Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was in grad school, Neil Armstrong was a Prof in the Aero Engineering Dept. I once asked him how many yo-yos told him the moon landing was faked. He said there’s at least two in every crowd.
There's an intersection in the Venn diagram of "People who have told Buzz Aldrin the moon landing was faked," and "People who have been face-punched by Buzz Aldrin."

Nauga,
to the moon, Alice.

There's an intersection in the Venn diagram of "People who have told Buzz Aldrin the moon landing was faked," and "People who have been face-punched by Buzz Aldrin."

Nauga,
to the moon, Alice.

Cernan was a family friend and could corroborate that.

Back when I was in grad school, Neil Armstrong was a Prof in the Aero Engineering Dept. I once asked him how many yo-yos told him the moon landing was faked. He said there’s at least two in every crowd.
Lucky dog!!

I love these conversations. "Nah, crop circles were faked to draw attention to the northern hemisphere while the actual alien landing operations were conducted in Australia."

"Pyramids? Not aliens. That part of Africa was initially underwater. The pyramids were built by an underwater species most would call Antlanteans."

"Black Death? First large-scale alien landing. It wiped out so many people because the disease was foreign to Earth."

I just love it. I have so much fun with these people. lol :yesnod:
There comes a point where it stops being fun though.

what I find very interesting about these crazy conspiracies is how educated and successful many of the believers are in day to day life. The pilots I’ve worked with that bought into all of these theories were all exceptionally talented. Not what I would have expected from a flat earth kinda person.

what I find very interesting about these crazy conspiracies is how educated and successful many of the believers are in day to day life. The pilots I’ve worked with that bought into all of these theories were all exceptionally talented. Not what I would have expected from a flat earth kinda person.

there's at least two other topics I can think of that turn ordinary people into absolute bumbling idiots.

I think the root of this kind of crazy is emotional, and has nothing to do with education, logic or reason.

Violence is almost never the solution to a problem. But if someone calls an astronaut, especially an Apollo astronaut, a coward, I think it should be OK to put them in a replica Apollo 1 capsule and see if they have any better luck than Grissom, White, and Chaffee.

When I'm on an interview panel, I always like to ask a candidate to describe a mistake they've made, and how they dealt with it. Believe it or not, there are people walking around that don't think they make any. Whenever something goes wrong, they need to blame something or someone else. From the dark triad thing above, that would sound like a personality disorder. But I think a simpler answer is that they're just not all that bright, and more importantly never had a good teacher or parent to point out to them when they made mistakes. Either way, I'd bet these represent a good percentage of the flat earth people.

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls do you realize some problems can be solved without violence"

That said, I love the Buzz punch video.

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls do you realize some problems can be solved without violence"

That said, I love the Buzz punch video.

Taking your clothes off in a mosquito laden environment is a sign you’re crazy or have poor decision making skills to begin with.

Nauga,
to the moon, Alice.
Which kind of makes me wonder, whatever his merits or shortfalls, would this thread have been a real conversation in a real room where Gryder was sitting?

But I think a simpler answer is that they're just not all that bright, and more importantly never had a good teacher or parent to point out to them when they made mistakes. Either way, I'd bet these represent a good percentage of the flat earth people.
Dunning-Kruger effect

Taking your clothes off in a mosquito laden environment is a sign you’re crazy or have poor decision making skills to begin with.
Shrug. I like the forest and at times have spent a long enough in them to need to release waste and thus expose delicate parts to hungry mosquitoes. I never thought my love of hiking in the forest was a poor decision or crazy behavior.

Probably an obvious counter argument that didn’t need to be stated.

That was my first guess. I'll have to watch it this weekend. Never go full r.....

Flying Doc sez: "After some personal attacks/innuendos or putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22 was enough for me."

I have the same exact opinion about 80% of the accident related postings in this forum. You remove the "personal attacks and innuendo" and what do you have left? Seeing who can "out snark" the other is only fodder for the other like minded sorts.

All of us here for starters. ;)

I dont agree with many things that he says, but he found an empty space and filled it providing content....some useful...some not so much.. and yes some offensive. But everyone is always offended nowadays. So much so that they keep watching him and providing him free advertising on POA.
Yes, bingo. (However I am offended by some of your post :p).

They don't like to be called sovereign citizens anymore, although it's the same delusional narrative.
Correction: I found one case in which a guy actually did call himself a sovereign citizen last year, and it was a doozy! (It was the guy who drove an SUV into a crowd at a parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin.)

Last edited:
And accompanying translations would be helpful.
There is no translation. If there were words to explain his thoughts better he would use them. I strive to someday understand something he has said.

The latest on Gryder. The comments section is astonishing. I don't know how anyone can still respect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back