Just got new iPad and...

DanD

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DanD
...you can now do this in Foreflight, or any other flight app you want to use:

IMG_0001[1].PNG
Load the clock in a smaller window over the larger one and use it. You can then slide it on and off screen with your finger. You can do this with any app that doesn't demand the whole screen.

I think you need the new iPad for this. The new one changes the gesture interface because there's no more home button. But this feature might show up in some iOS upgrades.

Dan D.

I keep a scratch pad there ... I wish Fore-flight would allow you to write right on the map... Or at least allow a split screen for other than just the AHRS

I keep a scratch pad there ... I wish Fore-flight would allow you to write right on the map... Or at least allow a split screen for other than just the AHRS
To complete the info....

Foreflight does provide a scratch pad where you can use a finger or stylus to write info. There are also some "forms" for CRAFT and ATIS information.

You can do mark up on the plates. And whatever you mark up is durable, so if you save your scribbles, they will still be there when you return to that plate.

And I think the scribbles will show up when you send the plate to the map to be shown as an overlay.

Yea, I know about those, but it would be nice if you didn't have to switch pages to scratch a note... Like Right on the map page would be great!
Which is why I have small pad of paper and inkpen handy....

/*sarcasm*/ If FF did what you ask, then they would keep it behind one of their more expensive paywalls and we would have additional online arguments from PoA's resident FF haters. /*sarcasm*/

Back