Is there a single DIN glovebox

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
Next week I am having an avionics shop move my transponder from the far right side of my dash and place it in the bottom slot of the center stack for easier reach from the left seat. This will leave an opening in the dash on the far right and rather than just putting a plate over it I wanted to know if anyone knows of a glovebox for this? My plane currently has minimal storage and Id like a little glovebox to put the registration and such.

The slot is the size of a transponder.

I thought about that but Id rather just buy one if they make one.

ADF was removed from my plane long ago by the prior owner, and a plate was covering the hole. Removed the plate, and painted the interior of tray black and fit the bottom with non-slip drawer liner. No door. Been a couple years now and have never had anything slide out, even at Vx climb and turbulence. It’s a great spot for passenger phone, wallet, glasses, even 2 water bottles. I keep my IFD keyboard, USB cable, and an aux cord in there full-time.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of a glovebox for this?
FYI: In the past, after cleaning up a panel, have taken surplus radio mount racks, gutted the wires/connector, covered the rack openings with aluminum, and reinstalled with a thin rubber bottom liner for small storage. Pretty much a plug and play option due to the previous radio install. If cosmetics important spray interior flat black and install flange to hide panel cuts. I suppose you can a "door" also but never had a need.

Back