Just so we don't forget - Martin Aviation Group

What is his problem? Why does he keep claiming companies are his partners when they clearly are not? He's done this several times in a row now - makes him look rather foolish.

Now he's messing with companies that have real, honest-ta-gawd lawyers on staff or retainer. I don't think they'll back off from going after somebody that accuses them of "deceptive business practices" because they got a nasty email at 4 AM.

Martin Aviation Group Chairman and CEO Troy Martin said his planned $4 billion office complex in Cahokia, Ill., next to the St. Louis Downtown Airport has purchase commitments for about 10 percent of the space.
He declined to say the specific number of companies committed or how many companies must commit before the project is brought to fruition. He said by mid-2009 the company will be in a better position to put a timeline on the project.

Since it is mid-2010 I'll be they really know now what that timeline is. Anyone know where I can get it? I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything but a bunch of old Quicktime videos stating how great this project is.

Watching those ever-changing logos of the Martin Coalition (for as long as I can before I have an epileptic seizure), I notice that the Space Shuttle's robotic arm is one of coalition partners. :dunno:

I am thrilled that they are lean 6 sigma, or at least are able to write, not terribly well, a short synopsis of the concept.

Watching those ever-changing logos of the Martin Coalition (for as long as I can before I have an epileptic seizure), I notice that the Space Shuttle's robotic arm is one of coalition partners.:dunno:

Gaak, you'd think with the billions at stake, he'd hire a real web designer. All those logos remind me of the t-shirts they give out at the local 5k/10k charity runs.

I guess when he gets dropped by another of his tech partners, he could always pick up Brawndo or Massengill.

He also hates ketchup on his hot dogs.

Watching those ever-changing logos of the Martin Coalition (for as long as I can before I have an epileptic seizure), I notice that the Space Shuttle's robotic arm is one of coalition partners. :dunno:

Just make sure you don't take a screenshot of the logo :wink2:

I am not sure of that. I would need to see proof. he strikes me as a ketchup on a hot dog kind of guy. :cornut:

I have yet to see a picture of him eating a hot dog with ketchup on it. And I am going to invoke the atheist's argument. I don't have to prove that the non-ketchup covered hot dog exists, you have to prove the ketchup covered one does! :D

I have yet to see a picture of him eating a hot dog with ketchup on it. And I am going to invoke the atheist's argument. I don't have to prove that the non-ketchup covered hot dog exists, you have to prove the ketchup covered one does! :D
Well we have proof that Troy has exercised poor judgement in the past with his ADIZ flight. I think it would be safe to extrapolate from that demostratable bad decision making that he would then want ketchup on his hot dog. He is from an area very close to NY. That geographic region has questionable hot dog knowledge.

Yuck. Hot dog with ketchup. Just. Yuck.

Mustard. Only. Well maybe chili and onions. Or sauerkraut and grainy mustard. But never ketchup, or its bastard half-brother, relish. Yeccch.

Wonder what they'll serve in the Martin Grand Cafeteria?

Well we have proof that Troy has exercised poor judgement in the past with his ADIZ flight. I think it would be safe to extrapolate from that demostratable bad decision making that he would then want ketchup on his hot dog. He is from an area very close to NY. That geographic region has questionable hot dog knowledge.

Assumptions or faith do not qualify! :p

I'm going to wait until they announce that Virgin Atlantic has given them a $14 Bazillion Dollar Grant to develop the first Earth-to-Saturn shuttle before I commit my investment dollars. Just sayin.

I'm going to wait until they announce that Virgin Atlantic has given them a $14 Bazillion Dollar Grant to develop the first Earth-to-Saturn shuttle before I commit my investment dollars. Just sayin.

That press release will be available by weeks end. :goofy:

I just emailed the guy from our company whose picture is on the site with our company name and logo. I let you know what he says.

OK WTF. I just tried to go to http://www.martinaviationgroup.com/ and the damn page crashes my browser!. I'm using ie8 here at work. If they can't even design and test a functioning web page then what do you think these guys would do to an airport??? :D

Do tell, or at least provide a link.

