Jumbolair, Qatar and...Michael Cohen?

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
Last night's Rachel Maddow's show* (with a guest host) began with a story about this thread's title.

I had no idea about this.

Posted for the aviation content, not the political content.

*available via podcast, if you're interested.

Last night's Rachel Maddow's show* (with a guest host) began with a story about this thread's title.

I had no idea about this.

Posted for the aviation content, not the political content.

*available via podcast, if you're interested.

Nice try. It is by default political and probably won’t last long. Was what you had no idea about, is that places like this existed? Spruce Creek up by Daytona, DAB, is a pretty Gucci airpark.

Like to own the fleet of aircraft ,that encompasses jumbolair.

Nice try. It is by default political and probably won’t last long. Was what you had no idea about, is that places like this existed? Spruce Creek up by Daytona, DAB, is a pretty Gucci airpark.

Well, not all of us are 10 percenters....

As I recall, @SixPapaCharlie mentioned in one of the videos that he and his dad bought the Cirrus from a resident of Jumbo Lair ("Travolta's neighbor" was how it was described).

The story was simple tax evasion concerning a sales commision. Why they made a big deal of airport communities which were not the issue I am not certain.

You can live at Spruce Creek quite reasonably; one needn't be a "ten percenter".

Yeah, probably. When I went there it was the first time I had seen or even heard of a place like that. Guess I was a little awestruck. I wouldn’t say the level of living there is much below the top 10% in median income though. I didn’t drive around the whole place though. What I saw was mini mansions with attached Hangars

You can live at Spruce Creek quite reasonably; one needn't be a "ten percenter".

When I was in flight school in Sanford, one of the other students rented a house in Spruce Creek. And rented out the other bedrooms to make it more affordable. Nice area, it was quiet, not counting airplane noise.

Well, not all of us are 10 percenters....

Dude, I don't want to hear it. You're only a few measly clicks on pilotcredentials from joining the 5%, if you'd just get off your stubborn ass and do it. :p

It was actually an interesting story, politics aside. Ali Velshi (sitting in for Maddow) reported that Cohen brokered a land deal with owner of Jumbolair and Qatari royalty. Cohen happened "to forget" to report his $100K profit from the deal. The best part about it was the marketing video for Jumbolair that they played. Straight outta 1990:

Back