Is there such a thing as a 90 or 45 degree jack plug?

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Here's my issue. I have these of my rear side panels for my Cherokee.

10-01595.jpg

As mounted as shown, they were preventing me from lifting up the rear seat platform all the way to service battery, inspect cables, etc. So, I installed them the other way around (an inie instead of an outie) and now the problem I have is that none of my headset jacks will fit because the plug is too long to insert into the jack. The only headset that will fit is an old Telex with shorter (and not as beefy) plugs. If someone thinks this is the fix:

11-01140.jpg

It is the above mount turned upside down (which is what I did in the first place) with an added bracket of some sort. Admittedly, I don't fly around much with a human in the back seat but if I do again, I'd like them to be able to join in in conversation.

You can't shim it so that the jack is angled outward just a bit more?

Here's my issue. I have these of my rear side panels for my Cherokee.

10-01595.jpg

As mounted as shown, they were preventing me from lifting up the rear seat platform all the way to service battery, inspect cables, etc. So, I installed them the other way around (an inie instead of an outie) and now the problem I have is that none of my headset jacks will fit because the plug is too long to insert into the jack. The only headset that will fit is an old Telex with shorter (and not as beefy) plugs. If someone thinks this is the fix:

11-01140.jpg

It is the above mount turned upside down (which is what I did in the first place) with an added bracket of some sort. Admittedly, I don't fly around much with a human in the back seat but if I do again, I'd like them to be able to join in in conversation.

Ha I don’t have a solution for you but I feel your pain.

now the problem I have is that none of my headset jacks will fit because the plug is too long to insert into the jack
Maybe lose the plastic and/or fabricate a plate and flush mount the jacks on the plate?

It's metal, not plastic and the side panels are already cut and covered in leather. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have mounted them in the large plastic bulkhead/hat rack but I didn't.

I think what I'll do is insert some bolts, washers and nuts in the holes, place the bolt ends in a vice and attempt to bend it the 3 degrees or so what I need.

Back