It just doesn't get more stupid...

There is no cure for stupid! I can't understand what gets into the minds of some of these idiots.

A couple years ago I was sitting at a red light and got blasted by a laser in my rear view mirror. 3 kids in the car behind me, the one in the middle of the backseat doesn't know how close he came... hopefully they got the message and never did that again.

He should know better. This may not look good on his job application.

I was on a commercial flight some years ago and there were two kids sitting in the row behind thetir parents and they were shining a laser all over the cabin of the aircraft. I rang for the flight attendant and the laser pointer went away rather quickly. I think she confiscated it.

Shoot him! :yes:

OK, maybe not that but deport his arse! :yesnod:

These actions have to be taken more seriously for this illegal and disruption of commercial flight.

The article says he is was a student pilot at ATP. :mad2:

Rich

I got hit by a green light laser while driving on a 4 lane out in the country. (Sort of highway, but it had red lights every once in a while.) I saw who did it. It was a teenage boy in the passenger seat with his mom driving. I called 911, and followed until the cop caught up and pulled them over. The kid's mom was ****ED at him. :)

When I read the title, I guessed what it was about. This happened here in my home town. Just a few nights earlier I was downtown for a New Years celebration and they were selling those green light lasers all over the place. I told Leslie that we would probably be seeing incidents like this in the next few days. I just never thought it would be a kid from the local ATP school.

I got hit twice by green lasers, not exactly the end if the world, but very annoying.
Think the second hit was one of those laser Xmas light setups.

I'd just quit wasting tax dollars on him, deport him to wherever, bye bye.

I don't see how him being a student with atp is relevant. He was/is a student pilot who should have known better but it's not like they gave him the laser pointer. If it was a mom and pop place I'm guessing no one would have mentioned it. I'm not defending atp. I went there, I know how they operate and wouldn't do it again but that's a common sense thing that dumb ass clearly didn't figure out

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I don't see how him being a student with atp is relevant. He was/is a student pilot who should have known better but it's not like they gave him the laser pointer. If it was a mom and pop place I'm guessing no one would have mentioned it. I'm not defending atp. I went there, I know how they operate and wouldn't do it again but that's a common sense thing that dumb ass clearly didn't figure out

I didn't mean it to be a reflection on ATP. But the fact that a student pilot from ANY school would do such a thing is incredible.

Yeah the whole "student pilot" thing just makes him even dumber. Why even bring that up?

I didn't mean it to be a reflection on ATP. But the fact that a student pilot from ANY school would do such a thing is incredible.
That was directed at you. There was somrone else that mentioned it as of course it was atps fault.

I got zapped by a green laser on arrival into MSP a few weeks ago. It's disconcerting. We reported location to ATC.

Sheesh at least it wasn't a drone. Or a kite.

We should set up a registry for lasers in the interests of public...oh wait sorry...wrong thread. :) Seriously though what a dumbass.

Yeah, my point about just how stupid this was is because it was a guy establishing a path to become a professional pilot.

He's a genius, melting the eyeballs of his competition.:rolleyes2:

I got hit twice by green lasers, not exactly the end if the world, but very annoying.
Think the second hit was one of those laser Xmas light setups.
We flew on Southwest Airlines Christmas Eve from Portland to Phoenix. As I am wont to do on such flights, I was staring out the window trying to identify cities and towns in the dark below by the pattern of lights and nearby airports.

Dozens of times I noticed green flashes from random locations that looked exactly like flashes from an airport beacon, but subsequent white or green flashes were never seen from the same location. I don't recall seeing anything at night quite like that, and finally figured that it must be some kind of new-fangled holiday display light.

If they were lasers they didn't seem excessively bright or dangerous, except for the confusion they might cause someone looking for an airport beacon.

Back