Jeppensen down for everyone?

Justin Brady

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SONIC
I haven't been able to login to download/update my Nav databases for days.
Everybody else in the same boat?

Yep, Jeppesen in their entire history has never understood software. After digging into why there wasn't continued support for certain things, I was able to get down to the fact that their configuration management practices on JSUM was so bad that they had outright lost the source code to certain modules. I can definitely see how they'd be ripe pickings for abuse.

Excellent.
They are the only source for my gns480 database so I'm grounded ifr until they get this fixed. I want a refund for my 700 bucks a year

Yeah.. even Milplanner which is a Jeppesen product that the military relies on is down. Foreflight works though!

Yeah.. even Milplanner which is a Jeppesen product that the military relies on is down. Foreflight works though!

I doubt the faa is going to like me shooting approaches with old database and foreflight haha

I doubt the faa is going to like me shooting approaches with old database and foreflight haha

If I recall correctly, shooting an approach with an out of date database is legal if you confirm that the approach is unchanged since the last update as part of your preflight planning.

So, shooting approaches with an old database and Foreflight (to confirm the approach is unchanged) is what the FAA instructs you to do in this scenario.

I haven't been able to login to download/update my Nav databases for days.
Everybody else in the same boat?
Yes, I have not been able to log into Jeppesen and download new nav data for the last two days.

If you have a current database on your ipad I believe you can legally fly the approach with the plate on the ipad. No autopilot coupling from ipad.

Yes, I have not been able to log into Jeppesen and download new nav data for the last two days.
I was able to log into JDM and download (and install) updates for my IFD540 yesterday. (I was downloading the data around the time you were posting your message.)

I'm in the same boat ... haven't been able to log in and download nav updates for the past 3 days. My JDM app keeps giving me an error saying that it can't connect to it's servers.

Are others still getting the same errors ?

Was finally able to get in this morning for anyone still trying

Did anyone bother to call Jepp to find out the problem?

Apparently lots of people did since their website says "no phone support available at this time" haha.
They also list a support email address that doesn't work. I think they got overwhelmed when everyone tried to update on the legally required database and couldn't.

As of this morning

On November 2, Jeppesen, experienced a cyber incident affecting certain flight planning products and services. We immediately initiated an incident response process and we are currently working to reactivate individual products to our hosted production environment.

On November 5, NOTAMs were reactivated in our hosted production environment. Following a comprehensive scan and forensic analysis of our NOTAMs operating environment, we have verified the NOTAMs software is safe, secure, and fit for use by our customers and associated applications.

We continue to work to restore full functionality to all of our flight planning products and services.

If you need support, please reach out to us at support.jeppesen.com as phone support is not available at this time.
The main account management login is still non-functional.

As of this morning

On November 2, Jeppesen, experienced a cyber incident affecting certain flight planning products and services. We immediately initiated an incident response process and we are currently working to reactivate individual products to our hosted production environment.

On November 5, NOTAMs were reactivated in our hosted production environment. Following a comprehensive scan and forensic analysis of our NOTAMs operating environment, we have verified the NOTAMs software is safe, secure, and fit for use by our customers and associated applications.

We continue to work to restore full functionality to all of our flight planning products and services.

If you need support, please reach out to us at support.jeppesen.com as phone support is not available at this time.
The main account management login is still non-functional.

First transparency from Jepp. Good to know what’s going on, officially.

I was able to log into JDM and download (and install) updates for my IFD540 yesterday. (I was downloading the data around the time you were posting your message.)

I'm in the same boat ... haven't been able to log in and download nav updates for the past 3 days. My JDM app keeps giving me an error saying that it can't connect to it's servers.

Are others still getting the same errors ?
As I posted...no. Weird that it's working for some (me) and not for others.

I think it's the login credentials. If you had hit it right you might have them cached on your device from before the attack. But how long this has been going on for (not to mention that they were hacked to begin with) indicates the sad state of Jepp's IT (which doesn't surprise me as I pointed out in the past, they've never understood software in the least).

I think it's the login credentials. If you had hit it right you might have them cached on your device from before the attack.
Could be but the first time I opened the app on my laptop to update my 300XL data cards, I got a white screen that didn’t go away. I closed it and re-opened and it came up normally but I needed to re-enter my credentials. After that, things worked as normal. I hadn’t dumped the cache on my laptop.

Anyway, luckily, it worked for me yesterday.

Worked for me yesterday also

I think it's the login credentials. If you had hit it right you might have them cached on your device from before the attack. But how long this has been going on for (not to mention that they were hacked to begin with) indicates the sad state of Jepp's IT (which doesn't surprise me as I pointed out in the past, they've never understood software in the least).

I'm still unable to log in and the red banner on Jepp's web page still says they are working on it. I don't understand how some pilots on this forum have been able to log in and download data and others are not. It would be nice to have more communication from Jepp and know what products are active and which ones are not.

I was able to download nav and obstacle data for my Avidyne.

I'm still unable to log in and the red banner on Jepp's web page still says they are working on it. I don't understand how some pilots on this forum have been able to log in and download data and others are not. It would be nice to have more communication from Jepp and know what products are active and which ones are not.
To be clear, I am able to log into the Jepp Distribution Mgr app on my laptop to download data to a USB drive and carry it to my IFD540. I have not tried to log into any Jeppesen websites--there's nothing on the Jepp web that I want or need. Maybe we're trying to log into different systems?

To be clear, I am able to log into the Jepp Distribution Mgr app on my laptop to download data to a USB drive and carry it to my IFD540. I have not tried to log into any Jeppesen websites--there's nothing on the Jepp web that I want or need. Maybe we're trying to log into different systems?

I don't know. I am also using Jepp Distribution Mgr on my desktop and trying to get data for an IFD540. JDM app doesn't recognize my log in..."incorrect user name/password" When I click on the link for "Forgot user name/password", the Jepp page has the same red banner at the top talking about the "cyber incident". https://shop.jeppesen.com/ I don't get any response when sending a message via Jepps "Contact Us" page. Surely Jepp could update the red banner to provide more information and expectations.

They seem to be very forthcoming. /sarc

Still spotty. NOTAMs are back up (including in ForeFlight) but they sent around a notice basically saying "Technically, you don't need the next update to be in regulatory compliance". I was able to get new Jepps on ForeFlight today, but JDM still didn't work.

Pretty stinking pathetic that they've been down this long.

Hmmm. Still having trouble now, and their web site still has the big red banner about it.

And today, everything seems to be back up and the banner disappeared from Jepp's web site.

I hope they learned something.

I was able to log into my Jeppesen account today and make a change to my subscription, then download new data. I call that progress.

- Martin

Back