SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
MartinAviationGroup said:
"At $7 billion, Martin America is the largest non-government, non-public project to be built anywhere in the world."

"In order to exceed expectations, Martin embraces proven and leading edge business process improvement methods including Six Sigma, Blue Ocean Strategy and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Standards."

"All office & residence condominium owners will be members of The Martin America Condominium Owners Association. This entity will own:

Eight (8) Gulfstream private luxury jet aircraft, Three (3) Sikorsky executive helicopters, (15) Rolls Royce Phantom limousines just naming a few of the entity assets."

"The Residences

Ranging in price from $25M to $29M and 30K SF in size located on approximately 30 acres within the 180 acre secure complex. The Residences each occupy one entire floor exceeding 30K SF which includes two 100' X 16' terraces, two on each floor, one on each end of the tower, emergency stairs and elevator shafts. "

I wonder how the market for 25 million dollar condos, at St. Louis Downtown Airport, is going...

Probably about the same as 1 million dollar flight training partnered with a bunch of companies that never heard of him.

I sure hope the Martin Aviation Group Legal Team doesn't decide to threaten me at 3am on a Sunday night again. It really scared me.

Spike!!!!!

Tsk, tsk!!

Mentioning He Who Must Not Be Named? And you, an MC member too! I am shocked and disappointed.

Or does this herald a new day of MAG-trashing??? Because I know there are a few of us who have a lot of pent up bashing to let out!!:ihih::D

I did no bashing - I am simply assisting with the mission of spreading the word about a remarkably audacious plan. If it works, I'll be at the head of the line of folks congratulating Mr. Martin on his foresight and vision.

Not holding my breath... but who'da thunk something as simple as Woot would make millions?

The last update in the news about this project was the award of the ocnstruction contract more than a year ago

Martin Aviation Group has awarded a $55 million contract to Premier Cos. to provide all network design and infrastructure for the proposed Martin America Airpark, a planned $7 billion office complex in Cahokia, Ill., next to the St. Louis Downtown Airport.
Lancaster, Pa.-based Premier Cos. specializes in the design, implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communication solutions and procurement of network services.
Martian Aviation’s airpark plans include 5 million feet of office space and 1 million square feet of residential condominiums.

Yet when I look to see how it is going I cannot find anything.

The airport construction page lists nothing. http://www.stlouisdowntownairport.com/construc.htm

Nothing when I search for groundbreaking in St. Louis for any air park.

http://www.premiercos.com/ lists their home page as a "Test Page" hmmmm

I know there has been a downturn in commercial property development due to economic conditions. But that is not an issue with MAG.

The recession and tight credit markets haven’t hurt Martin’s dreams for a 100-acre office park, he said.
“Our financial structuring was laughed at a couple years ago because we aren’t attempting to get bank funding and instead we structured the project to gather escrow money from customers at the point of purchase to fund” the project’s construction, Martin said. “That was viewed as very unconventional. If we had structured [with bank financing], we would have been partially under construction with no funding or dead. Because we structured (a different way), the current economic climate has not affected us the way it has affected others.”

So he should be well on his way to finishing construction. right? RIGHT?

As Carson used to say about the sketches on his show, you have to buy the premise before you buy the bit.

The last update in the news about this project was the award of the ocnstruction contract more than a year ago

Yet when I look to see how it is going I cannot find anything.

The airport construction page lists nothing. http://www.stlouisdowntownairport.com/construc.htm

Nothing when I search for groundbreaking in St. Louis for any air park.

http://www.premiercos.com/ lists their home page as a "Test Page" hmmmm

I know there has been a downturn in commercial property development due to economic conditions. But that is not an issue with MAG.

[/color][/left]
So he should be well on his way to finishing construction. right? RIGHT?
[/color][/left]

Whois is your friend.

Denise Evans, attorney and lecturer at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, \ is a principal in Premier Companies. You can still view their website content (albeit, without images) with a little work.

Here is Denise's web page.

http://www.deniselevans.com/

http://www.premiercos.com/

Ah, I have figured this out. The guy has extraterrestrial help!

Martian Aviation’s airpark plans include 5 million feet of office space and 1 million square feet of residential condominiums.

Whois is your friend.

Denise Evans, attorney and lecturer at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, \ is a principal in Premier Companies. You can still view their website content (albeit, without images) with a little work.

