It's cold.....brrrrrr

Which means it's time, once again, for the Colorado POA Randomly Annual, Deep Freeze BBQ at Clark's hangar!
Cool. I mean cold! I think Clark said he was going to BBQ some fish pizza in another thread.

Cool. I mean cold! I think Clark said he was going to BBQ some fish pizza in another thread.

Darn good idea - medical renewed today so it's time to seek various seafood & BBQ delivery vectors.

I hate it when I get ice buildup on my caliper. ;)

Drive home from rewiring the server room at work last night at midnight ranged from -6F to -13F in the river bottom near the house.

Diesel started right up at -6F. As long as the batteries aren't weak, the Dodge/Cummins grid heater thing in the intake works amazingly well.

It's a balmy 23F now.

Official low of -2 or -3 for this date in the early 1900s was shattered out at DIA. -13F I believe.

One more year for Al Gore's prediction that the poles will melt to come true.

ee820cd4ff9e930c1508580f0b17e048.jpg

I predict having all this unused cable removed from the patch bay will make my life easier, in 2015.

Just switching out to blue cable should help :eek: all that orange would drive me nuts.

Just switching out to blue cable should help :eek: all that orange would drive me nuts.

Orange for data patches, blue for voice, white for analog voice, red for critical servers or network connections, blue in the server cab for backup network. Grey for T1.

I didn't come up with it. In place before I got here. ;)

It's so cold outside....

I saw one of the local ganstas pull his pants up.

My testicles have become ovaries.

Spike has his hands in his own pockets. (lawyer reference)

HOW COLD IS IT?

Degrees Celsius

+25 Aussies put on sweaters (if they can find one in their wardrobe)
(technically, they call it a jumper, which explains why they can't
find a "sweater")

+20 Miami residents turn on the heat

+10 You can see your breath
Vancouverites shiver uncontrollably

+5 Italian cars don't start

0 Water freezes

-5 Maritimers put on T-shirts
Politicians begin to worry about the homeless
British cars don't start

-10 Toronto water freezes
Vancouverites weep pitiably
Manitobans eat ice cream on the patio
Maritimers go swimming

-15 You can hear your breath
Politicians begin to talk about the homeless
Montreal water freezes

-20 French cars don't start
You plan a vacation in Mexico
Cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you

-25 Too cold to ski
Manitobans do up the top button
You need jumper cables to get the car going

-30 American cars don't start
Yukoners put on T-shirts
Too cold to skate

-35 German cars don't start
Eyes freeze shut when you blink
You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo
Newfoundlanders stick tongue on metal objects
Miami residents cease to exist

-40 Cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you
Politicians actually do something about the homeless
Ottawans shovel snow off roof
Japanese cars don't start

-45 Too cold to think
You need jumper cables to get the driver going

-50 You plan a two week hot bath (if you could only thaw the water)
The St Lawrence freezes over
Swedish cars don't start

-55 Vancouverites disappear
Maritimers put on sweaters
Other Canadians put on overcoats
Your car helps you plan your trip South, but won't start

-60 Parliamentary hot air freezes
Yukoners close the bathroom window

-70 Hell freezes over
Polar bears move south

Looks like the float season is about to be kaput.

But snowboarding seasons is starting:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 35
HOW COLD IS IT?

Degrees Celsius

-25 Too cold to ski
Manitobans do up the top button
You need jumper cables to get the car going

I remember skiing once in high school when the high in the nearest town was -21 F (-29.5C) About a 300 vertical foot yo-yo hill with a T-bar. You'd take a run and go into the lodge to thaw out. Go take another run and head for the lodge. I will never do anything so stupid again in my life (and keep in mind, this was the winter of 1968-69). So, -25C is too cold to ski? I couldn't agree more.

Mid 70s in AZ and I'm wearing Shorts and my pool is being built. Lets go swimming.

Days like early this week in Colorado I wonder why I sold Dad's house in Phoenix after he died. I tried to rent it, but no one wanted a year-long lease, just the winter months (snowbirds) which meant leaving it empty 6-7 months of the year. Why did I sell it?

May. June. July. August. And a little of September. It's why he spent 3 months of the summer with me in Denver.

