"I'm a pilot." No you are not.

Like check out an instructor name, id, and date. (2008?) He might be able to tell you who he rode with.

You are on the right track, Aunt Peggy. Also look at the signature on each page, etc. Is that his signature?

-Skip

Some poor sap is probably missing his logbook. I'd try to get my hands on it and examine it closely, see if you can't figure out who it belongs to.

Yeah next time I see it I'll look at the N #'s. I doubt that they were private but if they are that's even better. If not, I'll look up the company and see if I can find the owner.

I wish that stealing a logbook had some sort of federal repercussion. I know several pilots that had theirs stolen by coworkers or other pilots. One of my CFI's broke up with his girlfriend (another CFI) and the day of his checkride for his ATP his book,certificates, medical, and ID were all gone. He was smart though, he had two of everything minus the ID and certs. Something to think about.

Yeah next time I see it I'll look at the N #'s. I doubt that they were private but if they are that's even better. If not, I'll look up the company and see if I can find the owner.

Why? :dunno:

So they can look up to see if it's someone's airplane and they stole the logbook from somewhere to impress someone else.

I don't normally go through my friends' possessions with the assumption they are stolen and I am going to return them to the rightful owner.

Just let it go. There are always people who will embellish. I've got people I know who are actually quite accomplished pilots (or EMTs or firefighters or whatever) who I've known for years and I was present at some of the events they claim. The stories tend to get taller with the telling. You just smile and go on.

If you're in the south, you can always add the comment "Bless your heart."

You aren't vetted for CGS? You went into the FRZ and did not have permission!?!?!
I read this and started thinking "Dang, I must be full of crap too". Hell, I've been a pilot for 11 years and I've never heard the term 'CGS' before. What a fraud I must be. Thanks Google. Found out it must be an east coast thing. Dang foreigners. (had me worried)

Just let it go. There are always people who will embellish. I've got people I know who are actually quite accomplished pilots (or EMTs or firefighters or whatever) who I've known for years and I was present at some of the events they claim. The stories tend to get taller with the telling. You just smile and go on.

If you're in the south, you can always add the comment "Bless your heart."

Seriously. You call this guy your friend. This is a semi-anonymous internet forum. Lose friend over random internet advice? Mine own included? If it bothers you, address it with him. Otherwise live with it or live without him.

Seriously. You call this guy your friend. This is a semi-anonymous internet forum. Lose friend over random internet advice? Mine own included? If it bothers you, address it with him. Otherwise live with it or live without him.

:yeahthat: -Skip

We need a stolen valor law for fake pilots<sarcasm>:rolleyes: I'm sure plenty of dorkjob pilots would be all for it.:yikes::D

I read this and started thinking "Dang, I must be full of crap too". Hell, I've been a pilot for 11 years and I've never heard the term 'CGS' before. What a fraud I must be. Thanks Google. Found out it must be an east coast thing. Dang foreigners. (had me worried)
I knew what CGS was long before becoming a pilot because I was supposed to learn about project management at one point in my carreer (Cost of Goods Sold).

Just look your friend up in the federal database. He is either there, or he is not there...

I've heard similar statements about other ex-wives, but not sure if it applied to fencing.

My ex didn't know which end of the thing to grasp.
Paul
N1431A
N83803
2AZ1

So this is what that sign on the fence at the airport is for. 1800 GA SECURE. :rofl:

Greg,

What other offsetting qualities make this guy a friend? When people constantly tell me things we both know are not true, I feel disrespected.

Sounds to me like he's a friend to you but YOU are a very good friend to him. Not sure Id have the patience for that

Sounds like cheap entertainment to me!

I wish that stealing a logbook had some sort of federal repercussion. I know several pilots that had theirs stolen by coworkers or other pilots. One of my CFI's broke up with his girlfriend (another CFI) and the day of his checkride for his ATP his book,certificates, medical, and ID were all gone. He was smart though, he had two of everything minus the ID and certs. Something to think about.
That is so wrong.

For sport; I'd be inclined to begin asking this fellow silly questions, such as:

On you PPL checkride ... when demonstrating the snap-roll on takeoff, did
the DPE allow you choose the direction? Or, did he specify the direction of
the roll?

For sport; I'd be inclined to begin asking this fellow silly questions, such as:

the roll?

LOL :rofl:

Greg,

What other offsetting qualities make this guy a friend? When people constantly tell me things we both know are not true, I feel disrespected.

Other than aviation BS he's a knowledgeable guy. He taught me a lot about the rails, mainly locomotive trivia. Also helped me get into model RR and model aircraft.

the roll?

That's a good one... Let's ask

bigblockz8 [5:12:49pm]: Hey on your PPL checkride when demonstrating the snap-roll on takeoff, did the DPE allow you choose the direction? Or did he specify the direction of the roll?
RRmaster92 [5:15:09pm]: DPE?
RRmaster92 [5:15:22pm]: Is that the airport I did mine at dca
bigblockz8 [5:16:01pm]: DPE, the examiner for your checkride. DCA? I thought they didn't allow general aviation?
RRmaster92 [5:16:48pm]: They allow jets for business
bigblockz8 [5:17:01pm]: You took your checkride in a jet :O
RRmaster92 [5:18:28pm]: No I took in a prop plane
bigblockz8 [5:19:01pm]: Oh..what type?
RRmaster92 [5:19:13pm]: Like a Cessna
bigblockz8 [5:19:21pm]: Ah cool. So what maneuvers did you do?
RRmaster92 [5:20:23pm]: The usual
bigblockz8 [5:21:28pm]: What's usual? Like loops, spins, hammerheads, cuban 8's, chandelles or other stuff?
RRmaster92 [5:22:00pm]: yep all of that! Did a flare on landing to
bigblockz8 [5:22:28pm]: Flare? What's that?
RRmaster92 [5:23:42pm]: You like go up and then wait until the airplane falls forward and then increase n1
bigblockz8 [5:24:38pm]: N1? What's special about N1?
RRmaster92 [5:25:02pm]: Its another word for giving the airplane more gas, you should know that if you want to solo!
bigblockz8 [5:25:58pm]: So you flew a Cessna and did all of this? Was it a 182, 199,208,207,172, 127,170,150,151, 152, which model?
RRmaster92 [5:26:01pm]: I've flown all of those but the 182 took the test in the 172 tho
RRmaster92 [5:26:12pm]: gtg ttyl

Well that was...fun.

