IBTL

linuxjim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JJ
Seriously... If you want to talk about politics and presidential stuff, no matter what happened to you and/or your family, realize there are a lot of forums that are geared around that and encourage that. Take it there. Its Ok. In fact several of us participate there. This one happens to be called Pilots of America. Not Politics of America. All about pilot stuff.

So who's going flying this weekend? I'm probably grounded for the weekend because of the crappy weather.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PoA. Sanitized and deodorized by the management for your protection. LOL.

You do know @linuxjim that the place survived and even thrived for years and years with a special area just to talk politics in, right? LOL.

You won't see any evidence of it anymore, it was deleted so no one would ever know. Not kidding.

The modern day group running things decided one year that the whole place was coming apart at the seams, killed it, and started up the "New Era of Enlightenment" along with heavy moderation of topics.

We're kinda still in the "Inquisition" era/phase of political talk on PoA now. You'll probably find yourself in the Dungeon of Ban Hammers if you even mention the "Time Before the Enlightenment."

There's even an official rule that one must not speak of the Time Before Political Censorship. I'll probably get the Ban Hammer for mentioning that it ever existed. Hahaha.

(Not kidding. It really is a rule.)

The place, of course, survived and even thrived back then, just fine. A very vocal group of whiners just wanted it morphed into something else. These people are known as "The People Without Scroll Wheels", and their particular disability does make it difficult to participate in discussion boards, so it's kinda like the Americans With Disabilities Act... the site had to be made safe for them.

I was chuckling tonight when I saw that the latest thread lock was ... no kidding... out of an "abundance of caution" and we were all headed for the "abyss".

That was worth a hearty laugh. No offense to @Everskyward but you have to admit, that's pretty damned funny. The Ban Hammer of Caution is now the litmus test. We've gone all the way from "timeout for personal attacks" down to "lock that thread, it looks dangerous!"

Considering the place was originally founded to get away from over-moderation at AOPA the whole thing is pretty funny. Looooooong time ago.

Irony abounds in that history. You probably won't find much about that anywhere on the site anymore either, but it built the site to what it is today. It used to be pretty prominently displayed in a history area as a sticky.
If we could only find a way to preemptively lock ALL threads -- the PoA metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly would be complete!

All Hail The Mighty Thread Lock!

Can I have an Amen? :)

(Reverting back to my appropriate genuflecting toward the current clergy here.)

Oh ... and yes. I'm hoping the weather lets me take the 182 up this weekend. Might as well see if I remember how to fly the thing.

As for those worried about politics and politicians...

Just remember ...

Everyone in politics has trusted a fart that they shouldn't have. Just like you. :)

#everypoliticansharts

You do know @linuxjim that the place survived and even thrived for years and years with a special area just to talk politics in, right? LOL.

You won't see any evidence of it anymore, it was deleted so no one would ever know. Not kidding.

The modern day group running things decided one year that the whole place was coming apart at the seams, killed it, and started up the "New Era of Enlightenment" along with heavy moderation of topics.

We're kinda still in the "Inquisition" era/phase of political talk on PoA now. You'll probably find yourself in the Dungeon of Ban Hammers if you even mention the "Time Before the Enlightenment."

There's even an official rule that one must not speak of the Time Before Political Censorship. I'll probably get the Ban Hammer for mentioning that it ever existed. Hahaha.

The place, of course, survived and even thrived back then, just fine. A very vocal group of whiners just wanted it morphed into something else. These people are known as "The People Without Scroll Wheels", and their particular disability does make it difficult to participate in discussion boards, so it's kinda like the Americans With Disabilities Act... the site had to be made safe for them.

I was chuckling tonight when I saw that the latest thread lock was ... no kidding... out of an "abundance of caution" and we were all headed for the "abyss".

That was worth a hearty laugh. No offense to @Everskyward but you have to admit, that's pretty damned funny. The Ban Hammer of Caution is now the litmus test. We've gone all the way from "timeout for personal attacks" down to "lock that thread, it looks dangerous!"

