It’s nice to know my pee is going somewhere tonight...

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
...and will be delivered in the morning. Isn’t society grand? We have to examine pee...

Just remember, it can take up to 30 days for that stuff to clear your system.

You're not tangling with the HIMS docs are ya?

If you’d be so kind as to not pass and ask to talk to a Doc, or just call to see what your options are, you’d be probably talking to my employer and paying my bills. :)

But I’m guessing you won’t be calling. :)

The people that do call though... wow. Just wow.

He looked at me and said, "Son, we don't like your kind and we're going to send your urine off to Washington."
And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little jar is a study in yellow of my pee.

He looked at me and said, "Son, we don't like your kind and we're going to send your urine off to Washington."
And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little jar is a study in yellow of my pee.
Sounds like Ron White and his Tater Salad story.

Can we merge this thread with Nate's poo thread? Seems like they'd go well together.

I got tagged for a random drug test last night. Nothing like being all geared up to head home and watch a ball game, just to be waylaid on the jetbridge by a grinning troll holding a clipboard.

I got tagged for a random drug test last night. Nothing like being all geared up to head home and watch a ball game, just to be waylaid on the jetbridge by a grinning troll holding a clipboard.

Paid to pee, what a country!

2888CFA0-A2B2-4471-A434-ADB0FC7242D7.jpeg

'...Anything you want, excepting Alice'

NurseRatched.jpg

I once did a very intensive in-depth 10 minute research project on random drug testing. My thesis shows that it is done in alphabetical order. My last name starts with "A" so I am always the one that gets a random. In the last 20 years I have been randomly selected 9 times.

Actually the last time I was the chosen one I asked the person collecting the sample if everyone that is called does their last name start with an A or a B. She looked in her records and told me that just about half of her randoms in her 2 year file has a last name starts with A or B.

I was assured that she did not violate the HIPAA Act.

Flying for a living does have its interesting side.....:lol::lol:

Done right it's five minutes and you're on your way. Done wrong and it is just a mess. We used to test at crew change so 25 folks got to pee and have bags searched before heading to the rig and then 25 folks got searched and peed before leaving the heliport plus dogs sniffing the rig. Crew change went from a couple hours to half a day. As a staff member temporarily assigned crew duties I'd wait to be the last pee test. It wasn't much fun.

I've found the best use of pee is to kill poison ivy. Takes a couple of treatments.

If you think about, just about every drop of H2O we humans consume has, at least one time, passed through a whale's kidney.

Last edited:
Done right it's five minutes and you're on your way. Done wrong and it is just a mess. We used to test at crew change so 25 folks got to pee and have bags searched before heading to the rig and then 25 folks got searched and peed before leaving the heliport plus dogs sniffing the rig. Crew change went from a couple hours to half a day. As a staff member temporarily assigned crew duties I'd wait to be the last pee test. It wasn't much fun.

Oh wow - 25 at a time. I can see that being a PITA! I've never seen more than one person get snagged at once, so it's usually just me down at the 'lab'. The walk to and from the testing location in the airport takes up most of the time. Don't have a lot of data points though - I think this was only my fourth random screening in 13 years of being employed under a drug program.

Got tagged a few times at the airline. Ours was always done after our last flight of the trip, so no pay. :mad:

It's always my last flight too, but at my latest employer we're given 15 minutes of pay whenever it happens. I always feel bad for the pilot or FA that's trying to catch a tight commute and gets tagged - especially if it's the last flight home. Another night at the crashpad/hotel because of a drug test....f*%$!

Oh wow - 25 at a time. I can see that being a PITA! I've never seen more than one person get snagged at once, so it's usually just me down at the 'lab'. The walk to and from the testing location in the airport takes up most of the time. Don't have a lot of data points though - I think this was only my fourth random screening in 13 years of being employed under a drug program.

It's always my last flight too, but at my latest employer we're given 15 minutes of pay whenever it happens. I always feel bad for the pilot or FA that's trying to catch a tight commute and gets tagged - especially if it's the last flight home. Another night at the crashpad/hotel because of a drug test....f*%$!

Yeah that was my biggest concern, missing my commute home. But the guy was very nice, and always had me on my way quickly.

Got tagged a few times at the airline. Ours was always done after our last flight of the trip, so no pay. :mad:

One time in Kotzebue, there was no one available in town to do the pee test. So I had to catch the one flight to Barrow where the test would be. Ok, so no flights back to Kotz that day, so I jump seated on Alaska Airlines to Anchorage, did a little shopping, shipped some food and alcohol to myself, then jump seated the last flight to Kotz.

Left Kotzebue at 9am, and returned to Kotz at about 9pm. All for one cup of pee. And no pay.

I had to pee in a cup to get my job at Intel in 1995. That was it. Once you were employed I guess it didn't matter. Oh well...

When I was civil service, I got the call 5 times in 6 months, I told the examiner that 5 times in 6 months was not a random selection, If I get called again, I'll lodge a protest. I never got a call again in 12 years.

Back