Wow. Why the special attention here, was he a participant at some point?

He started the Martin Aviation Group with extreme pompousness, and Jesse and Nick (I think) had fun with it, and he started to threaten them with lawsuits and the like because they were mocking the douchebag pretty bad. So he has a special place in our bowels.

He started the Martin Aviation Group with extreme pompousness, and Jesse and Nick (I think) had fun with it, and he started to threaten them with lawsuits and the like because they were mocking the douchebag pretty bad. So he has a special place in our bowels.

Yes, thanks Ed. I kept getting a memory error when trying to recall why this group was of interest; it all came back with your post. Gives new insight into where the term 'cart before the horse' was derived.

Best,

Dave

Flightsuits!!! Don't forget the MAG flight suits. Remember his initial project was a flight school with the top of the line airplanes, it morphed into the real estate deal.

Yes, thanks Ed. I kept getting a memory error when trying to recall why this group was of interest; it all came back with your post. Gives new insight into where the term 'cart before the horse' was derived.

Best,

Dave

Here are some links to the old posts

I also added some metadata to make finding Martin Aviation stuff a little easier to find.

The flight school idea is still out there for MAG

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Martin Aviation Group has been created to capture an underserved market, organize an industry and profit by solving difficult problems. The industry is general aviation. The underserved market is flight instruction for personal pilots. The problems are lack of professionalism, inefficient training programs, high costs for insurance and a safety record with ample room for improvement.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Martin Aviation Group’s (MAG) mission is to improve safety, affordability and enjoyment for the personal pilot. This will be accomplished by restructuring the interrelationships between pilots, insurance, banking, aircraft manufacturing and flight schools.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]MAG is developing and will support a network of licensed flight schools across North America. MAG is using the power of the Internet to bring student pilots to these licensed schools. Standardized, highly structured and efficient flight instruction procedures as well as world class business processes are executed at MAG schools. The MAG shared services center off loads the local flight schools by performing back office activities. A unique, secure and economically improved aircraft storage system has been developed and is available only to MAG schools. Because of these changes, insurance terms for MAG flight schools are more favorable.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]For the personal pilot MAG offers the Martin Certification which combines the FAA’s private pilot license and instrument rating. Flight instruction is offered through attractive financing and completion is guaranteed for a fixed fee. A Martin Certified pilot is held to professional standards and receives favorable insurance terms.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Aircraft Management by Martin Aviation Group will grow the number of new people coming into personal aviation by reducing the hassles and lowering the costs of involvement. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]In the 48 States the flight instruction market is $300M, the aircraft purchase, financing and leasing market is $600M, and the aircraft management market is $350M. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Where is the growth? The Martin Aviation Group growth plan is multi-dimensional. Adding new schools is the most obvious avenue. Canada, Europe and Australia are logical extensions for the standardization of flight instruction at the personal level. Another strong growth option is taking the MAG concepts and applying them to every type of aircraft and FAA category of licensed pilot. There is no theoretical limit to the benefits of standardization, organization and professionalism when applied to a fragmented industry.
Summarizes his plan and the details are here. http://www.martinaviationgroup.com/flight_center_overview.html
[/FONT]

I did a little back tracking to understand this Martin thing more. From my reading he was just a passenger on the ADIZ bust. Is that right or have I missed something?

I emailed our guy that is pictured on the site:

Does xxxxx truly have a deal going with the Martin Aviation Group? Your name and xxxxx are pretty prominently displayed on their website.

His answer came back:

Yes – Assuming the project ever gets off the ground.

I did a little back tracking to understand this Martin thing more. From my reading he was just a passenger on the ADIZ bust. Is that right or have I missed something?

Martin was a student who was flying the plane. The other guy was PIC and got busted as much as you can get busted, barring going to jail.

AFAIK, Martin never got a certificate. We can imagine he'd get a special kind of checkride.

I emailed our guy that is pictured on the site:

Does xxxxx truly have a deal going with the Martin Aviation Group? Your name and xxxxx are pretty prominently displayed on their website.

