IPAD mini kneeboard

MIFlyer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
MIFlyer
I've searched through old threads but can't find anything. Has anyone found a cheap, basic kneeboard that fits the latest IPAD mini?

H 7.69"
W 5.3"

I see several listed for earlier versions, but nothing for the mini 6.

I'm trying to be a cheap pilot on this and just find something for $20 that works (though I'll spend more if I need to). I'm VFR only, so I don't need a bunch of tabs and pockets.

I just clip it to my ASA kneeboard. Seems to work just fine for a semi makeshift job but YMMV.

What Ryan said for an in your lap solution.

for flight, I use a Ram X-grip suctioned to the corner of the windscreen. Keeps the display within my field of vision and eyes up when I need to focus on it.

If you have one of the cheap aluminum knee boards, then, Velcro.
Or. Just a velcro strap around your leg may hold it enough.

What Ryan said for an in your lap solution.

for flight, I use a Ram X-grip suctioned to the corner of the windscreen. Keeps the display within my field of vision and eyes up when I need to focus on it.
This. For me, I found that eye level for the I Pad worked best. I have my note book and airport notes on the knee board.

Don't limit your search: I recently "upgraded" to the Mini 6 from my Mini 4, and the dimensions are essentially the same. I still use the Ram mount suctioned to the windscreen, with the same adapter I used for my Mini 4. Frankly, I miss the Mini 4, with the thumb-button, but that ship sailed now.

I use this (image below) with the ipad 6 ... simple, does the job, but requires that you have a case around the screen - I use this case (but you can use any case really).

a.png

Anyone find the mini restrictive vs paper charts?

Im just back flying after a 12 year break, and I haven’t gone anywhere yet, really. All local stuff.
But with the TAC and sectional I can look much further ahead than Foreflight on my 6+ iPhone (I assume mini is slightly bigger). I’ve been using paper charts.

Do y’all miss paper at all?

Anyone find the mini restrictive vs paper charts?

Im just back flying after a 12 year break, and I haven’t gone anywhere yet, really. All local stuff.
But with the TAC and sectional I can look much further ahead than Foreflight on my 6+ iPhone (I assume mini is slightly bigger). I’ve been using paper charts.

Do y’all miss paper at all?
I don’t miss paper in the slightest. The mini is more than just slightly bigger than an iPhone 6+, have you checked the specs? I don’t find it restrictive at all.

I don’t miss paper in the slightest. The mini is more than just slightly bigger than an iPhone 6+, have you checked the specs? I don’t find it restrictive at all.
I feel the same way - mini is the perfect size for me, and while I'm glad I learned to fly in 2001 when everything seemed more complicated than it is today - I can't imagine using paper charts or A/FDs ever again. Added bonus: you can reference your POH, FARs, and AIM (as well as other publications) directly on your tablet - I don't carry those around anymore either. Just the ipad with a stratux.

I use this (image below) with the ipad 6 ... simple, does the job, but requires that you have a case around the screen - I use this case (but you can use any case really).

View attachment 105936

I bought one of those, different version, for use with an android tablet. It's a Lenovo Yoga tablet which is an odd asymetrical shape. Worked pretty well. I'd bet the ipad version would work even better
called Myclip
https://www.myclipforipad.com/

I feel the same way - mini is the perfect size for me, and while I'm glad I learned to fly in 2001 when everything seemed more complicated than it is today - I can't imagine using paper charts or A/FDs ever again. Added bonus: you can reference your POH, FARs, and AIM (as well as other publications) directly on your tablet - I don't carry those around anymore either. Just the ipad with a stratux.

I have been wondering the same thing....I'm past the age where my arms became too short for reading so I've been wondering if a mini would be too small in the cockpit. I had been using a Lenovo tablet running Garmin Pilot, but not exactly satisfied with it. Toying with the idea of getting an ipad and running foreflight...since that seems to be the "standard" so I recon it's probably a bit better in some or many ways

Back