Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

Might Delta have concern if former employee flying benefits were used to facilitate the pursuit of women for stalking purposes?
I've heard there are rules about profiting from the benefit. Interesting reading regardless.

Huh, you mean to tell me he lost an appeal for stalking and harassment only a few days before he stalked and doxxed another pilot on his YT channel (the episode for which has since been taken down)? That doesn’t seem like a winning strategy.

Sorry, it's (I guess) an inside joke because Youtube didn't like the word "Covid" in videos so people I watched came up with other ways to refer to it. One guy just called it the Beer problem (in reference to Corona).
Those of us of a certain age will remember searching Napster for "megallica"

HOLY CRAP this guy IS nuts. Never heard of the stalking. Anyone have news on the million dollar verdict?

Might Delta have concern if former employee flying benefits were used to facilitate the pursuit of women for stalking purposes?
I've heard there are rules about profiting from the benefit. Interesting reading regardless.

Wow. Answers the question posed by this thread.

And suicide ideation… wow.

Actually, if you read the court doc, he was initially using his benefits to make money off of her (ie in furtherance of a business ) which I do believe is forbidden in it's own right.

Actually, if you read the court doc, he was initially using his benefits to make money off of her (ie in furtherance of a business ) which I do believe is forbidden in it's own right.

Through an intermediary acquaintance, I learned he holds this particular flight benefit in the highest regard, as one of the paramount elements in his life.
It would be regrettable if the airline were to become privy to the contents.

The problem with YT links is that I can't get a clue about the content before clicking. It's why I never click those links.

News sites will frequently have the title of the article in the URL, but YT? Nothing.

I really hate to admit this, but I just read Angelle v. Gryder, 2023 CA 0652 (La. Ct. App. Dec. 27, 2023) and was somewhat amused. I don't want to condemn Dan completely but I just don't think there was a "Love Connection" there!

The answer to the question in the thread title is no. Plenty of others have wider audiences/more subscribers and better content.

I wonder how long it would take for DG to be banned if he joined PoA...

I consider this a personal attack.

From the Rules of Conduct:

Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person, on or off the forum, especially in a personal way. Make your point without calling names or casting aspersions on others.

Warning Title Points Given Expires after
Personal Attack 20 1 year

I consider this a personal attack.

From the Rules of Conduct:

Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person, on or off the forum, especially in a personal way. Make your point without calling names or casting aspersions on others.

Warning Title Points Given Expires after
Personal Attack 20 1 year
I guess once you're a member of the management council that might become relevant.

Then I'd name & shame them on my Itty bitty fledgling youtube channel :biggrin:
Also
1. Always act like you're in a hurry. "Ahhhh I gotta get outta here" &
2. Never miss a chance to work your ****ty attempt at music covers into the videos for no reason. And of course use a banjo, anything else wouldn't be annoying enough.

Also
1. Always act like you're in a hurry. "Ahhhh I gotta get outta here" &
2. Never miss a chance to work your ****ty attempt at music covers into the videos for no reason. And of course use a banjo, anything else wouldn't be annoying enough.
There's always bagpipes.

For anyone who believes anything that comes out of DGs mouth, I offer this excerpt from the appellate court decision on the stalking case:

We agree with the trial court, "This is one of those instances where ... everything [the court is] hearing is totally opposite." Mindful that credibility calls are the province of the trier of fact who is in a better position to evaluate the demeanor of the witnesses, we find the record supports the trial court's issuance of a protective order. Gryder's comments to the trial court that he had no reason to be in Louisiana followed by his protestations that he was "effectively bann[ed] ... from the New Roads Airport" because he was employed there, overwhelmingly support the trial court's decision to discount Gryder's testimony.

For anyone who believes anything that comes out of DGs mouth, I offer this excerpt from the appellate court decision on the stalking case:

People that believe what he says aren't going to have their minds changed by court documents, data, facts, seeing it for their own eyes, etc. Unless it comes out of his mouth its not true.
The unfortunate thing is there are folks that have very damming audio, video, documents, etc that won't come forward because they don't want to have to deal with a public fight.
Seems, the path of least resistance is to just let him spew stuff in the corner rather than get any of it on you.

I get that there are lousy people walking around, and I get that there are people that will follow them. What I don't get, though, are the pilots that follow or support people like that. You have to have some kind of ability to be independent to fly, and some level of intelligence to get through the process. So how can someone be naive enough, or lack the courage or integrity to follow or support such a person and also be a pilot? Or is it just that they love controversy so much that they'll support anything, good or bad, that's different and controversial?

Maybe if you sound concerned and angry about things, even if you don't understand anything you're talking about, people will start following behind you like rats. I suppose that's a bit of what the news does. We could just print up a bunch of t-shirts that say "I support things that I don't comprehend."

I get that there are lousy people walking around, and I get that there are people that will follow them. What I don't get, though, are the pilots that follow or support people like that. You have to have some kind of ability to be independent to fly, and some level of intelligence to get through the process. So how can someone be naive enough, or lack the courage or integrity to follow or support such a person and also be a pilot? Or is it just that they love controversy so much that they'll support anything, good or bad, that's different and controversial?

Maybe if you sound concerned and angry about things, even if you don't understand anything you're talking about, people will start following behind you like rats. I suppose that's a bit of what the news does. We could just print up a bunch of t-shirts that say "I support things that I don't comprehend."

Society seems to crave controversy and now, more than ever, all facets of media are catering to it. I consider Mr. Gryder to be in the same category as the Real Housewives and the Amish Mafia.

About 20(wag) yrs ago, there was an online figure (whose name I can't remember) who took umbrage to anything people were saying against the written productions by his online persona. (and a LOT of people were pretty upset by what he was saying)
He sued someone, (my memory says maybe Avweb was involved?) and after that many of the chats/forums were prohibiting discussion of his name or controversial writings for fear he'd sue them.
Thought the same might happen here.
Who can recall the details?

Last edited:
Back