His answer came back:

Yes – Assuming the project ever gets off the ground.

He was a student pilot who was an idiot. When I was a student pilot there was no way in hell I was just going to hop in a ride with someone and trust they knew what they were doing. I can guarandamntee you if I were in dumbass's shoes it would have never happened. Then again, look at his website as evidence for what a moron he is.

He was a student pilot who was an idiot. When I was a student pilot there was no way in hell I was just going to hop in a ride with someone and trust they knew what they were doing. I can guarandamntee you if I were in dumbass's shoes it would have never happened. Then again, look at his website as evidence for what a moron he is.

I gave our guy a link to the original thread from here and told him that Martin is not well respected within the aviation community.

He replied back with:

Thanks for the concern….I “inherited” the account from an AM in PA when the y decided to build the complex outside of St. Louis. The previous rep had done some extensive planning work with Martin and had already cleared the permissions to have his face on the web site. When I took over, Martin asked if my image and name could replace my predecessor and xxxxx agreed. So now my ugly mug and our beautiful xxxxx logo are on his site. I haven’t done much lately with them and I have always been a little leary of his “pied piper” approach. However, his idea might just be wild enough to work…..we’ll see.

I gave our guy a link to the original thread from here and told him that Martin is not well respected within the aviation community.

He replied back with:

[/COLOR]
Just my $.02, I am not sure your company would want their internal discusses about a business client posted on a public web site. I am just saying, be careful. MAG could be spiteful and notify your employer and you would be in trouble. I would hate for that to happen.

Spike!!!!!

Tsk, tsk!!

Mentioning He Who Must Not Be Named? And you, an MC member too! I am shocked and disappointed.

Or does this herald a new day of MAG-trashing??? Because I know there are a few of us who have a lot of pent up bashing to let out!!:ihih::D

Wait! Wasn't HWMNBN a certain CFI with initials JH? or am I stuck in a web of another color? Did JH stories not make the transition to the blue board?

Curious -- just for kicks I googled ol' Troy and his Aviation Group and Martin America and got nothing. Nada. Other than all those press releases, that is. Can't find nuttin. www.martinaviationgroup.com? Nope. www.martinamerica.com? nope.

I, for one, would be astounded if this great venture has indeed failed. Just, astounded. I blame Obama.

:ihih::goofy::D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've decided to start a mega-billion dollar business. It will be called BuzzWord International. It will be a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hubris Group, and its operations will be managed by Faith Based Initiatives. It will bring Cutting Edge Technology and Total Quality Management systems to a variety of to be announced industries, aided by Just in Time inventory control. The contract for hardware infrastructure has been awarded to AmeriDynaTechieCorp, and the software contract to Vaporware Systems, Ltd. The company's initial projects will be funded directly by suckers, er, I mean customers.

Curious -- just for kicks I googled ol' Troy and his Aviation Group and Martin America and got nothing. Nada. Other than all those press releases, that is. Can't find nuttin. www.martinaviationgroup.com? Nope. www.martinamerica.com? nope.

I, for one, would be astounded if this great venture has indeed failed. Just, astounded. I blame Obama.

:ihih::goofy::D:thumbsup:

Guess the Feds were closing in. :rolleyes2:

I've decided to start a mega-billion dollar business. It will be called BuzzWord International. It will be a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hubris Group, and its operations will be managed by Faith Based Initiatives. It will bring Cutting Edge Technology and Total Quality Management systems to a variety of to be announced industries, aided by Just in Time inventory control. The contract for hardware infrastructure has been awarded to AmeriDynaTechieCorp, and the software contract to Vaporware Systems, Ltd. The company's initial projects will be funded directly by suckers, er, I mean customers.

I start to think we both worked for the same company at one point.

My employers were mostly well-run, but that didn't necessarily keep buzzwords and catch phrases out of the picture.

You forgot he the previously mentioned Six Sigma certification, and add ISO 9000 to get a Bingo.

You forgot he the previously mentioned Six Sigma certification, and add ISO 9000 to get a Bingo.

And for extra credit, we have to mention 'Lean' !

Back