It's Gone

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
As of 30 seconds ago, the AOPA webboard was disconnected from life support.

Sorry, I did not see who posted the last message, I was clicking the mouse button to stop the WebBoard. I will try to post updates on what will happen when we come back up, but it depends on what I am allowed to say. See you all in a few weeks.

The hamster can finally relax (at least for a little while).
Robert

Robert said:
Sorry, I did not see who posted the last message,

I posted a message that had a time stamp of 5pm, the board appeared to be available for about another 10 or 15 seconds after that.

Does the last poster get an AOPA hat?

I ask as I lost my last AOPA hat, the headband on my Mooney hat broke and I ran over my Maule hat with the lawn mower.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
I ask as I lost my last AOPA hat, the headband on my Mooney hat broke and I ran over my Maule hat with the lawn mower.

Len

Len, maybe you better stay on the ground until this streak of your passes.

Len Lanetti said:
I posted a message that had a time stamp of 5pm, the board appeared to be available for about another 10 or 15 seconds after that.

Does the last poster get an AOPA hat?

Len
You need a PoA hat!

Thanks, Robert, for keeping us informed! We all look forward to news about how the remodeling is coming along. :)

Robert said:
Sorry, I did not see who posted the last message, I was clicking the mouse button to stop the WebBoard. I will try to post updates on what will happen when we come back up, but it depends on what I am allowed to say. See you all in a few weeks.

The hamster can finally relax (at least for a little while).
Robert

Some one who has the forum E-Mailed to them knows.. :)

Incidentally .. the AOPA chat server is still operating if you
have mIRC or Pirch to access it:

65.125.13.143 Port 6667

I don't know if they'll kill that too when they figure out
it's still operating.

Quite often there's someone there about 8pm central.

Richard said:
Len, maybe you better stay on the ground until this streak of your passes.

Richard,

Last Thursday was the first time I was up in a GA aircraft since last October...enough penance. New engine should be in and the plane ready any day now.

:<)

Len

Ken Ibold said:
You need a PoA hat!

Ken,

I forgot all about my PoA hat that I got right after joining the forum. Thanks for reminding me. ;<)

Len

NC19143 said:
Some one who has the forum E-Mailed to them knows.. :)

Wouldn't you know it?! I went in and unsubscribed to the mailing lists. I didn't even think about getting the last post by email. :(

Carol said:
Wouldn't you know it?! I went in and unsubscribed to the mailing lists. I didn't even think about getting the last post by email. :(
Hey, I was still subscribed! The last email I got was Len's (timed at 5:00) about the fish. I didn't understand the fish part though. :)

The next to last email was from Beth (at 4:59), I understood that one. ;)

Diana said:
Hey, I was still subscribed! The last email I got was Len's (timed at 5:00) about the fish. I didn't understand the fish part though. :)

The next to last email was from Beth (at 4:59), I understood that one. ;)

Did he say something like "So long and thanks for all the fish"?

Diana said:
Yes! How did you know?

I was going to write that myself.

It's from "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" trilogy. (Four books in the trilogy) :) Written by the late Douglass Adams

Carol said:
I was going to write that myself.

It's from "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" trilogy. (Four books in the trilogy) :) Written by the late Douglass Adams

So, what does it mean?

It was interesting today looking at all the people who were online at the end. Like we were all watching the end of an era.

Diana said:
So, what does it mean?

:eek:

Diana, I am shocked that you haven't read the HHG. You really need to get those books and read them. They're really weird but it's a kind of right of passage thing. Scary bit is that they actually make sense after a while.

Long story short and without giving way the plot in the least: It was the dolphin's last message to the Earth.

Very appropriate in context and delivery as we all said goodbye to the webboard.

Diana said:
It was interesting today looking at all the people who were online at the end. Like we were all watching the end of an era.

It was. I missed the end by about 3 minutes. :(

Any chance you still have that message? It should go in the archives.

BillG said:
It was the end of an era - definitely...

Bill

Yep.

The self-made wing-deicing kit
Lady Malibu (whom I believe you outed, Bill)
Air Dead Guy

What else?

fgcason said:
Long story short and without giving way the plot in the least: It was the dolphin's last message to the Earth.

Very appropriate in context and delivery as we all said goodbye to the webboard.

It was. I missed the end by about 3 minutes. :(

Very appropriate. Diana, if you still have that would you email it to me?

RogerT said:
Incidentally .. the AOPA chat server is still operating if you
have mIRC or Pirch to access it:

65.125.13.143 Port 6667

I don't know if they'll kill that too when they figure out
it's still operating.

Quite often there's someone there about 8pm central.

Trillian will connect to it, but I need to know what "channel" name to join... Do you know?

Troy

Troy Whistman said:
Trillian will connect to it, but I need to know what "channel" name to join... Do you know?

Troy

channel is usually #hangartalk

Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters
...the effect of which were like getting hit in the face with a gold brick wrapped with a lemon. :martini:
(not a direct quote but close)

fgcason said:

Diana, I am shocked that you haven't read the HHG. You really need to get those books and read them.

Ok. Will do. :)

fgcason said:

Yes, I do. Do we have archives? Where do I put it?

gibbons said:
Brilliant stuff. I mean, a four book trilogy.....

You gotta love it.

Chip

Hey, have you got those books? Can I borrow them?

Diana said:
Yes! How did you know?

That was exactly the right post.

Douglass Adams. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Good call, Len! :yes:

Carol said:
Yep.

The self-made wing-deicing kit
Lady Malibu (whom I believe you outed, Bill)
Air Dead Guy

What else?

Legs. Who can forget Ron's legs? (part of LM, but a classic in and of itself).

And Karin's windsock calibration....

Wish some of those had been saved.

AOPA Webboard, R.I.P. :cheerio:

I need another book to read when I am at FBO's. Does anyone know if you can still buy those at Barns and Nobel or some where like that?

Brent

Troy Whistman said:

Troy

Just do a /list and see what channels are there and if there's
anyone in them.

Carol said:
Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters
...the effect of which were like getting hit in the face with a gold brick wrapped with a lemon. :martini:
(not a direct quote but close)
The giant yellow vogon space constructor ships hung in the sky exactly in the way that bricks don't.

Diana said:
Yes! How did you know?

Carol's been reading my posts too long. :<)

Len

P.S. There is a new "Hitchhiker's..." movie about to be released. The trailers look great. - LL

Brent Bradford said:
I need another book to read when I am at FBO's. Does anyone know if you can still buy those at Barns and Nobel or some where like that?

Brent

Of course you can... I recommend the complete and unabridged version.

Missa
-Mostly Harmless.

Back