Considering the place was originally founded to get away from over-moderation at AOPA the whole thing is pretty funny. Looooooong time ago.

Irony abounds in that history. You probably won't find much about that anywhere on the site anymore either, but it built the site to what it is today. It used to be pretty prominently displayed in a history area as a sticky.
If we could only find a way to preemptively lock ALL threads -- the PoA metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly would be complete!

Oh ... and yes. I'm hoping the weather lets me take the 182 up this weekend. Might as well see if I remember how to fly the thing.

Just remember ...

Everyone in politics has trusted a fart that they shouldn't have. Just like you. :)

#everypoliticansharts
Yep I was here while the spin zone existed. I looked in and thought "what a zoo", I thought I came to PILOTS of America. Look, if I went to BOA (Basket Weaving of America) and started spouting off about how awesome it is to be a pilot and everyone should see it my way; I would wholly expect and appreciate being "ban hammered.". This is not some 1st amendment BS. You've come to a topical forum (basket weaving). So talk about basket weaving, not piloting.

So who's weaving a basket this weekend?

Last edited:
Yep I was here while the spin zone existed. I looked in and thought "what a zoo", I thought I came to PILOTS of America. Look, if I went to BOA (Basket Weaving of America) and started spouting off about how awesome it is to be a pilot and everyone should see it my way I would wholly expect and appreciate being "ban hammered.". This is not some 1st amendment BS. You've come to a topical forum (basket weaving). So talk about basket weaving, not piloting.

So who's weaving a basket this weekend?

The "zoo" posts were incredibly easy to ignore.

And almost all of those folks also talked piloting just fine.

There was just a very vocal group of whiners who made up a fairy tale about it hurting the place. And it stuck.

I definitely didn't say anything about the First Amendment! LOL. That protects The People from Government stifling conversation about Government and that's it.

People complain about reading whole paragraphs anymore. It's highly unlikely those folks have actually read the Amendments. LOL.

Wordy bastards, those Constitutional writers. TL;DR!

A reminder of the message you see when you create a thread:

NOTE: Politics and religion and any other topic likely to become highly charged are not allowed, and threads may be deleted or closed if they start or trend, respectively, towards "spin" topics.
We try not to be "zero tolerance", and the original thread in question was allowed to continue when it was first posted as long as it stuck to being about the peaceful transfer of power and did not stray too far into partisan bashing. But there are always people who remind us of why we have that rule and the thread was closed.

I think POA management has currently struck a great balance, under difficult conditions.
Things are So. Much. Better. than ~a year ago. Are some of those old threads around for people to see? There was so much ugly ****-throwing going on that many fun and interesting people with really good aviation knowledge simply packed up and left. It's like many things; we forget how vile it had become.
I am grateful there are unlimited number of places on the net for such people to go and spew, so a) their rights to free speech are provided for and b) POA can be a civil place.

All chat sites or internet forums will devolve to the lowest possible form in the absence of moderation. I have seen an active aviation forum with over a thousand members lose the moderators and then become nothing more than vulgar post thrown at vulgar post, until there were only FIVE active members left!

Thank you POA management!

To those that think it should be something else, I seriously and respectfully encourage you to form your own site embracing the values which more closely reflect your own; or to join one of the many others out there which suit you.

How about opening up 'Spin Zone' again and having poa management ban themselves. Call it something else like 'Verbal Harmony'. They can pretend that it doesn't exist. The Piper Forum has an 'Off Topics' section for political discussion, seems to be fine. No locked threads, in fact I don't recall Management having much of a presence on the Piper Forum at all. Occasionally, asking for donations, that is it. Hmmm....maybe the problem is...uh never mind.

Some of us have seen firsthand the results of unfettered keyboard diarrhea back in the heyday of USENET and ended up here.

