It appears Cirrus is already updating the Vision Jet

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by FloridaPilot, Jan 8, 2019.

  1. RudyP

    RudyP Line Up and Wait

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    Messages:
    810
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    RudyP
    Agree with most of what you say - including that comparisons between new and used options are fine for someone looking at their next step (as I pointed out, I’m likely to buy a used C510 rather than a new SF50). However, at an overall airframe A vs airframe B level, it is apples and oranges to compare one new vs. one used. And yes, I get that you can’t compare a used G2 SF50 since those don’t exist yet but they will in time. Comparing that way, you can easily pick apart any new plane as being slower, smaller and more expensive than some used alternative (why would anyone buy a new Skyhawk for $350k when you can buy a used SR22 for that price, a new SR22T at $700k vs. a used Meridian, a new PC12 vs. a used king air, etc)
     
    Tantalum and TheGolfPilot like this.
  2. Shepherd

    Shepherd En-Route

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2012
    Messages:
    3,530
    Location:
    Hopewell Jct, NY
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Shepherd
    PSSSST!
    Don't pull the 'chute on the G1.
    Pass it on.

    They are trying to be creative, and I wish them success.
     
  3. Mtns2Skies

    Mtns2Skies Super Moderator Management Council Member PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,105
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Mtns2Skies
    AOPA Live did a nice feature on the updates to the Vision Jet. @TomHaines got to fly it again too.
     
  4. eman1200

    eman1200 Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2013
    Messages:
    10,603
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    eman1200
    Wait a minute......did @mulligan decide on one? Too soon?
     
    CC268 likes this.
  5. tspear

    tspear Pattern Altitude PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2010
    Messages:
    1,672
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Timothy
    Cirrus really does a good job on marketing:
     
    Ted DuPuis and CC268 like this.
  6. jordane93

    jordane93 Final Approach

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2013
    Messages:
    8,680
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Jordan
    We have one at our flight school as a lease back. The owner just took delivery last month.
     
  7. hindsight2020

    hindsight2020 En-Route

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    Messages:
    3,402
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    hindsight2020
    I wonder what kind of market leasebacking a freggin SF50 would have. I can't imagine the insurance costs and market volume alone would be enough to turn a profit, let alone make "paper ownership" of the thing worth your while. You know when they say "I didn't buy this thing to go slow", try "I didn't buy this thing to wait behind a renter for my own airliner....". :D
     
  8. jordane93

    jordane93 Final Approach

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2013
    Messages:
    8,680
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Jordan
    *tax write off* It’s going to be used 99% for owner flights. The other 1% is for demo flights.
     
    TheGolfPilot and MetalCloud like this.
  9. EminiTrader

    EminiTrader Cleared for Takeoff

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1,059
    Location:
    JAX
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Emini Trader
    I start my SF50 type rating in two weeks! Can’t wait to fly it. Ill post pics if anyone wants me too.
     
  10. mulligan

    mulligan Cleared for Takeoff

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2015
    Messages:
    1,265
    Location:
    Birmingham, AL
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Mulligan
    Nope - Mulligan got the G2. Mulligan goes for panel training March 14-15 and type training March 18th-29th.

    Delivery will not be until May but Cirrus was very flexible in allowing me to get my training done early due to schedule conflicts.
     
  11. kyleb

    kyleb En-Route

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4,074
    Location:
    Marietta, GA
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Drake the Outlaw
    There's one here for rent for ~$1400/hr, wet. I don't have that kind of money to toss around, but if I did, renting would be a much better deal than owning, IMO.