Ice Pilots on YT

That is awesome. I gotta see that show! Its addicting. a million times better than ice road truckers.

go straight to episode 5!
#2 crapping out, but it won't feather when they try to secure it.
Now the weather is down to abt 300' blw snow, doing the BC app

I mean #2 engine is crapping out!
and spitting fire! Wow, last minute play for the runway, no chance for a g-a
Here I will link episodes 3,4,5:

ALASKA is twice the land mass of Texas

YUKON Territories is = to Alaska

CANADA is 10 times the land mass of ALASKA

just to put some accuracy on this.

ALASKA is twice the land mass of Texas

YUKON Territories is = to Alaska

CANADA is 10 times the land mass of ALASKA

just to put some accuracy on this.

...and it's still colder than poop stingles! :yikes:

That is just awesome. I would absolutely love to be doing that, even if it's stupid cold.

Favorite line: "These aren't like the planes that flew in World War II... they ARE the planes that flew in World War II."

I would too, but I would be one of those that would not last. Way too dark, too cold, too many equipment & people frustrations. But for one summer?....yeah-a!
Normally I hate "TV shows" but this was very real, warts and all. Only beeped out the worst cuss words.
Joe's son, the manager....he needs to pack it up and leave dad to his devices!

BTW....it is available for free online at History Channel Canada. For those in the US you will need to use a proxy to see it though, they block IP's from the states.

Great stuff. It's like Gann's "Fate is the Hunter" moved forward 50 years but with the same airplanes!

So who's ready to head to Canada?
I was until they mentioned -37° (I assume that's Celsius but either one is too cold for me) and I noticed that they all seem to spend a lot of time working outdoors in the cold.

Normally I hate "TV shows" but this was very real, warts and all.
Well it was real until they showed an animated clip where the outboard half of one wing fell off because the engine was vibrating:rolleyes:.

Of course you two will be "rampies" for the first six months or so, well unless either of you is a woman, they have a soft spot for female pilots! :)

Just let me ride in it every now and then and I'll be okay for those 6 months.

I was until they mentioned -37° (I assume that's Celsius but either one is too cold for me) and I noticed that they all seem to spend a lot of time working outdoors in the cold.
Too cold. I personally can't tell the difference between -35F and -37C

-37 C is -34.6 F

and -37 F is -38.33 C

Either way it is freaking cold!

I am hearing there are 10+ episodes out there, looks like this weekend is tied up.

Is this show even on TV anywhere? Been unable to find it.

It's on TV only in Canada, and their web site blocks US IP addresses from watching it online too. :-( Best place to find it here is that link I provided above.

I am hearing there are 10+ episodes out there, looks like this weekend is tied up.

Yup - 11 on that link I put in my previous post. I've gotten through 5. It's a lot like Ice Road Truckers, only with airplanes. :yes:

Back