Ummm...
attachment.php

https://twitter.com/RonAmadeo/status/509424207474999297/photo/1

Attachments

• BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg
    BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 165

I couldn't find FaceTime or WingX on the Android devices. :rolleyes:

I am currently content with my iPhone 5 until this first round of phones make it through the 'bleeding edge of technology' phase. Once I know they have any bugs worked out, I would love to get a 6+ for the larger screen size. I'm at the stage where I use readers and I appreciate the extra real estate. I use my phone a lot for movies, FaceTime and WingX backup when I'm away from home each week.

I don't think Apple needs to be first - and in the initial propaganda roll before yesterday's event they as much as said so.

The iPod was hardly the first MP3 player. The iPhone was not the first smart phone. The iPad was not the first tablet and the Apple Watch is not the first wearable.

I'm sure Androids are great, and jump ahead of Apple products in many areas. I do have a few family members who went to Android from iPhones and are now eagerly awaiting the new iPhone, for a variety of reasons, main ones being a lot of crashes and not much consistency between apps.

But I'll stipulate that for many the Android phones are perfect and give more options than Apple products. My 5s is a wonderful device, whether it's "behind" Android phones or not. It pleases me and I'm confident the 6 or 6+ in my future will please me as well.

Whatever works!

I'd love the 6+. It was a gloomy day when my Galaxy Note died and I replaced it with the Blackberry Z10. I'm getting old and have fat fingers and bad eyes. So I like the larger screen. If the ipad had a built-in phone I'd carry one of those around.

Now I have to ask about phone holsters. Until the other day I didn't realize I was the only one in the state to still use one. Everyone has gone to carrying their phones in their pockets. This would seem uncomfortable to me and would scratch the hell out of the phones. I know the holsters aren't cool with the kids, but still.

I love holsters for phones. My pockets are already full, and all my shirts don't have pockets (polo). Phones don't cohabit well with keys, change or victorinox, and I won't sit on a phone. Protective cases just make it a larger chunk to carry somehow.

Check these out: http://www.niteize.com/collection/Apple-Device-Accessories.asp

I'm about to get one for my work iPhone 5. Then I'll be supergeek with my samsung phone on one hip, the iPhone on the other.

I have a 5s now, I suspect my next one will be the iPhone 12. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's interesting, when I talk to people at work about it, 90% are going with just the 6, but most of you here are 6+ people.

I have to decide by tomorrow morning.... Probably going to go 6 because it can fit in my pocket and I can still use it one handed.

I too am debating between the 6 and 6 plus. Like the idea of the bigger screen in the 6 plus as a backup for my iPad mini running Foreflight, BUT it is a backup only and I have no intention of using it as a substitute for the mini. So, why carry the 6 plus around everyday when the more comfortable 6 will do? I don't know....I think the 6 plus may be too big for everyday use. I'm leaning towards the 6 as a good compromise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I see that Walmart is going to beat Apple's price on both.

I made a cardboard form of the 6+. It is a beast, and I haven't even allowed space for a case yet!

I started out with a Motorola bag phone in 1993.

motorola_bag_phone-lg.jpg

Who cares? I didn't mind waiting for those features. I don't like android.

There is also a false assumption that none of those features appeared prior to the Iphone 6. Cloud storage of photos? Typing suggestions? The only thing I see that is really new is the larger screen, which I am not sure I really want, and the NFC payments, which I am not sure I will really use.

For me, its not about whether it has more features that you might possibly use. It's about the ease of use. My MIL has some android phone because it has so many features, but she can't use any of them accept calling and texting. She cannot even reliably use the phone. It like PIP for televisions. It sounded good, but I never really used it. Just make the stuff I do use work well and easily. Apple did that from the start with its Iphone. I haven't felt the need to look back. If you like Android, go for it. If you like Apple, great.

The iPhone 7 will need to come with its own bag (including shoulder strap) at this rate.

A couple years ago, I bought an iPad2 because I was impressed with foreflight. Now I use my iPad for PoA and email.

I wanted cockpit redundancy so I traded my Windows phone for an iPhone5.

I'd been thinking of switching the iPad to a mini for flying,but with the i6/+ coming out! now I'm not sure what I want to do.

I went to the Apple store today hoping to see a mockup. NOPE. NADA. AINT HAPPENING.

Suggestions?

There is a PDF online that can be printed to scale with an outline of the various models. I taped a piece of cardboard to the cutout to give it some form and tried the size out that way.

It's quite huge. If I didn't have a tablet, I might want the 6+, but I have an iPad already and the 6+ is not practical to carry around or use one handed.

Or, go into any store that sells a 5.5 inch android device. Size will be very close.

Looks like the marketplace likes the larger size:

Both AT&T and Verizon are quoting three week shipping delays for the Plus, meaning customers buying now won’t get their phones until around the 7th of October. At the time of writing, the iPhone 6 is still available. At Apple’s own store, it seems like the 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus and the 128 GB iPhone 6 Plus is now also unavailable. However, the exact nature of supply is unclear due to the ongoing website issues.

Looks like the marketplace likes the larger size:

It's unreliable data to consider supply side shortages to determine demand trends.

Double what I said for Apple shenanigans.

Back