Instrument Failure. Life Saving Advice (A Satire)

You need to make a disclaimer at the top of the video or some (to remain nameless) may try one of these things in IMC and then blame you if they survive.

Brian(y), I realize that as a qualified Cirrus passenger you have met or exceeded many rigorous riding requirements. I for one did not know that a Minnesota based company would advocate the use of seasonal insects as a backup system. To the best of my knowledge the standard backup system combines the use of a cat and a duck. Training for the use of the cat and duck should include substitution of a dog and a goose but many instructors only talk through their use these days. Anyway, did the Cirrus passenger training program include orientation on why they do not support the cat and duck standard that everyone else uses?

You need to make a disclaimer at the top of the video or some (to remain nameless) may try one of these things in IMC and then blame you if they survive.

HAHA I had to read that twice. That's funny!!!

Brian(y), I realize that as a qualified Cirrus passenger you have met or exceeded many rigorous riding requirements. I for one did not know that a Minnesota based company would advocate the use of seasonal insects as a backup system. To the best of my knowledge the standard backup system combines the use of a cat and a duck. Training for the use of the cat and duck should include substitution of a dog and a goose but many instructors only talk through their use these days. Anyway, did the Cirrus passenger training program include orientation on why they do not support the cat and duck standard that everyone else uses?

There is a white paper on it.

And this is serious. So most SR22 pilots don't pay too much attention to anything and "Cats" sounds a lot like "CAPS". "Pull the cat's handle" is going to confuse the pilots and cost precious seconds while they try and sort out what that means.

Also cats are curious. In the event that CAPS is used, the cat will go after the chute like a giant ball of yarn, potentially tearing holes in the canopy.
It's not worth the risk.

Also most Cirrus pilots struggle to picture a duck as anything other than a delicacy.

Also and really, I have heard references to the cat and duck but I have absolutely no idea what that joke is about. Where can I learn about this cat and duck thing?

There is a white paper on it.

And this is serious. So most SR22 pilots don't pay too much attention to anything and "Cats" sounds a lot like "CAPS". "Pull the cat's handle" is going to confuse the pilots and cost precious seconds while they try and sort out what that means.

Also cats are curious. In the event that CAPS is used, the cat will go after the chute like a giant ball of yarn, potentially tearing holes in the canopy.
It's not worth the risk.

Also most Cirrus pilots struggle to picture a duck as anything other than a delicacy.

Also and really, I have heard references to the cat and duck but I have absolutely no idea what that joke is about. Where can I learn about this cat and duck thing?
Brian w/y, LMGTFY: http://www.anvari.org/shortjoke/Avi...ghted-with-increasing-emphasis-on-safety.html

There is one fatal flaw with the video. No, two.

In California, you are not allowed to capture butterflies. Plus burning is banned in certain areas.

I'm moderately famous!

And yes, Bryan and I did actually discuss many of those possibilities at one of the strangest restaurants I've ever been to (I think they had literally anything on the menu). Isn't it closed now, @SixPapaCharlie ?

I'm moderately famous!

And yes, Bryan and I did actually discuss many of those possibilities at one of the strangest restaurants I've ever been to (I think they had literally anything on the menu). Isn't it closed now, @SixPapaCharlie ?

Yes they shut it down. It was a combination of nobody liking Irish Mexican Fusion and the owner owing something like $700,000 in back taxes

Yes they shut it down. It was a combination of nobody liking Irish Mexican Fusion and the owner owing something like $700,000 in back taxes
I assure you that Irish Mexican fusion has been popular for a long time around here. Jose O'Shea's remains a popular lunch and dinner spot. Of course I've never been there for lunch or dinner because the food is on par with Casa Bonita. I have been known to graze on their midnight buffet after long days while in grad school. Yeah, that's it, long days working as a grad student. Definitely not long nights drinking, no, not that.

I wish you lived closer to Dallas Clark. We need to have beers.

I noticed that your coffee can is plastic, not metal. Good for you, for that choice. I think that's very appropriate since you are flying a plastic plane.

One question. Being mindful of your important advice about the airholes, should I also poke some holes in my plane's roof, so that I can breathe too?

I noticed that your coffee can is plastic, not metal. Good for you, for that choice. I think that's very appropriate since you are flying a plastic plane.

One question. Being mindful of your important advice about the airholes, should I also poke some holes in my plane's roof, so that I can breathe too?
I think the video assumes all planes have oxygen systems built in. Not sure though.

I didn't need that coffee this morning.

Now off to YouTube to figure out how to remove coffee from leather seats of an F-150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking news from Cirrus. All new models will be delivered with a vape pen for these types of situations. Their testing has shown that this is safer than lighting a fire inside the aircraft, also citing market research showing that Zima drinkers prefer vaping over actual tobacco...

Pretty soon Bryian will have enough videos posted for some to get their pilot certificate, or not.

You need to sign up for a forum at Oshkosh and bring these videos to life. Can you imagine some people's reactions before they realize this is all comedy?

Back