Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

Do early retirements puzzle you in principle? I hope you're sitting down for this, but not everybody wants to do that sh%t until 65/67, regardless of how "clubbing baby seals easy" that MLM scheme might feel for the high-longevity folks within it.

Somewhat related, I find flip-a-trike danny's early out more honorable to me, sight-unseen as a 3rd party sgoti, than the like-clockwork-triggered cases of anal glaucoma that seems to afflict 69% of 63 year olds (soon miraculously moving to 65 year olds) with a maxed out sick bank and an LTD policy.
Early retirements don’t puzzle me however in Dan’s case and his age at the time he would have been the only pilot taking one. He stated however that he left Delta to take a 60,000 a year job running a flight school. He could easily have pulled in 300,000 a year teaching in the sim and home every night.

We discuss recent accidents as just bar room chatter. We don't get up in and pretend to be a voice of authority and make pronouncements to the masses who probably don't know any better. And if one of us says something boneheaded, the rest in the same forum have an opportunity to show a civil opposing view, rather than being attacked or having the contrary views deleted. Whether it's Jerry or Gryder or Mary Schiavo, I have little tolerance for those who are in (or a claim to be) in a position of authority.

Contrast this to Dick McSpadden (Jr.) who does quite a reasoned "let's look at all sides" analysis, even if it is early in the process.

We discuss recent accidents as just bar room chatter. We don't get up in and pretend to be a voice of authority and make pronouncements to the masses who probably don't know any better. And if one of us says something boneheaded, the rest in the same forum have an opportunity to show a civil opposing view, rather than being attacked or having the contrary views deleted. Whether it's Jerry or Gryder or Mary Schiavo, I have little tolerance for those who are in (or a claim to be) in a position of authority.

Contrast this to Dick McSpadden (Jr.) who does quite a reasoned "let's look at all sides" analysis, even if it is early in the process.
Well said.

Early retirements don’t puzzle me however in Dan’s case and his age at the time he would have been the only pilot taking one. He stated however that he left Delta to take a 60,000 a year job running a flight school. He could easily have pulled in 300,000 a year teaching in the sim and home every night.
Problem is you are applying normal logic to someone is does not think/behave like a normal person.

As much as I'd love to believe that he left Delta under negative circumstances, I just don't think that is the case. As I mentioned earlier, I saw Dan's name on the MD-88 Captain list when he made the decision to retire.

I think the real answer is he didn't want to work for the 'Man' anymore, wanted to be his own boss and could afford to take the financial loss associated with retiring early.

Dan is the classic anti-authority type - rules apply to OTHER people, not him. I saw it in person a few times. Got him arrested at least once. And we've seen that attitude in his videos. Dan is the complete opposite of a stereotypical Delta pilot and if you ever heard him tell his story about his initial job interview with Delta, it was not unlike Will Smith's 'interview' in Men in Black.

He wanted to do his own thing and retiring when he did gave him that opportunity. When Dan retired, he was bouncing back and forth between a skydive outfit in Arkansas and his base in Georgia, seemingly doing whatever pleased him. At the time, I kind of envied him.

In retrospect, it is very possible/likely that Dan had 'family money'. Whether that was through his side or Darla's I do not know. If through his wife, it might explain the actions of the in-laws after she passed away. Dunno. I never asked and we are no longer on speaking terms.

Here is what I do know - when I first met him in 2008, he was a 777 FO sitting in reserve flying one trip a month. Basically collecting wide-body FO base pay and not much else. But, he owned a DC-3, had a ~60x60 hangar with a complete upstairs apartment that was not his actual home at 6A2 and I seem to recall he also had at least one or two other GA airplanes. I just don't see him being able to do that on FO base pay and independent flight instruction alone back then.

For the fewer and fewer out there who actually believe DG, he routinely claims to not monetize his YouTube videos as a mean to fundraise, but you can buy apps that reveal if a video has been monetized by the User.

Attachments

• DGLiar.jpg
    DGLiar.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 77
For the fewer and fewer out there who actually believe DG, he routinely claims to not monetize his YouTube videos as a mean to fundraise, but you can buy apps that reveal if a video has been monetized by the User.
I've pointed out before that he monetizes and my comments all got deleted (on his videos).

