Inappropriate ad in Flying Magazine (online)

I’ve seen that ad many times in articles with non-fatal subjects. It’s just a randomly generated advertisement, not exclusive to this accident article.

All I see is a Garmin TXi ad (and a plug for flying mag itself).

(shrug)

No big deal. Stop worrying about it.

That ad seems to appear anytime there is room for a small ad. No big deal.

I saw an ad for a pulse oximeter.

j/k but so what if I did? As stated, they are random for the most part.

I actually had an ad for WD-40 and another for real estate in the NC mountains. That latter might not have been so random but based upon where I live or internet searches I have done.

I clicked on the article and I see an add to own a UPS store in Butte, Montana...

Well, it is near an airport....

If you have good information to share on owning a UPS store I could be interested.
I once investigated buying one. But the territories are poorly defined/restricted. I passed and six months later there was another one 4 blocks away.

Yeah, I figured it was probably random.

I'm not worried about it, just thought it was ironic.

I attached a screenshot attached in the original post.

I once investigated buying one. But the territories are poorly defined/restricted. I passed and six months later there was another one 4 blocks away.

Yeah, a little looking on google earth showed a bigger UPS super store or something like that not too far away.

Ads on your computer are sometimes if not usually different from anyone else, even if the two of you go to the same page at the same time.

The ad does not necessarily come from the page you're viewing. Instead, ot comes from a separate website that does complex calculations based on who you are and cookies in your computer. It then places an ad that's "targeted" to you. Thus, when I was studying for IFR, I'd go to non-flying websites, and there it was, an ad for King Schools.

Or last week, I was shopping for an Oxymeter on Amazon. And there it was..on the NBCNews site, an ad for an Oxymeter. I'm pretty sure NBCNews doesn't normally advertise aviation gear!

In the story about the missing Cirrus over the gulf of Mexico is an ad for life insurance that states "Rest In Peace". I'm pretty sure those are randomly generated as to when and where they appear but it's almost as if it was purposefully (and distatsefully uploaded there).

https://www.flyingmag.com/no-defini...pJobID=1200515967&spReportId=MTIwMDUxNTk2NwS2

View attachment 59008

No, this is the most worthless, BS, appalling, inappropriate ad ever. Air Plains ran this about three years ago. I certainly hope they aren't still doing so. It's especially laughable since the guy in the ad probably could get it up with a two ton crane. Yeah, gotta love those 70 year-old 172 flying stud muffins.

12FE367F-A109-4188-A408-731EACDA6DB5.jpeg
4FD6F06F-392D-41F9-87D5-F7A4183119AA.jpeg
0070EACB-A5C8-44DF-A840-94A8769E6DF3.jpeg

They couldn't pay me to put one of their engines in my plane.

Has anyone else used the word ‘speed’ in a 172 ad?

Back