Ice Pilots on YT

Actually, it is uncommon to this type, a flying boat with retract gear.

More people have probably gotten hurt by inadvertently putting the gear down on a water landing with an amphib/flying-boat, just because it is part of their 'flow' and they didn't think about what they where doing.

Granted. I suspect (perhaps not validly) that these military pilots don't have previous flying-boat experience that would translate into an error of gear operation.

Granted. I suspect (perhaps not validly) that these military pilots don't have previous flying-boat experience that would translate into an error of gear operation.

My understanding from listening to the series on one ear while working on something else was that they where otherwise experienced pilots but new to flying boats.

It was my impression that when the tanker geared up it only Turks were on board. Remember Jeremy had gone home and the two contract pilots bolted upon delivery. Arnie was on the ground when hit happened.

No, only one of the contract guys bolted...

Just read on the show's web site that they have been picked up for a second season:smile:

Thanks OP for letting us know about this show. I've been waiting for a good "reality tv" type show that focuses on some part of aviation... because all other reality tv just ain't worth watching. I'm going to *TRY* to limit myself to one episode a day.

Just read on the show's web site that they have been picked up for a second season:smile:

And the good news keeps coming!

so NWPilot, it is now 1030pmCST Wed and no episode 12!!!
waitingwaitingwaiting!

I wonder what it would take to get the Ice Pilots to unceremoniously air-drop Jon & Kate along with the Kardashians somewhere above the Arctic Circle?

Trapper John

I wonder what it would take to get the Ice Pilots to unceremoniously air-drop Jon & Kate along with the Kardashians somewhere above the Arctic Circle?

Trapper John

rofl, I'm sure we could all come up with a few more to add to that list.

Time to launch a campaign to get ICE PILOT NWT on HISTORY.COM and in the US. I suggest everyone who's enjoyed the show, post a request for the show via their website.
Thanks to NW_Pilot for giving me a chance to see it. And Thanks to Dave for starting this thread.

Time to launch a campaign to get ICE PILOT NWT on HISTORY.COM and in the US. I suggest everyone who's enjoyed the show, post a request for the show via their website.
Thanks to NW_Pilot for giving me a chance to see it. And Thanks to Dave for starting this thread.

Done. It's in their best interest anyways. I'm either going to illegally watch it, or watch it on their channel with adds.

Last edited:
Likely Thur again.
Isn't Buffalo Joe the picture of Management Skills Perfected? "F-this, G-D that, you guys are jacking me around!!"

I will be on a flight this Wednesday i will try and get ep13 up as soon as I can. Lets hope the hotel Wednesday night has a good internet connection..

I will be on a flight this Wednesday i will try and get ep13 up as soon as I can. Lets hope the hotel Wednesday night has a good internet connection..

Awesome, thanks for posting all of these NW_Pilot.

Which hotel? We'll call and have a T1 line installed.

I am deleting this link to episode 13 as I have not been able to use my computer since. I believe it is sending malware with the video.

Last edited:
No.
Willflyforfree has always been safe for me.
But Epi 13 is not up there yet.
They go to Resolute and Eureka!

Does anyone know what tracking system they used to watch the CL215's crossing the Atlantic? I was trying to see what it was and all I could tell was the word "Latitudes" on the map on their computer, but that can't be Google's latitude. You need a cell connection for that...

Back