I'm in love, this time, I think I'm really in love

woodstock said:
I am surprised no one commented on the title to this thread... doesn't it make ANYONE here hum??

I must be getting old. It made perfect sense to me with no hum.

Joe

F.W. Birdman said:
Like I said, it's a great VFR, maybe light IFR, airplane.

The DA20 Eclipse is not IFR certified. You can use it as an IFR trainer in VMC, but not IMC.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Love, or something damn near like it's got a hold of me..."

wbarnhill said:
No clue... you old farts and your music...

:D
Thread creep: you young punks and YOUR music. The 21-year old tech working for me has such an extreme taste in music that I swear I can't even HEAR the words, let alone understand them. It makes heavy metal seem like it belongs on "light rock" radio stations!

We've already made an agreement: I don't play my music (which doesn't embarass me when others hear it) and he doesn't play his. Now if I could get him to tone down that stupid ringtone of his...

Lisa, you WIN. yay!! that is exactly right.

and William, you should know I JUST got carded this afternoon buying champagne. and the checkout person was really surprised when I showed her my ID. considering I turn FORTY next week (OMG) I am pretty happy. so watch your tongue lest you be sleeping in my garage when you come visit my new house down in SC.

ignore the fact that I've had any champagne this afternoon.

Well, you've got 5 days on me, then, but I'll try not to tease you about it too often. Congratulations anyhow, because 40 is the new.... something.

Brian Austin said:
Thread creep: you young punks and YOUR music. The 21-year old tech working for me has such an extreme taste in music that I swear I can't even HEAR the words, let alone understand them. It makes heavy metal seem like it belongs on "light rock" radio stations!

We've already made an agreement: I don't play my music (which doesn't embarass me when others hear it) and he doesn't play his. Now if I could get him to tone down that stupid ringtone of his...
Well I actually enjoy all kinds of music (minus country and rap), so as long as you didn't get into those genres, I'd be fine with you playing your music :)

woodstock said:
Lisa, you WIN. yay!! that is exactly right.

WoHoo!! I NEVER win anything. :D Now if I could just get AOPA to pick my name for that sweepstakes! (And I am within the age "range" for that song too)

ah, to be forty again ....

"Long ago, and oh, so far away"

The old man turns to his wife and says "Ya know, I could trade you in on two 20 year olds."
She says "Honey, you're not wired for 220..."

woodstock said:
Yes, it's true. I flew a Diamond Eclipse and I'm now a low wing convert. My God what a sweet and beautiful plane. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and I will have come to my senses and be ready to go back to the practical side, but for now... sigh. what fun.

Love those Diamonds! I've never flown an Eclipse, but the Star is a very versatile, fun bird. I'd imagine the difference between the two is somewhat akin to 152 vs. 172, but I've never flown a 152 either. Well, unless you count that time in 5th grade that my uncle took me up, let me take the controls, and I almost rolled it... :D

If I bought an airplane today, it'd be a DA40.

OK, fine. Maybe tomorrow it'd be a DA40. Today, it'd be an Extra. :yes:

wesleyj said:
I had to take up the helicopter because they got rid of all of the good airplanes at out airport and got the DAs, I cant close the canopy and set in a DA at the same time, They are getting a lot of resistance because of the awkward entry and the stick mounted where it is.

Huh? :dunno: They're tight, but at 6'4" I can fit in a DA40 OK. If I didn't have a Lightspeed headset, I'd fit in better. My headband is very thick.

Also, I find it easier to get into than any other plane, mostly because I don't have to try and curl into a little ball and squirm across to the other side (Piper) or try and get my legs in without stepping on the step (which would cause me to get a little too intimate with the underside of the wing) on a Cessna. Finding the handhold is the hardest part of getting into the Diamond.

Brian Austin said:
We've already made an agreement: I don't play my music (which doesn't embarass me when others hear it) and he doesn't play his.

Brian,

I bet his music doesn't embarrass him when others hear it either. ;) :rolleyes:

flyingcheesehead said:
Huh? :dunno: They're tight, but at 6'4" I can fit in a DA40 OK. If I didn't have a Lightspeed headset, I'd fit in better. My headband is very thick.

Also, I find it easier to get into than any other plane, mostly because I don't have to try and curl into a little ball and squirm across to the other side (Piper) or try and get my legs in without stepping on the step (which would cause me to get a little too intimate with the underside of the wing) on a Cessna. Finding the handhold is the hardest part of getting into the Diamond.

My problem is that i am 6'3". with only a 28 inch inseam, most of my height is from the waste up, where the DA is the shortest, couldnt wear a helmet flying the P51 for the same reason, have permanent wounds on the top of my head from the screws in the ceiling of the C45, have to fly it without cushions, just set on the bare parachute seat.

Last edited:
gkainz said:
ah, to be forty again ....

"Long ago, and oh, so far away"

The old man turns to his wife and says "Ya know, I could trade you in on two 20 year olds."
She says "Honey, you're not wired for 220..."

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. 40 is just a distant memory. Heck, my oldest turns 30 in November! :rolleyes:

wesleyj said:
My problem is that i am 6'3". with only a 28 inch inseam

Wow - I'm only one inch taller, but my legs are eight inches longer!

I can definitely see you having problems in the Diamond then... But remember that your dimensions are rather unusual. If I had your torso, I'd be 6'11"! :hairraise:

Beth .. I think that grin goes clear from ear to ear. Obviously you're
having fun.

Scott,

Are you telling me that this isn't the place to be talking about how I am fearing turning 30 in 2 years! :)

Just thought I would add some early morning hurmor!

CapeCodJay said:
Scott,

Are you telling me that this isn't the place to be talking about how I am fearing turning 30 in 2 years! :)

Just thought I would add some early morning hurmor!

Cape Cod is a small place... we can find you....

smigaldi said:
Just think of yourself as two twenty year olds :D

When my wife turns 40, that's what all trade her in for. :D

CapeCodJay said:

Hey, I'm turning 30 in two years! ago... :redface:

Back