SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Galion, Ohio, Mildred Avalon Scarborough

Married my dad in 1950, raised four kids and taught us well.

Fought to the end.

My mom, lifted up on angels' wings.

Spike, I'm so sorry for your loss. You learned well from her, though, and Tommy's turning out as good as you did. You're in our thoughts & prayers.

So sorry, Spike. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Rich

So very sorry to hear of your loss, Spike... Teresa, me, and the girls all send hugs and prayers your way.

Spike, I too am so sorry for your loss. I know how tough it is. I know. You and your family are in my prayers.

Spike i'm sorry for your families loss. And if it's any concellation Your mom did a Very Good Job raising you .
Dave G.

May you find peace in the memories you have been blessed with.

Your Mother is always with you.

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.
She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.
She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep; the colors of a rainbow.
She is Christmas morning.
Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every teardrop. A mother shows every emotion .......... happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow... and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life.
She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space...not even death!

Sorry to hear of your loss!!

Your Mother is always with you.

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.
She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.
She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep; the colors of a rainbow.
She is Christmas morning.
Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every teardrop. A mother shows every emotion .......... happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow... and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life.
She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space...not even death!

Sorry to hear of your loss!!

What a beautiful first post. Welcome to the POA Board, Rahn. Spike's one of the good ones here (and there's lots of them!).

Sorry, Spike. My thoughts are with your family.

My Mom is doing well. The doctor called today. We'll hear further on Monday.

Spike, I am sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

You and your family have my thoughts, hopes and prayers, Spike. I know how it feels - it's still fresh in my own mind.

Sigh... Now I'm crying. :(

:(So Sorry Spike. May G-d grant you and your family comfort and peace my friend.

I'm so sorry, Spike.
May she rest in peace. She obviously did a fine job raising her son.

May you find peace and comfort during your grieving, Spike.

Grace and peace,

I'm sorry Spike. She sounds like she is a great woman, and she raised an amazing boy.

I'm sorry.

Sorry for your loss, Spike. I've never met you in person, but from reading your posts here and hearing other folks' comments about you offline, I know that she is proud of her life's work.

Thoughts and prayers for your family.

86 years. It sounds like she lived a long and full life. And knowing you and Tommy, it was most definitely a good one for her. Be thankful you got to enjoy her as long as you did, not everyone can be so blessed. :)

Spike - please accept our condolences for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers for comfort and peace.

Spike, I'm so sorry. :( I know that the past few weeks have been tough for her and for you. You both can find more peace now that her suffering is over. The expression "heavy heart" comes to mind when trying to describe that overwhelming sadness when losing a loved one. I wish I could do something to lessen that sadness for you as you grieve. Tom and I are thinking of you and your family and we send our love.

I am so sorry, Spike.
May she soar on wings like an eagle;
may she run and not grow weary,
may she walk and not be faint.

"The storm of the last night has crowned this morning with golden peace."
Tagore, ‘Stray Birds’

Very sorry to hear about your mom, Spike.

I too am sorry for your loss. You are lucky to have so many friends. I wrote a little poem about a departed friend, one line went something lilke this: " Friends don't come a dime a dozen,
No you can't buy one off the shelf,
You must earn a persons friendship,
and the price you pay is a portion of yourself."

You have earned a lot of friends Spike, and I hope I can be listed as one of them. Bob

My condolences for your loss. Yet another from the "greatest" generation, gone....

Thanks to all of you for the comforting messages, here, by PM, by email and phone. Pilot folks are the best, and you all are truly an extended family.

My mom had reached the point where the only thing keeping her alive was the ventilator, and all efforts to wean her from it were abject failures. There were other issues, as well.

She has always had a standing and absolute provision against being maintained past her time by artificial means, and we had clearly reached that point. Twenty-five years younger, perhaps, she might have gotten a new lung, but...

She was sedated and when the breathing tube was withdrawn, she slipped away quickly, a matter of minutes.

I had thought I could not bear to be in there, but I could not leave my father and sister alone with that, and I rejoined them with her. My sister, along with a dear family friend, were singing softly and sweetly, angels' voices, as she faded away, and I'll never know where my sister found her voice. My father held her hand, and Tommy and I held him.

Tommy had also chosen to leave the waiting room and be there with us, something I could never have done at his age.

She had hung in there for years longer than doctors had ever expected, and had been living life for most of that time, so she showed us all a thing or two. She was, mentally, all there to the end, but was in great discomfort all the time. Her struggle is over, but Lordy, we'll miss her.

Maybe I'll lure my Dad into coming to Gaston's; at 90, he'd surely be the oldest one there.

My condolences for your loss. Yet another from the "greatest" generation, gone....

Many were the stories she told of the depression and WWII years, then later the time when she and my Dad were in Europe with the Marshall Plan... friends in Paris who were French underground. The Greatest Generation, indeed.

Again, to all of you, thank you for your kind concern.

/s/ Spike

Spike,

My sympathies and condolences. Never easy, especially over the holidays.

Prayers to you and your family.

Jessie and I send our sincerest condolences Spike... may she find peace and your family solace in this difficult time.

-Andrew

So sorry, Spike. I lost my mom close to Thanksgiving several years ago, and even tho you know they lived life fully and it was time to move on, it sure isn't easy to give them up.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kaye

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Spike, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

Back