Ipad screen replacement

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Mine has a full length crack so I am going to replace it (I've done 2 phones now, not too scary)
Its working fine. But I am going to replace it.

Problem is, what do I buy?
Terminology primer needed:

Touchscreen
Digitizer
Bezel
Glass
LCD

Many alternatives as above. Will be happiest with a fast repair even if it costs a little more.

My liege, this humble jester suggests that you avail yourself of a local repair shop that specializes in this. Around my fiefdom, it can often be done for $60-75.00, finished in an hour or so, and the shop guarantees the result.

I just paid a local shop $70.
I think the cost of the screen will be around $30-35? I believe he called it a digitizer. As long as the LCD isn't all jacked up you should be fine.
I've put iPhone screen in before, but the iPad looked a little more challenging, and I figured the hassle, time and warranty was worth the other $35.
Do be careful not to mess up the buttons, mic, antenna, etc., which was another of my concerns.
Be gentle with the new one and don't get fingerprints on the inside. Gloves (and youtube) are your friend.

You bold man.

Good luck,I’m with the group,have it done by someone whohasdoneseveral others.

I just replaced the screen on my iPhone 5 due to a dead pixel. I took it to Apple service center. Cost $129 plus tax. Expensive but I have original parts. While waiting for the repair, bought iPhone X for my wife.

The Ipad mini is pretty easy, have replaced mine twice. Watch out for the two very small magnets. Be absoluetly sure the ribbon cables are firmly seated in the socket.

Dave, who made the phone and what is the model?

Back