Here is Denise's web page.

http://www.deniselevans.com/

http://www.premiercos.com/

That's a different Premier Co -- the one in the MAG announcement is located in Lancaster PA, and the contract was for networking.

You don't think such an audacious, revolutionary, where-only-eagles-dare development would rely on a minor league mom&pop real estate advisory company in Tuscaloosa, AL?

I wonder how the market for 25 million dollar condos, at St. Louis Downtown Airport, is going...

I think the answer to that question would be, how many of the planned 34 buildings are under construction? Best I can tell, the answer is zero.

Who would buy a residential condo that doesn't have parking inside the building? Just looking at the schematic layouts of the residential buildings, I see a lot of things that tell me they don't have the slightest idea what they're doing.

I think the answer to that question would be, how many of the planned 34 buildings are under construction? Best I can tell, the answer is zero.

Who would buy a residential condo that doesn't have parking inside the building? Just looking at the schematic layouts of the residential buildings, I see a lot of things that tell me they don't have the slightest idea what they're doing.

Who needs parking when you have a fleet of Rolls at your disposal, plus a swanky people-mover?

Mark got it. The MAG Inc. in Florida is a real group of honest to goodness businessmen who are actually providing a good service.

MAG St. Louis seems to have a web page and hype. I would love to see some of the plans and dreams start to come true, but I cannot locate any factual corroboration of any of the claims made on the MAG web site by Troy Martin. If somebody has them share them...please.

I have always wondered if MAG Inc. Is annoyed at MAG St. Louis for using similar names. Seems to me that MAG Inc was around longer and has a brand along with their reputation to protect. If I was their corporate counsel I think I would be sending a letter to MAG St. Louis to ask them to change their name.

I always though this was comedy, have any of you checked out the neighborhood? They'd strip the wheels, doors and fenders of those Rolls while they were rolling out of the parking lot.

I always though this was comedy, have any of you checked out the neighborhood? They'd strip the wheels, doors and fenders of those Rolls while they were rolling out of the parking lot.

Henning... git wif it!

They'd never *leave* the lot, because everything they could ever possibly want is already there.

Henning... git wif it!

They'd never *leave* the lot, because everything they could ever possibly want is already there.

I'm still trying to figure out if the guy is a scammer or serious and delusional. Either way he's an idiot.

He needs cash buyers. Anyone with 25mil burning a hole in his pocket and a desire of owning a runway would probably just build one. Audacious ;) !

That's exactly why, in my first response, I said "And I'd bet that they don't even come with bulletproof glass."

:goofy:

http://www.allbusiness.com/real-estate/commercial-residential-property-property/14757132-1.html

Interesting

Martin, who heads Pennsylvania-based Martin Aviation Group, initially claimed that the $4 billion development would be marketed by Grubb & Ellis, a national commercial real estate broker. GE Real Estate, meanwhile, was supposed to work with Grubb & Ellis on financing.
But GE Real Estate says it was never a part of the development, and Martin said he severed ties with Grubb & Ellis on Monday.
A Grubb & Ellis spokeswoman said the company was unaware on Monday that it was no longer involved in the project. In a statement from its Chicago office, Grubb & Ellis said its involvement with Martin Aviation was "preliminary," and no contracts were signed.

What is his problem? Why does he keep claiming companies are his partners when they clearly are not? He's done this several times in a row now - makes him look rather foolish.

What is his problem? Why does he keep claiming companies are his partners when they clearly are not? He's done this several times in a row now - makes him look rather foolish.

"Rather"?

I used to work in a company that had such an active and vigorous rumor mill that I was able to cause a number of projects to begin or be ended by just starting a rumor to the effect. Pretty soon there was enough buzz that the lemmings would just follow along and I even had some people telling folks it was there idea to begin with - and things I wanted to happen would happen.

In another life, I started a business with a guy like Troy that thought that issuing press releases and giving media interviews was a marketing tactic - when we hadn't done anything yet. I pulled the rip cord in the first few months on this guy and bailed out.

The first case worked beautifully. The second, not so much and I managed to get out before my cred was wasted. Something tells me that Troy went to the same management school as my second case partner...

:D

I love reading this thread. I just get such a hoot out of the whole thing.

Back