iPhone, oh how I hate u so much.

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
every year, if I'm home, I go out in my backyard and hope I catch the flyover for that stupid nascar race that comes to town. I'm not a nascar fan, in case u didn't pick up on that, but I AM a flyover fan. well this time I hear em coming. grab the iphone, click the camera, and BOOM, the freakin thing LOCKS UP on me just as DEAFENINGLY LOUD F16's fly right the fook over my house ARRRRGGGHHHHH. my adrenaline is pumping right now cause it seems like that flyover was just for me. so iPhone, go iPhuk urself.

Well at least you'll be prepared, next year.

For what it's worth, it's tough to get decent flight pictures or videos on an iphone unless you are very close.

I'll take a real camera over a phone any day. Phones can take capable pictures, but can be a pain to use and can be limited.

For what it's worth, it's tough to get decent flight pictures or videos on an iphone unless you are very close.

if they got any closer they'd have flown thru my living room. I mean, they were CLOSE.

I'll take a real camera over a phone any day. Phones can take capable pictures, but can be a pain to use and can be limited.

For 83% of my photographic needs an iphone delivers, and it is as good as the best point and shoot digitals of ten years ago. But at some point you need better than that. I toted a Canon AE1 all over Germany when I was stationed there. Optics were great and I walked away with some superb shots, particularly of the East German border command before the wall came down, but, alas, I wish they had the resolution of the iphone.

my phone is with me everywhere I go (how do u think I'm on PoA all the dang time), and like The Sac said, it's pretty darn good for "holy @#$% I need a camera right now". but yeah, if u want top quality video/pics u should prob have a good camera. this stupid iphone camera would have been perfect for this.

For 83% of my photographic needs an iphone delivers, and it is as good as the best point and shoot digitals of ten years ago. But at some point you need better than that. I toted a Canon AE1 all over Germany when I was stationed there. Optics were great and I walked away with some superb shots, particularly of the East German border command before the wall came down, but, alas, I wish they had the resolution of the iphone.
Modern camera phones are very capable, especially with good light. I have seen amazing photographs from phones. But they only work to a point for my needs.

my phone is with me everywhere I go (how do u think I'm on PoA all the dang time), and like The Sac said, it's pretty darn good for "holy @#$% I need a camera right now". but yeah, if u want top quality video/pics u should prob have a good camera. this stupid iphone camera would have been perfect for this.
Funny- a lot of times, grabbing my camera is faster. Press a button to wake the phone, swipe the screen (or enter a code), open the app, and now take a picture. My camera (2 steps from me right now) is just flip the switch on and take the shot.

Like the key for my Jeep, versus the Larry-Lightbulb "remote keyless entry and keyless ignition" for my Mazda, of which the battery has died on both fobs.

One physical key for the Jeep, that opens the door and starts the engine. Always located in the same place, if the engine is running. Until I replace the fob batteries, I have to use two hands to extract the door key from the fob, etc. Like driving a 1930 DeSoto, except not as well thought out.

Now see, if you watching the pre-race activities on tv then you would know the flyover was about to happen and could have been ready. But nooooooooo, you just couldn't be bothered to do that as it might seem that you like NASCAR. So you lost your shot. Tough titty! (Hey Mark, I wrote titty)

:D;)

Funny- a lot of times, grabbing my camera is faster. Press a button to wake the phone, swipe the screen (or enter a code), open the app, and now take a picture.

There's a two-step shortcut: wake up the phone, and then swipe left from the lockscreen. Takes you right into the camera app. No password required if you have fingerprint ID enabled.

There's a saying that the best camera is the one you have with you. In that respect the iPhone, or nearly any modern smartphone, shine.

There's another saying about singing dogs: the amazing thing is not that they sing well, but that they sing at all! Given the form factor and lens size, these little devices are quite miraculous. I bought a "SuperZoom" DSLR a few years back, and truth be told it only gets drug out every few months - the phone does that well 99% of the time.

I hate iPhones too.
If for no other reason, because (no matter how old it gets), Eman is right.

Last edited:
every year, if I'm home, I go out in my backyard and hope I catch the flyover for that stupid nascar race that comes to town. I'm not a nascar fan, in case u didn't pick up on that, but I AM a flyover fan. well this time I hear em coming. grab the iphone, click the camera, and BOOM, the freakin thing LOCKS UP on me just as DEAFENINGLY LOUD F16's fly right the fook over my house ARRRRGGGHHHHH. my adrenaline is pumping right now cause it seems like that flyover was just for me. so iPhone, go iPhuk urself.

:needpics: ...because I just had to do it! :biggrin:

Funny- a lot of times, grabbing my camera is faster. Press a button to wake the phone, swipe the screen (or enter a code), open the app, and now take a picture. My camera (2 steps from me right now) is just flip the switch on and take the shot.

Motorola phones have the best solution to this I've seen so far. If I need to get to the camera quickly from any state of lock or unlock, I just shake the phone about its longitudinal axis a couple of times and it immediately opens to the camera. You can do it in the time it takes to get the phone from pocket to shooting position.

Like the key for my Jeep, versus the Larry-Lightbulb "remote keyless entry and keyless ignition" for my Mazda, of which the battery has died on both fobs.

One physical key for the Jeep, that opens the door and starts the engine. Always located in the same place, if the engine is running. Until I replace the fob batteries, I have to use two hands to extract the door key from the fob, etc. Like driving a 1930 DeSoto, except not as well thought out.

This is why I drive a 31 year old car.

Motorola phones have the best solution to this I've seen so far. If I need to get to the camera quickly from any state of lock or unlock, I just shake the phone about its longitudinal axis a couple of times and it immediately opens to the camera. You can do it in the time it takes to get the phone from pocket to shooting position.

LOL. Not going to touch that one... but suffice to say that "shaking it along its longitudinal axis" is funny.

It also seems like it would happen regularly if the phone is in a bag, vehicle cubby, oh, pretty much anywhere.

Ho hum. There is this device that fits in your pocket and has more computing power than the Space Shuttle. It can play music, record videos, give you directions, surf the net, tell you the forecast, navigate your airplane and about ten million other things. And it's no good because you didn't get the photo you wanted.

What the phuck ever.

Works for the wife too?

∆ hahaha
Reminds me of that one where you drop the last word from the sentence each time you repeat it.

Oh George please don't stop here.

Ho hum. There is this device that fits in your pocket and has more computing power than the Space Shuttle. It can play music, record videos, give you directions, surf the net, tell you the forecast, navigate your airplane and about ten million other things. And it's no good because you didn't get the photo you wanted.

What the phuck ever.
Good point, but still, a smallish computer, built around managing a radio - very handy, and like a Swiss Army knife, it does a lot of things pretty well, but nothing super well, except voice.

Good point, but still, a smallish computer, built around managing a radio - very handy, and like a Swiss Army knife, it does a lot of things pretty well, but nothing super well, except voice.

They don't do voice all that well, either. But the "HD" codecs help.

Back