It's Gone

Re: It's Gone... Will you go back?

lancefisher said:
I'm wondering how many folks here think they will go back to the "new and improved" AOPA webboard when it comes up?

If you return would you regularly participate in both POA and AOPA?

Until it was shut down, I was visiting both (except for AOPA/Hangar Talk), but you can use up a lot of time on just one of the boards, so I may not particpate much over there. OTOH, I'm interested to see how "friendly" the new version is and I hate to see the potential newbies that continually crop up at AOPA abandoned.

I plan on both as free time permits.
POA has all the old webboard regulars and it's a nice happy world over here. I like it here. It's comfortable.
AOPA has the well known organization and it's supply of new posters that for the most part are great people often in need of help and encouragement from those of us who have been around the pattern a few times. I want to be there for the stupid and brilliant questions cause I always learn something and they do too.
And yes, I know POA is getting attention that can bring others in via webcrawlers and word of mouth/keyboard but AOPA is kind of a direct connection to those new pilots who have no clue yet and don't know where to turn but know about AOPA since it's been around forever and is common knowledge. It's kind of a case of Beavers being way cool planes but CE172's are absolutely everywhere to the point that some places it's nearly the only plane on the ramp.

Re: It's Gone... Will you go back?

fgcason said:
And yes, I know POA is getting attention that can bring others in via webcrawlers and word of mouth/keyboard but AOPA is kind of a direct connection to those new pilots who have no clue yet and don't know where to turn but know about AOPA since it's been around forever and is common knowledge. It's kind of a case of Beavers being way cool planes but CE172's are absolutely everywhere to the point that some places it's nearly the only plane on the ramp.

I stopped going to AOPA months ago, and don't particularly have any desire to go back, except for the connection to new gal pilots. It would be very difficult for a female student to find Babes and Airplanes on her own.

Back