Intro

Brian Fraser

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BSFraser
Hi All,

I thought I'd introduce myself to the group. I just started (well about two months ago) getting my Private and have about 9 hours out of KFUL. Unfortunately, between an accident (That thankfully everyone walked away from) that took out three of my flight school aircraft and booking 6am-8am lessons, getting up has been a little difficult. So Cal's June gloom has run straight through August and September and now into October. I've got 4 to 5 lessons on the books assuming weather is right I should be done towards the end of the year.

With the weather it's really got me thinking about going straight through to instrument for safety first and foremost (never know when the overcast will blow in) and just to be able to fly more regularly. Hopefully will be looking to buy or do a fractional ownership most likely in a 206 or Cherokee 6 as I have 5 in my family and need a stationwagon in the sky!

I'll apologize now for repeating questions that I'm sure have been asked before (I will use the search bar :) )

Thanks,

Brian

Ask your questions any time. Just remember that you will get many answers to each one, each correct in the mind of the poster! And Welcome! -Skip

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your training. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress!

Welcome to the POA and good luck with your training...:happydance: Keep us posted on your progress...:yes:

Welcome and good luck with your training. Fullerton is a nice airport and we enjoyed our time there. You will definitely be proficient at the radio when you have your ticket!! :D

Welcome to the joint Brian. Ask away. No need to search the entire contents of POA to avoid asking something thats been asked before. Almost everything probably has.

Hey Brian! I know where you're at and yeah, it was a rough deal on the Marchetti accident. Glad that everyone walked away and the pilot did a fine job of ensuring that. But no bueno for the damaged aircraft.

I fly out of KFUL and my plane is based there. The WX lately has been nice (albeit a bit warm yesterday.) I think we'll have a good stretch of good flying weather. Hope to see you on the ramp!

Wow, that sucks. Did they ever come out with what caused the loss of control?

Still being investigated, from what I hear, so no determination on why the loss of control. Pity as those are pretty aircraft. Glad nobody was seriously injured or killed. I understand a student and CFI were in the Cessna when the Siai-Marchetti's prop sliced the top of the wing en-route to a forced landing into the hangar.

Greeting Brian...welcome to POA. Thanks for sharing regarding the Siai-Marchetti SF260 crash. I live in Gardena and I'm always interested in reading about any incidents/accidents. Good luck with your pilot training.

Thanks all. Have my Phase 5 check next Thursday so if all goes we'll I'll be soloing in the next week or so. Excited and nervous for it at the same time. We should be getting up today hoping to EMT, POC and CNO and I'm going to take my 9 year old with me as he's been wanting to go so bad and frankly I want to try and get some experience with other "distractions" while I've got my instructor with me rather than waiting until after I have my PPL. Might stop for a little breakfast at Flo's. :)

On the Marchetti I haven't asked but the pilot said the rudder was stuck to the left and from the wreckage it was clearly to the left with no damage from the incident.

Back