Installed cost for GTN-650 and GTX-345?

If the CDI is slaved to GPS, will the AP not follow? GPSS performs same function without referencing the indicator, eliminates the "slop" out of the equation.

That's a good summary. Took me several paragraphs to basically state the same thing. Heh.

If the CDI is slaved to GPS, will the AP not follow? GPSS performs same function without referencing the indicator, eliminates the "slop" out of the equation.

Ahhh, that's what he was trying to say, thx

Personally, I think the GPSS functionality available now is amazing! Back in the Eighties and Nineties I worked at helcopter manufacturers integrating Avionics systems. The high resolution GTN color moving map functionality with GPSS steering available now is far better than the helo systems we were selling at the time. Precise hands free turn navigation. I believe it compensates for wind and a non slaved directional gyro too.

GPSS is a really big bang for the buck. You will really like it. Flying an entire approach, turns included, hands off takes me back to my airline days. Highly recommended.

Back