I've had it with parts shipping

You've evidently never been in business, which is the reason I asked you to either contribute something or butt out. Any damfool can write a bad review, whether or not they have a legitimate beef or not. Any damfool can quote that review without checking the facts, and you just proved that.

You seem to have some sort of burr under your saddle that I charge $29 for enough material to make 6 VHF antennas for a plastic airplane and charge damned close to actual USPS Priority Mail rates. That's a little less than $5 an antenna, $6 with postage. And no shipping or handling if you want to come to the airport and pick it up. Perhaps you have a source that sells them for less. Perhaps you've spent three months of your life testing dozens of ferrite mixes and antenna element widths to insure that the band edge VSWR is below any other antenna on the market. Perhaps you even know what VSWR is. I have my personal doubts about these last three suppositions.

This is a small company. See the little avatar to the left? These two folks ARE the company, no hired help, no subs. We pump out somewhere between 20 and 30 orders a month, and have done so since 1973. That's a little over 10,000 orders. Have we screwed up and lost an order or two in 43 years? You bet your sweet hiney we have. Have we made an honest attempt to correct the problem once we found it? Bet your hiney again. But in 10,000 people are there two or three b@$+@rd$ that we couldn't please if we took twenty lashes apiece? Yup. Just like the two or three b@$+@rd$ in these forums who find it necessary to spread hate and discontent without having a legitimate reason for doing so.

Find one ... just ONE ... person that we've taken money from without delivering product OR refund within 24 hours of request and I'll accept your criticism as accurate. Until then, I'll ask you once again nicely ... butt out unless you've got something constructive to add.

Jim
Dude! I just noticed that you're RST. What ever happened to the Audio Panel kits? Dad had one and just loved it, My Uncle had one and swears by it, I have one, with an issue in the intercom circuit, but no big deal , I just gotta take time to fix it. :)

Gee, I looked at the RST Engineering web site and I'm thinking about ordering one of the ground antenna kits. Build it up for 2 meter amateur radio and see how it compares with my 25 year old J pole. Looks like a fun little project.

N6TPT

Back