Tues & Wed were horrible here. Today? sunny, no wind, great day to fly, snow melting fast. This week is probably the worst we'll see for the rest of the season. Yes, more snow but not the record setting -13f with windchill of -31f.

Al Gore starts shouting the world is going to burn up from Global warming...:rolleyes:

Do you ever wonder why americans always think that less than 1.5% of the earth's surface constitutes the entire world?

Or why...
d6921d76269ac5aa49ef3a7931a127d3a553108cfd09d711b8dd47dfa6926806.jpg

We started our wood burner Wed evening, over 2 weeks earlier than Dec 1, 2013 start up. It is so cozy. The wife and kids can hardly wait to get home. We use the heat pumps for the 45F+ days. Outside temp high today was 33F. The low last night was 22F and it is supposed to be colder tonight. Stay warm!

High 20's this morning here, had some ice around the edges of the coy pond out back. Looks like high teens and snow tomorrow. Leave on the 1st for Nizhny, and I'm quite sure it will be no warmer.

Drove to the grocery store this morning. Noticed the local pond had frozen over and all the Canada geese were walking around next to it looking ******.

It's been getting down to ~ -6C in the mornings now. There was more snow last night, and the roads were a bit icy this morning. They're predicting a good accumulating snowfall early next week, Monday afternoon or thereabouts.

Winter is here in VT.

Down in CT, a few trees still had some color. But it was definitely wintrily (if there is such a word) cold.

7F last night and drove home from the range in near-whiteout conditions, one little car in the ditch and the Sheriff had just gotten there. 5-6" of snow on the ground this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's awful is to realize that winter is still supposedly more than one month in the future.

--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Van's RV-8A N14EG
http://www.AmeliasLanding.com
(2014 was our 32nd consecutive year at OSH!)

I like when Winter hits. Breaks the monotony and makes me feel alive. Usually, the next day, I'm ready for Spring.

I flew yesterday. Temps were hovering around freezing. Density altitude was a -1500' (ish).

Great flying.

When I was logging the flight I realized that it'd been three weeks since I'd flown. That's a long break for me. Last time was lunch in Indy. It was a beautiful mid 70's day as we lunched on the outside patio at Rick's.

What a difference three weeks makes!

I love it though.

Last edited:
mid-way through spring here. This is the time of year that all small sea creatures run and hide, my youngest daughter is on the prowl every day after school. She has already asked for a harpoon gun for Christmas, we're going to draw the line there.

Attachments

• sea urchin sm.JPG
    sea urchin sm.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 16
Mary and I haven't flown since October 22nd, due mostly to life but now due to 8 straight days of crap weather. Today the sun is finally shining, but the wind is gusting to 30, and it's a 50-degree x-wind.

This is the longest we've been grounded in years. I'm getting twitchy.

Mary and I haven't flown since October 22nd, due mostly to life but now due to 8 straight days of crap weather. Today the sun is finally shining, but the wind is gusting to 30, and it's a 50-degree x-wind.

This is the longest we've been grounded in years. I'm getting twitchy.

Jay, I finally got to fly with my PFX. WOW is it ever quiet. I didn't play with the add on settings (short flight) but I was very impressed with performance. And for the hour each way flight, very comfortable.

We had our first snow Saturday night. Low temps in the mid teens last night. Bright blue skies today. About 75 degrees right now, unless I go outside. Then it is 32.

From the high desert of New Mexico (not really new, not really mexico)

High teens here at 1700 today on my way home from the office. Strong winds all evening, blowing snow. Down to 12 now. No accumulation but pretty cold for so early in November.

Low 20s last night and tonight. Coming pretty early this year in Atlanta.

My A/C was on literally 5 days ago and now the heater is blasting away.

Fall in Texas lasted almost a week.:)
My A/C was on yesterday noon and the heater came on at midnight.

11dF here this morning at 5am when I got up. Furnace was still on night setback (65dF). House was still at 68dF thanks to my brick-o-lator fireplace.

The furnace came on once or twice this morning to bring the house off of night setback (up to 70dF) and then to supplement during the coldest part of the morning. Otherwise the fireplace has it handled. :thumbsup:

Back