Keep looking up!

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I haven't seen the PBS show "Star Hustler" or "Star Gazer" for a long, long time. But Jack Horkheimer used to end each episode with that phrase.

I didn't look up the other day and missed this:

MoonSaturn_Patonai_960.jpg

Could have been worse. You could have hit it.

I haven't seen the PBS show "Star Hustler" or "Star Gazer" for a long, long time. But Jack Horkheimer used to end each episode with that phrase.

Horkheimer is someone I haven’t thought of in many years. I used to love his segments on PBS.

I loved that show, grew up watching it. Was always on right before or after Star Trek. Tell my kids that all the time and when they were younger had them watching them on yT.

Remember to give way to the right.....
Uh, if I'm not mistaken Saturn is actually to the right due to the moon's gravitational effect on the light beam. Better to climb above.

Hey, is that Bozo the clown at 3 o'clock to 3-thirty?

Bozo.jpg

Oops. Nope, it's @Skydog58! :)

EDIT: Really, I see a dog like @SkyDog58's avatar. Only saw a big clown nose at first. Wasn't meant to be a put-down. :oops:

Last edited:
I haven’t seen the Milky Way in a long time. When my parents lived in CO at 8500’ they also lived in an area shielded from light pollution. The sky was spectacular on moonless nights.

I haven’t seen the Milky Way in a long time. When my parents lived in CO at 8500’ they also lived in an area shielded from light pollution. The sky was spectacular on moonless nights.

Where I live the sky is spectacularly clear at night. Sometimes the full moon is so bright I'll wake up thinking the outside lights are on.

“Some people hustle pool,
Some people hustle cars,
But have you ever heard about The man who hustles stars?”

Jack apparently passed away in 2010.

And his PBS show first aired in 1976.

Now we feel old. Ha.
I AM NOT OLD! I only just turned 48 last week. I AM NOT OLD! :(:( I do remember those stargazer tidbits from PBS from somewhere in the 80's. I AM old. :(

Uh, if I'm not mistaken Saturn is actually to the right due to the moon's gravitational effect on the light beam. Better to climb above.

View attachment 76971

EDIT: Really, I see a dog like @SkyDog58's avatar. Only saw a big clown nose at first. Wasn't meant to be a put-down. :oops:

o_O WTF?!

Dude, lay off the LSD or crack pipe. Whatever you are doing, it is really messing with your mind. :D

View attachment 76971

Dude... that is CLEARLY Mickey Mouse.... well, with an admittedly misshapen right ear (left, from the viewer's perspective... which is, at this point, obviously warped to begin with...)

I AM NOT OLD! I only just turned 48 last week. I AM NOT OLD! :(:( I do remember those stargazer tidbits from PBS from somewhere in the 80's. I AM old. :(

You probably had a couple of Stargazer episodes on VHS when you were recording something else..

:) :) :)

Bring back AM Weather!!!!

And get off my lawn.

Back