Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

My job sucks I was supposed to go in for a software demo this morning that was supposed to last two hours now its 1:30 and I'm just now driving to the airport. I should be taking off in 20 minutes that puts me there around 6 or 6:30

No solid plans some brought golf clubs by not sure anyone is playing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have fun guys. Wish I could’ve attended.

She's puttin the Bar in Barney .

Does that explain the ****ed off look? :mad:

Absolutely! When she told me she knew you guys, I dumped her:D.

Just watch your wallets.

Catching an 0’dark thirty tomorrow for the cruise port with a friend that looks a helluva lot better than Barney:cool:

Cheers

Hopefully the stars will align for me to make it on the next round.

Enjoy, and safe flying to all!

Made a reservation tonight at 7 at one of the mexican places for 16 of us. I hope that count is accurate. Meet in the lobby probably 6ish for rides.

The wx took a heaping pile of KY and slathered me up pretty good. Could not find a spot to punch through before the mountains. I’m out. This blows, sorry folks.
When are you starting the IR? ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dam! That sucks. I was wondering if you were able to make the trip. Skies were mainly clear west of the Blue Ridge Mtns. Maybe you’ll be able to make the trek tomorrow.

@eman1200

Not kidding. Sux big donkey schlong.

Waited out OVC 001 (that’s 100 foot overcast)

480b716ff084a023fee8c921ce8aa718.jpg

Ceilings rose to OVC 003, then 009, then broken 1300. Field finally went MVFR and u could see everyone getting their planes ready, including me. Finally flew JQF to EQY to get fuel.

6f1e1f96190447105a46c836d7eec2d4.jpg

Had to stay at 2k’ but got a look out to the west. Thought it was worth a shot. I ended up being wrong.

87c9862f8a1a09d71491f018f212a83f.jpg

Between the ceiling actually getting lower as I headed west and the calls out from heavy iron to climb higher to find smoother air I just couldn’t chance trying to get over the mountains.

Anyways, enough of my sob story, have a blast at The Dam yo!

Last edited:
Made a reservation tonight at 7 at one of the mexican places for 16 of us. I hope that count is accurate. Meet in the lobby probably 6ish for rides.

Mexican in Kentucky... that could be an interesting gastronomical experience. Are there even Mexicans there? :)

@eman1200 the good news is you might avoid the mass food poisoning event. :) :) :)

Mexican in Kentucky... that could be an interesting gastronomical experience. Are there even Mexicans there? :)

@eman1200 the good news is you might avoid the mass food poisoning event. :) :) :)

There's Mexicans everywhere. And, believe it or not, some of the best Mexican I've had outside of Texas (where they have brisket tacos, which are unequaled no matter how good the Mexicans) was in Arkansas.

Never judge the quality of the Mexicans by their geography. :)

Funny you say that... This past week, ICE came in and every Mexican restaurant in town shutdown. They only raided four, but others shutdown on their own as no one would come in.

(WFIE)
OWENSBORO, KY (WFIE) -

ICE officials raided four different Mexican restaurants in Owensboro Wednesday night.
A spokesperson from the agency told us 13 people were arrested.
The family members brave enough to talk with us are devastated. Many don't even know where their loved ones are.
They are calling jails across the state looking for their friends and family.
Employees of Real Hacienda and Papa Grande say this raid was totally unexpected and many haven't seen anything like it.
They say many others were afraid to come to work.
This is the second time ICE agents have been in Owensboro since September.
They also made a similar sweep of Mexican food restaurants in Indianapolis Tuesday.

Am I in the wrong place? We are at the front desk upstairs from the restaurant. I watched EdFred do a runway inspection from the deck a few minutes ago, so I know why he isn’t here.

There's Mexicans everywhere. And, believe it or not, some of the best Mexican I've had outside of Texas (where they have brisket tacos, which are unequaled no matter how good the Mexicans) was in Arkansas.

Never judge the quality of the Mexicans by their geography. :)

Oh I would never judge Mexican cuisine by any from Texas... "Tex-Mex?" Bleh... LOL...

Funny you say that... This past week, ICE came in and every Mexican restaurant in town shutdown. They only raided four, but others shutdown on their own as no one would come in.

Oh my... haha... I had no idea when I posted that. :)

Detroit is soaked in in the morning. We plan to depart in the early afternoon and should arrive around 4 pm at M34. :)

eman really scrubbed because he was afraid Barney would sneak into his accommodation and have her way with him.

Seriously, good ADM. We won't want to read about another accident after VFR into IFR or controlled flight into terrain.

Cheers

We are flying formation to a restaurant near Kentucky Dam for lunch. Can someone tell us what airport round here has a restaurant on the field??

I feel really sorry for anyone trying to sleep in the neighboring rooms right now.

Back