There are a couple different ways to tell. 1 is, as far as I'm aware, if you get in-stream ads that means it's almost certainly monetized. The other way you can tell is if you see an ad at the top of the "recommended videos" list while you are watching a video.

Also one time in a video he showed his youtube dashboard, and there was a red dollar sign symbol next to one of his videos. My understanding is that means the video had monetization turned on but there was a copyright claim which de-monetized the video.

Edit - Something else I noticed, prior to this year he only monetized some videos. It was the more high profile ones I'll call it, and it was blatantly obvious because those videos would have ad after ad, whereas other videos would have 0 ads (and no ads in the recommended video list).

Last edited:
I've pointed out before that he monetizes and my comments all got deleted (on his videos).

There are a couple different ways to tell. 1 is, as far as I'm aware, if you get in-stream ads that means it's almost certainly monetized. The other way you can tell is if you see an ad at the top of the "recommended videos" list while you are watching a video.

Also one time in a video he showed his youtube dashboard, and there was a red dollar sign symbol next to one of his videos. My understanding is that means the video had monetization turned on but there was a copyright claim which de-monetized the video.

Edit - Something else I noticed, prior to this year he only monetized some videos. It was the more high profile ones I'll call it, and it was blatantly obvious because those videos would have ad after ad, whereas other videos would have 0 ads (and no ads in the recommended video list). But lately it seems like all of them are monetized.
It looks like some are and some aren't (he's monetizing some and not others). But the presence of ads, as I understand it, doesn't mean the user has monetized-- YT will run ads on your video whether you monetize or not, and I think this is how he's been pretending-- that it's this situation. Which is BS.

It looks like some are and some aren't (he's monetizing some and not others). But the presence of ads, as I understand it, doesn't mean the user has monetized-- YT will run ads on your video whether you monetize or not, and I think this is how he's been pretending-- that it's this situation. Which is BS.
I knew Youtube would place ads no matter what, but a youtuber told me that YT will not do in-stream ads... only beginning and end. I don't know if that's a fact though.

I knew Youtube would place ads no matter what, but a youtuber told me that YT will not do in-stream ads... only beginning and end. I don't know if that's a fact though.
I subscribe to YouTube Premium. I see in-stream ads daily on some videos, but they are being placed by the creators of the videos, not by YouTube.

I subscribe to YouTube Premium. I see in-stream ads daily on some videos, but they are being placed by the creators of the videos, not by YouTube.
Interesting. I subscribe as well and haven't seen an ad on youtube in years.

Interesting. I subscribe as well and haven't seen an ad on youtube in years.
In one case, the ad is read by the person who made the video. In another case, it's read by the brother of the person who made the video. It's easy to fast forward past them.

Oh you mean like product placement. I thought you meant mid-roll ads where it breaks into a commercial.

Oh you mean like product placement. I thought you meant mid-roll ads where it breaks into a commercial.
Dunno. I thought product placement just referred to the product being visible on screen.

In the video it says that an expert was able to prove that DG opened an email (the summons).

Any IT experts here that would know how that is possible absent DG forwarding the email in question or replying back?

My assumption has always been that it was not possible to know if the recipient opened and read an email until such point as they reply back to you. Which perhaps works good as a practical assumption but falls short when it comes to the ability to legally prove it.

Just curious.

- Some email clients respond to receipt requests
- Some emails load a logo or image from a website once you open the message. The site that serves the image logs the unique request.
- legal document is attached as a link. If you click the link the access request is logged.

- Some email clients respond to receipt requests
- Some emails load a logo or image from a website once you open the message. The site that serves the image logs the unique request.
- legal document is attached as a link. If you click the link the access request is logged.
Email clients do those things….tying it to the named end user action is another step and much harder to prove electronically without tapping the video camera. Proving knowledge of the contents after the fact could do the trick…e.g the user quotes the contents.

