It looks like I'm not flying.....

I've logged only 2.1 hrs since my solo Nov 10th. 1.6 flying down to Provo for my first towered airport experience and .5 that I was able to sneak in a few trips around the pattern.

Seriously jonesing for some body-earth separation.

We can fly year round just about everyday down here! :D

But, not today, thunderstorms and rain over most of Alabama. :(

Last edited:
Same here... life sucks...am going back to bed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Icky. Winter blows.

You say that as though the other seasons are much better.

Summer has thunderstorms in the afternoons and thick haze during the day that frequently limits visibility to 5 miles or less. Spring can be almost a complete washout. Fall can just be dreary with low clouds.

SW Tx, expecting BLDU & 40+kts of wind. Warm tho, going outside to get some work done now before it hits.

Is this like the old greeting card, "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful"?

Nice enough weather here. Just need to finish up some little mx projects. I work slowly.

Flight Review was rescheduled to Monday, so I'll be gaining altitude soon.

I repeat....why did I sell Dad's house in Phoenix?

Oh, right.

May, June, July, August....

Nasty in the SE today too. No flying for me. :(

We can fly year round just about everyday down here! :D

But, not today, thunderstorms and rain over most of Alabama. :(

Maybe if you're instrument rated. I'm not too far from you and I can't tell you how many times I'd had to cancel lessons in the winter and early spring,

Seems like the only nice flying days we've had in weeks have been during the week when I'm at work...:eek: Stealing away form work for an hour or two is seems real appealing...

Broken at 10,000 here. If there aren't 10-foot snow drifts across the runway and I can get the plane out of the hangar, maybe I'll have to go flying this afternoon just so you don't all feel so bad about being stuck on the ground.

I just finished shoveling the back porch and sidewalk. I walk in the house and the roof dumped it all on my nice bare sidewalk.....:(

I would fly today if I had to, so otherwise I will sit and wait for the melt that will provide us with a week of mud.

I went up Tuesday, but since then we've had two decent rainstorms in SoCal...and the third, strongest storm is due tomorrow.

But on the plus side, it is putting a dent in the drought.

I hope some storms coincide with the annual next month...a good rainy day project! :D

It's quit raining and is VFR, for now. I don't think it will remain that way for long. If you have your own aircraft, and you have some schedule flexibility, you can get in more hours than if your workweek is fixed and you have to schedule the airplane, or worse, schedule the instructor and the airplane.

It's quit raining and is VFR, for now. I don't think it will remain that way for long. If you have your own aircraft, and you have some schedule flexibility, you can get in more hours than if your workweek is fixed and you have to schedule the airplane, or worse, schedule the instructor and the airplane.
My situation exactly, now that's it's worming up in this winter Wonderland, instructor and plane is getting busy, silver lining... there is Feb ahead and single digits or -ve temperature coming soon... don't see a whole lot of people too excited about preflight in -10 other than few people like me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got to fly when the weather opened up south of Houston today. That was good news. However, the CDI for the Garmin 430 (non-waas) is showing full down and full right deflection as soon as the GNS 430 powers on. Everything I've found says that means the GNS 430 will need to go to Garmin.

I'd say that's bad news but when I told my wife she said that if I have to send it in anyway I might as well do the WAAS upgrade and AddsB install we've been talking about. I hadn't planned on spending the money yet but that sounds like it might be a good idea. Now I have to decide between the waas updgrade for the 430 or an avidine

Gary

TAF last night was calling for garbage weather. Woke up to sunny skies. Go figure. Was able to help out a last minute PnP flight from KSET to KJOT. Added those 2 new airports to my logbook. Oh, and with the big tailwind I hit 160 knots groundspeed in my Archer. :D

P.S. @korben88 I think my sister's house in Highland got 7 inches. Sister in Draper got 6 inches. Brother in Logan maybe 2. For some reason it was 58 in Illinois in January.

News says Ms got tornadoes recently.

Yep, that blew into Alabama last night . . . Tornado warning announcement on the cell phone woke us up this morning before 0600. Then while I was in the shower, the tornado sirens started hooting. They sounded off several times. Winds were up to 60 mph. The warnings finally expired at 0945. After lunch we had blue skies and sunshine and high 70° temps. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be a repeat of this morning, plus hail . . .

But I did get out to the airport and almost finished the annual that we started yesterday. I began taking off inspection panels Tuesday evening after work. Hope to make the post-maintenance flight after lunch.

Fog and low ceiling in lower Michigan too. Very warm though (~ 48 F) and we saw some blue sky too for a very short time...

Perfect day to work on the RV... :D

News says Ms got tornadoes recently.

Yeah south MS did..killed 4! We had some storms last night but it cleared out and became an absolutely beautiful day..

However, as I type this now, it is getting nasty outside. Think it's going to be another bad night. But should clear up by afternoon.

Less than 1/4 mile vis from fog here for the last two days, and its forecast to stay this way until at least Tuesday. Apparently it was so foggy for so long the Packers had to take a bus to KMKE to fly to their playoff game, the charter plane couldn't get in to KGRB.

Tomorrow looks kinda spiffy. I think I know what I'll be doing.

0c89f3ca857d9960da50d24f68c68cdd.png

Less than 1/4 mile vis from fog here for the last two days, and its forecast to stay this way until at least Tuesday. Apparently it was so foggy for so long the Packers had to take a bus to KMKE to fly to their playoff game, the charter plane couldn't get in to KGRB.
Sucks for them...Go Falcon's :)

Yep, woke up to blue sky. By the time I was able to make it to the hangar it was clouded over, but ceiling & viz was plenty good.
1/21/17 13:51 S 13 10.00 Overcast OVC250 62 51 67% 29.68

I flew under a line of green to dark green that produced a few raindrops on my windscreen but nothing on the ground. Landed at a narrower runway and was reminded it had been 3 weeks since the WX gods had granted my wish. In an abundance of caution I went over to a 12000 x 150' runway for a tng so I was assured of getting down in time. IMG_5444.JPG

Fog and low visibility (0.25 miles) here and TAFs predict that IFR conditions will continue the entire day... :(

Forget IMC. It is gorgeous VMC here today.
But I still ain't flyin'.
28G40
NOT going up in that! And I haven't heard a single airplane all morning.

Back