If I won the Lottery

Steve Foley

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Steve Foley
Last week there was a thread about the impossible turn. Later turns out the poster had to do an impossible turn.

Yesterday there was the table saw thread.

These things come in threes, ya know.

I just figured I'd start a thread about what I'd do if I won the lottery. (Easy answer - buy a plane)

I could care less if you won the lottery. :nonod:

Now if I won, well......

:D:D:D

I'd employ a massage therapist full time -
( the correct kind not the "red light" kind )

and I"d keep the decathlon for a while and maybe upgrade once I learned the basics in acro....

Phenom and a Pilatus. and P51 w/guns and an airport with a shooting range to blow **** up.

Last edited:
I like your logic, Steve. Following that same logic I would avoid posting in Never Again if I were you though.:nono:

Keep the Aztec and probably augment it with an Aerostar or a 421.

Also quit my day job and fly puppies full time.

Twinkie, HondaJet, Husky, Swift, P-51, Seawind, Duo Discus... Yeah, I'd run out of money pretty quick. :D

Lottery winnings go HERE.....

2040058757_b850d22ab1.jpg

You guys are thinking waaay too small!!

Yea...I'd look good in this.

Javelin-Silver-Left2.jpg

I like oddball Warbirds. P-51? Meh. Great plane but they are everywhere. They're making some new ME-262's and that would be one I'd bite on. Maybe a Grumman Goose or Widgeon or maybe PBY to get to my beach house!

Be that as it may, I feel very fortunate to have my little Tiger. :)

If I won the lottery...

I'd love to have the time and $$$ to build an airplane. I don't know
which one, but I know I'd love to have the hangar space, shop space,
all the various tools, plus the airplane.

It's called a Javelin and their website is down so I'm unsure of the status. Another cool one to have would be the ViperJet.

His and Hers Harmon Rockets, a King Air for puppies and people in need, Marquis JetCard for when we feel like going relatively point to point domestically without logging PIC, rewards card of some ilk (to put my extensive monthly expenditures on) for 1st Class travel worldwide.

Not that I've thought about it . . . :)

It's called a Javelin and their website is down so I'm unsure of the status. Another cool one to have would be the ViperJet.
Javelin is out of business. They were local here. I always thought flying one would be cool...

Lottery Aircraft? Well, this one is for those times you just want to sit in the back and drink....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CAUBCPY3.jpg
    CAUBCPY3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 124
  • CA2923Y7.jpg
    CA2923Y7.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 123
  • CAI78T8V.jpg
    CAI78T8V.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 123
  • CAWVY1SR.jpg
    CAWVY1SR.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 123
  • CAJ19V1N.jpg
    CAJ19V1N.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Ooh. Add the 185 and a Dornier SeaStar and a King Air and... Waitaminute, now I need more winning lottery tickets.

If you're gonna sit somewhere and drink, might as well be on the ground. And it sure as heck wouldn't be in the back of a Scarebus. :no:

I've wanted a PC-7 since I saw this one in Durango, or was it Gunnison...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pilatus PC-7 [800x600].jpg
    Pilatus PC-7 [800x600].jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 115
If you like the PC-7, see the movie "Skydance". I believe it's on HULU. Great PC-7 flying all through the movie. (not much of a plot, but great flying!)

I could care less if you won the lottery. :nonod:

Now if I won, well......

:D:D:D

Glad you could care less. I couldn't. :D:D:D

Now if I won....

I have simple tastes. A new glass panel 182 would do nicely. Oh, and I'd quit my job so I'd have time to fly it.

Skydance has some great aviation video and even some awesome scenery...

...But I don't get it. He flies a race with his flaps down. He has to make an off field landing because of a failed alternator...which is not an engine problem. He flies into military airspace 2 seconds after skimming the ground and being picked up by military radar. After which he flies into a thunderstorm which he saw coming....and somehow he still gets the girl! Am I missing something or should I just ignore that and enjoy the aviation scenes?

This is what happens when pilots watch aviation movies.

Skydance has some great aviation video and even some awesome scenery...

...But I don't get it. He flies a race with his flaps down. He has to make an off field landing because of a failed alternator...which is not an engine problem. He flies into military airspace 2 seconds after skimming the ground and being picked up by military radar. After which he flies into a thunderstorm which he saw coming....and somehow he still gets the girl! Am I missing something or should I just ignore that and enjoy the aviation scenes?

This is what happens when pilots watch aviation movies.

I wonder if her aerobatic motorcycle helmet is DOT approved... :D

Bad acting, bad plot, but pretty airplanes :yesnod:

I like oddball Warbirds. P-51? Meh. Great plane but they are everywhere. They're making some new ME-262's and that would be one I'd bite on. Maybe a Grumman Goose or Widgeon or maybe PBY to get to my beach house!

Exactly. I'd probably go that route, except with Soviet/Russian hardware. Maybe throw in some American stuff (rare warbirds, like the OV-1B that's for sale right now), but focus mostly on foreign stuff. Prop and early jet stuff, no real fancy planes.

That TBM is missing an engine. ;)

I suppose if I had a ton of money I'd probably convince myself on an MU-2 or Turbine Commander as well, even though TPE-331s and I have a few issues with eachother, primarily the noise levels. But I still believe the romance of aviation is in piston aircraft, and if I'm rich I can hopefully afford to keep more romance and less schedule in my life.

Ok, I'll change, er add to my previous answer. I want a Starship. They are SOOOOOOOo cool.

You guys are thinking waaay too small!!

Yea...I'd look good in this.

Javelin-Silver-Left2.jpg

Javelin was based here in Denver and they went bellyup about the same time as Adam Aircraft. It was a bad time for aircraft manufacturer startups.

As for the lottery, I'm buying a big red Staggerwing or maybe a Spartan Executive.

Spartan_Executive_NC17682_01A.JPG

Saw this on the ramp the other day. Thought it would fit into my 'lottery' hangar:

Attachments

• IMG00090.jpg
    IMG00090.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 28
snip..

I just figured I'd start a thread about what I'd do if I won the lottery. (Easy answer - buy a plane)

Big money can go fast if not careful. You may be spending a lot of time fending off strangers as a lot of winners do. And, it seems that many a lottery winners end up Bankrupt after several years. But, of course, us Pilots are likely to be wiser, right?

About 20 years ago, I felt like I hit the lottery when after I got laid off, I had found a new job (at about 2/3 pay), but in my dream location 1200 miles away, and was finally able to buy not just a home, but some small acreage. When I had worked at an Aerospace company, the pay was decent, but I could not afford a home (CA) of any size...

an old straight tail 182 with a towhook a bank account earning enough interest to keep a towpilot on staff.

Back