I remember watching a video where I was assured that the C340 crash in San Diego was due to the covid vaccine. I have been waiting a long time for the report and finally found it. I can't find the video now.

Here is the NTSB report number:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:Loss of control due to spatial disorientation.​

What do you guys think?

I remember watching a video where I was assured that the C340 crash in San Diego was due to the covid vaccine. I have been waiting a long time for the report and finally found it. I can't find the video now.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:Loss of control due to spatial disorientation.​

What do you guys think?

Well, I dislike Gryder, but I dislike the Coof vax, too. Which do I dislike more? Huh...

I'll blame the Coof. May as well.

What's "Coof"?

Sorry, it's (I guess) an inside joke because Youtube didn't like the word "Covid" in videos so people I watched came up with other ways to refer to it. One guy just called it the Beer problem (in reference to Corona).

What do you guys think?

Argh…..without commenting on the probable cause as I didn’t read the entire report I can give my 2¢ on the COVID aspect.

You’ll never know in this accident because nothing was found of the major internal organs. You’ll get exactly what the medical examiner determined, Blunt Force Injuries.

Plus you’ll never know if a vaccine caused a so called “heart attack”. Yeah the heart will show damage but with no underlying medical issues the autopsy report will just state “due to unknown cause”. Heck, without additional information, who knows if the heart attack caused the accident or if the fact they knew they were about to die and extreme stress caused it.

Sorry, it's (I guess) an inside joke because Youtube didn't like the word "Covid" in videos so people I watched came up with other ways to refer to it. One guy just called it the Beer problem (in reference to Corona).
YouTube is not a place I'd recommend to look for medical advice.

The videos weren't medical advice. I guess they'd be called social commentary. Covid was turned into something very much beyond medical in nature.

The videos had almost nothing to do with Covid. They were about a variety of topics, but at some point, the narrator would say something to the effect of, "Before [Covid] you could _____ but in a post-[Covid] world you must now _____." One video that I remember was discussing the ammo market and how certain calibers were very hard to find, partly due to [Covid] restrictions.

He had a video (can't remember if it was early 2023 or late 2022) but he interviewed a doctor and talked about this supposed issue with vaccinated pilots and heart attacks at high altitude. The way they were talking they kept hinting at some impeding doom where vaccinated pilots were gonna start dropping out of the sky left and right. We still aren't seeing it... but as some of the tinfoil guys say "you just wait" or "tick tock". Well... 2+ years since the majority of Americans were vaccinated and still doesn't seem to be happening. But maybe that is also part of the conspiracy, to secretly make it delay by 2-5 years so that nobody knows!! (/sarc).

And here I thought you had something else to take up your time instead of going into that rabbit hole during COVID...

And here I thought you had something else to take up your time instead of going into that rabbit hole during COVID...
He couldn't take me to work with him, so he had to do something while waiting for people to screw up their computers... :biggrin:

He had a video (can't remember if it was early 2023 or late 2022) but he interviewed a doctor and talked about this supposed issue with vaccinated pilots and heart attacks at high altitude. The way they were talking they kept hinting at some impeding doom where vaccinated pilots were gonna start dropping out of the sky left and right. We still aren't seeing it... but as some of the tinfoil guys say "you just wait" or "tick tock". Well... 2+ years since the majority of Americans were vaccinated and still doesn't seem to be happening. But maybe that is also part of the conspiracy, to secretly make it delay by 2-5 years so that nobody knows!! (/sarc).

I'd love to present counter-evidence, but if I did it would be considered a TOS violation...

Wait wut? Are we holding people accountable for crazy baseless statements? What is this cold hash light I see shining? Dammit Marge pull the drapes or the men in the stealth helicopters will see us!

YouTube is just a communications medium. As with the telephone, it's up to the listener/viewer to assess whether they're getting advice from a reliable medical professional or a quack. That having been said, the ratio of reliable information to BS is obviously much higher at your local medical clinic than on YouTube.

Might Delta have concern if former employee flying benefits were used to facilitate the pursuit of women for stalking purposes?
I've heard there are rules about profiting from the benefit. Interesting reading regardless.

Back