IFR refresh training

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Was this site discussed?
If you have purchased, send your recommendation.
Is it geared to the new IFR pilot or for initial IA training?
Does the $89 cover everything shown on the linked page?

The overall company produces some solid content. I’m a customer and like the items I have purchased.

Their monthly scenario discussions are a favorite

I haven't done that course, but I did their Skew-T training. I agree with AggieMike.

Sign up for their newsletter. They offer trials and parts of the offerings are often make public as a loss leader.

I won't give a specific recommendation but that's because I'd have to include a disclaimer as an interested party.

Was this site discussed?

Disclosure: I helped create the product.

This product has been around for long enough to gather a lot of feedback about it. We've received comments from instrument students, rusty IFR pilots and people who recently passed their instrument ride but didn't feel comfortable actually flying in the system. It's helped all 3 audiences. The ground refresher material isn't designed to help you pass the written, rather it's there to help understand what is helpful to know about instrument flying, grouped by phase of flight. The ground refresher has resonated very well with all of the audiences who have purchased the product. Some people prefer the sim footage (which includes ATC interaction through an online service), while others prefer the real world cockpit footage.

If memory serves, there is a ForeFlight primer that is included, but that has undergone so much change at this point, the info in that section is not as relevant. The rest, though, has held up very well. There's a mix of ground refresher material, sim footage and real world cockpit footage. It should help in understanding the flow of end to end IFR flights and many of the situations which you'll encounter.

Disclosure: I helped create the product.
Thanks, Coma.

I have been rated about 15 years and was looking for something to refresh that during winter evenings.

I can't really tell what is in the box, I just wrote them.
Ie it appears that the 10 or so portions of flight videos and the ground training is included.
Is there also a monthly newsletter?

I can't really tell what is in the box, I just wrote them.
Ie it appears that the 10 or so portions of flight videos and the ground training is included.
Is there also a monthly newsletter?

It should include the ground refresher and the simulated/real flights. There isn't a monthly newsletter associated with the Real World IFR product, but you might be thinking of IFR Mastery, which is a series of recurring scenarios (one new one published each month. Mastery has a vast library of previous scenarios since the program has been running for some time.

Was this site discussed?
Keith Smith is the sole performer in this production. He is a careful and deliberate professional. His preflight briefings are thorough; postflight debriefs recap decisive moments of the flight.
The flights are fast-paced. Keith is flying his Lancair in real-life, or a simulated Bonanza.
Regarding Pilot Workshops other materials, I have used the VFR version as I recovered from Rusty Pilot syndrome, and found it well-produced and a good value overall.

Was this site discussed?

Price seems to be $129 now. I know we have inflation, but....

Back