6papa, worked on meal plans yet?...

no and the meal plans are: breakfast, lunch, dinner. somewhere.

I was told we couldn't walk from airport to hotel because ya have to cross a highway. She said they had a shuttle.

I'm coming solo.
Food I believe is all going to be at restaurants.

Maybe tmyers can haul us around in his bus

I will tow the CRV down so room for three in the back, or can use to make a vittles run if needed. I have a small propane grill I can use at the motor home do they have grills we can use?

...do they have grills we can use?..

I'll find out but I have to think they do. we also discussed trying to grill burgers/dogs over at the airport, assuming people wanted to spend some time flying around the lake.

I’ll probably fly up Friday afternoon and stay overnight, or Saturday for the day. Don’t have my plans solidified yet, but will know more in the next month or so. I do atleast have a plane reserved.

Will this make servuce for that 2# pork chop even slower?

sea doo's can be rented for the low low price of $350/day at the marina. BUT, that includes a life jacket.............

Is it safe to camp or be seen with you guys?

The answer will determine if I book a room or not!

Anybody bringing their golf clubs? Heck, $15 to rent a cart and drive around for nine holes isn't a bad idea either.

Depending on my wife's recovery from her new knee I plan to make it. Will camp without wife and hotel if she comes.

Anybody bringing their golf clubs? Heck, $15 to rent a cart and drive around for nine holes isn't a bad idea either.

Depending on my wife's recovery from her new knee I plan to make it. Will camp without wife and hotel if she comes.

I'll probably bring my clubs even though I hate golf and golf can suck it. but yeah, I'll bring em since there's a course on the grounds, If we can get at least 4, I'll prob go.

How did I miss this? I figured it’d be further south from me and too much to bother with. Only 214nm. Gonna have to try this.

What’s the plan for gathering? Or does it just happen? I know no one and no one knows me. The only face I know is 6pc from the vids. What if I land and end up wandering around looking for POA pilots and never find anyone...

How did I miss this? I figured it’d be further south from me and too much to bother with. Only 214nm. Gonna have to try this.

What’s the plan for gathering? Or does it just happen? I know no one and no one knows me. The only face I know is 6pc from the vids. What if I land and end up wandering around looking for POA pilots and never find anyone..,

If @frankdurham comes I'm sure we'll have name tags, even those who don't show. ;)

What’s the plan for gathering? Or does it just happen? I know no one and no one knows me. The only face I know is 6pc from the vids. What if I land and end up wandering around looking for POA pilots and never find anyone...

as it gets closer we'll organize a meetup time and place. looking to do at least one dinner but the weekend date is set, everything else will fall into place. or, when you get there, just look for that farm animals wearing party hats. we won't be far from them.

If @frankdurham comes I'm sure we'll have name tags, even those who don't show. ;)
Hahah.. unfortunately I cant make this one.. Wifee will be close to due date and no way she will let me out for this.... I will just live vicariously through you guys with pics and stories...

Hahah.. unfortunately I cant make this one.. Wifee will be close to due date and no way she will let me out for this.... I will just live vicariously through you guys with pics and stories...

Due date, eh? First, second... tell us more!

Congratulations! I'm enjoying my first grandchild at this point. She turns one in April. Glad I'm a grand this time.
Thank You...
Belated congratulations to you as well... I am sure you will show here the flying ropes and hopefully she will catch the bug...

Just look for the large group of obnoxious people.

Find the guys with mirrored sunglasses, leather jackets, epaulets on their shirts, shiny black plastic shoes.... Then go to the other people.

Back