Instrument Checkride Time

Triggerhappyjack

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TriggerHappyJack
I just passed my end of course stage check with the Chief. Luckily for me it was in horrible wind and actual IMC. I have my checkride scheduled for 30 April. Do you think this is to long to wait? I will get in a couple practice orals and two more practice flights. Thoughts?

I assume that it was scheduled based on DPE and aircraft availability, so whether or not it's too far away is irrelevant, it is what it is.

A couple more flights and study will certainly be a great idea, good luck!

I could possible schedule the ride sooner but since the DPE is doing another ride on the 30th, its cheaper. I just dont know if the 150 dollars saved is worth the wait.

I could possible schedule the ride sooner but since the DPE is doing another ride on the 30th, its cheaper. I just dont know if the 150 dollars saved is worth the wait.

Well, if you are going to have to do more training in-between then as you suggested since it's two weeks away, you'll spend way more then $150 doing that.

If you feel you are ready, do it sooner.

You should have no problem,as long as you keep studying the material ,and do some practice flights. You shouldn't loose your skills in that short a time. Good luck.

Good luck! The time frame shouldn't be a problem. My CFI ride was scheduled about 3 weeks after I finished all my training. I flew once a week until the checkride. The days I didn't fly, I hit the books hard. There is always something you can study.

Fly a lot between now and then. And try to be the SECOND RIDE on the 30th! He'll be tired and want to go home. ;-)

Good luck (doesn't sound like you need it, based on the ride conditions with the chief pilot).

Beat the sneakers off the Sim until then. Get in lots of circle to land, DME arc, side step to parallel runway, etc. Dial in wild wind and frequent failure modes. Make yourself sweat. Have the other students pimp you with gotcha type questions - if you challenge them for a 6 pack, I bet they will send you back to the books for answers.
In other words, have fun!

Beat the sneakers off the Sim until then. Get in lots of circle to land, DME arc, side step to parallel runway, etc. Dial in wild wind and frequent failure modes. Make yourself sweat. Have the other students pimp you with gotcha type questions - if you challenge them for a 6 pack, I bet they will send you back to the books for answers.
In other words, have fun!
I recommend this.

Back