You should probably order your friend some epaulets with stripes.

During the B17 event at KAPA couple weeks ago we had 2 little kids (probably 8 for the boy, 10 for the girl) who were decked out in complete alirline gear, including the 4 stripe epaulets, white shirt & tie, hat, etc.

Most of our YE pilots were wearing shorts, sneakers & tshirts.

Needs to take lessons from this kid...

4b94241c-0389-fe16.jpg

(Shamelessly lifted from the Colorado Aviation Photographers group on Facebook. Which is overloaded with awesome photographers right now and great photos. Some really nice stuff of the fire bombers.)

He was probably there to meet her....

4b94241c-0411-4530.jpg

Hahaha. ;)

This reminds me of when I had recently finished my astronaut training. I had just landed my F-14 at March AFB, and was in a nearby bar explaining this to a very hot barmaid, when this clown comes up and claims he himself is a jet pilot. I brought him back to earth when I told him I was also an astronaut.

He did give me some funny looks though. I guess he couldn't believe that someone who looked like me, long hair, old Levies, GD T shirt, could be doing such things. I had to explain to him it was because I was a CIA operative, so it was necessary for my undercover work. I was infiltrating the hippies at the time. Actually just one of them, very cute little love child, but of course I couldn't tell them about that.

Anyway, the barmaid didn't seem to believe me either. Funny world.

-John

I think you should just send a thread link of this site to your "friend". That should pretty much take care of it.

I think you should just send a thread link of this site to your "friend". That should pretty much take care of it.
Then he'll know he's been betrayed in post #70. That'll get really interesting then.

Then he'll know he's been betrayed in post #70. That'll get really interesting then.
Nah - he'll say he was the one who started this site, and that he was just blowing smoke in that post because he knew he was being set up.

> I told him I was also an astronaut ...

Every summer, I attend a party ... That involves floatplanes, friends, food and beer. One of the attendees is an honest to goodness, retired astronaut. We
Had a new guy attending ... And he had not yet been fully introduced to everybody.

So, it's past midnight. A drunk front has blown thru. The stories are getting, um, grander. We've got quite a collection of VARIED experience. Airline pilots, airshow pilots, a C130 pilot, a P51 and Seafury owner, an honest to goodness test pilot, a Citatation X DPE and us GA hanger-on'ers.

Somebody told a story ... And the retired astronaut replies, "that reminds me of something interesting that happened on my 3rd Shuttle flight ...

New guy interrupts with, "BULLS#!T! There's always some a-hole who claims he's a fighter pilot ... An astronaut? Three Shuttle flights? BULLS#IT!"

The room got REAL quiet. The retired astronaut listens politely, and says, "You're right, I didn't make three Shuttle flights ... <insert dramatic pause> ... I did four Shuttle flights."

All of us are trying to tell the new guy, "He really did four Shuttle flights."

Last edited:
Other than aviation BS he's a knowledgeable guy. He taught me a lot about the rails, mainly locomotive trivia. Also helped me get into model RR and model aircraft.

How do you know his RR knowledge imparted to you isn't also BS?

That's a good one... Let's ask

bigblockz8 [5:12:49pm]: Hey on your PPL checkride when demonstrating the snap-roll on takeoff, did the DPE allow you choose the direction? Or did he specify the direction of the roll?
RRmaster92 [5:15:09pm]: DPE?
RRmaster92 [5:15:22pm]: Is that the airport I did mine at dca
bigblockz8 [5:16:01pm]: DPE, the examiner for your checkride. DCA? I thought they didn't allow general aviation?
RRmaster92 [5:16:48pm]: They allow jets for business
bigblockz8 [5:17:01pm]: You took your checkride in a jet :O
RRmaster92 [5:18:28pm]: No I took in a prop plane
bigblockz8 [5:19:01pm]: Oh..what type?
RRmaster92 [5:19:13pm]: Like a Cessna
bigblockz8 [5:19:21pm]: Ah cool. So what maneuvers did you do?
RRmaster92 [5:20:23pm]: The usual
bigblockz8 [5:21:28pm]: What's usual? Like loops, spins, hammerheads, cuban 8's, chandelles or other stuff?
RRmaster92 [5:22:00pm]: yep all of that! Did a flare on landing to
bigblockz8 [5:22:28pm]: Flare? What's that?
RRmaster92 [5:23:42pm]: You like go up and then wait until the airplane falls forward and then increase n1
bigblockz8 [5:24:38pm]: N1? What's special about N1?
RRmaster92 [5:25:02pm]: Its another word for giving the airplane more gas, you should know that if you want to solo!
bigblockz8 [5:25:58pm]: So you flew a Cessna and did all of this? Was it a 182, 199,208,207,172, 127,170,150,151, 152, which model?
RRmaster92 [5:26:01pm]: I've flown all of those but the 182 took the test in the 172 tho
RRmaster92 [5:26:12pm]: gtg ttyl

Well that was...fun.

Wow. He's got time in the 199 and 127, but not the 182? I'm impressed.

Back