You will not here me complain about the moderators - they deserve our thanks, even if sometimes we disagree with the details.

Where is mxsmanic when you need him? (Would you believe that his youtube channel has about 4 million views, and not one video of him watching the "autopilot" fly his "airplane" on his computer?)

Some of us have seen firsthand the results of unfettered keyboard diarrhea back in the heyday of USENET and ended up here.

You will not here me complain about the moderators - they deserve our thanks, even if sometimes we disagree with the details.

Where is mxsmanic when you need him? (Would you believe that his youtube channel has about 4 million views, and not one video of him watching the "autopilot" fly his "airplane" on his computer?)
Mx has a youtube channel? gadzooks, youtube will accept anything!

History ALWAYS repeats itself. Always. One day, PoA will implode for one reason or another. Some savvy MySQL guys will fire up a "screw PoA, this place is for you guys" site and for awhile we will talk chit about PoA. Then slight moderation, a few members get "promoted" they enjoy keeping things a bit more pure, suspensions get handed out, some members leave, the forums expand, moderation gets heavier, people get tired of being told to shut up, nuclear war gets declared, members divide, the place implodes and afterwards a shell is left and the original organizers finally get tired of paying the bill and it dissolves.

I think we are in the "moderation gets heavy" stage right now.

Just remember ...

#everypoliticansharts

All true. But we're just following culture in general. Bubble wrap and safe spaces ever expanding.

This thread is bound for a lock, since post #1 was about a locked thread. Opening a thread about a locked thread to tell people not to discuss the topic of the locked thread? My head is spinning.

Then it went to discussion of the MC, their actions, the goals and appropriate use of POA... Head still spinning.

I can say this about the MC: When I've reported a thread or post the matter was resolved fairly. When others have reported a thread or post of mine I was treated fairly.

Hard to ask for more than that from a volunteer group monitoring a free service.

All true. But we're just following culture in general. Bubble wrap and safe spaces ever expanding.

This has become prevalent in many quarters I agree. And some of the extremes I have read about elsewhere, especially examples on campuses, range from the humorously absurd to the outrageously offensive. Those that advocate limiting speech by wrapping their demands in their imaginary security blanket of "tolerance" are often the most militantly intolerant of all.

However, coming back to this forum, I find it equally intolerant when those expecting a reasonable amount of civility in the discourse here are accused of being overly-sensitive or conflated with safe-space advocates.

How about opening up 'Spin Zone' again and having poa management ban themselves.
There is nothing stopping you from leaving PoA and starting your own message board with your own time and money.

This is how PoA is run. I like how PoA is run, many people like how PoA is run hence there are so many people on PoA.

*************************Caution**************************************
Take deep breaths....and everyone man your safe spaces
*************************Caution**************************************

Its not about safe spaces or feelings being hurt.

Most of the ugliness was directed at others, not me.
So, for me, it's about wasting my time listening to people spewing unnecessary crap at each other.

I get that there exists in society a subset of people who have an ongoing need to express themselves through pointless and heated argumentation.
I resist the idea that POA has to be the place for that.

Its not about safe spaces or feelings being hurt.

Most of the ugliness was directed at others, not me.
So, for me, it's about wasting my time listening to people spewing unnecessary crap at each other.

I get that there exists in society a subset of people who have an ongoing need to express themselves through pointless and heated argumentation.
I resist the idea that POA has to be the place for that.

There were plenty of real discussions that weren't heated by plenty of folks who could defend a position without malice.

The "history rewrite" of what actually occurred back then, is impressive though.

Some of you need to be more sensitive to the feelings of others. After all, the least bit of heat will cause a snowflake to melt.

You're sooo mean. I'm gonna take a nap now.

I'm curious if there is any correlation between Lib/Con and liked having spin zone/was bothered by it?

Did my young eagle flights this morning,had a lunch with the crew. Have had enough talking politics for awhile.

There's a reason I went from being one of the top 5 posters (I'd argue in both quality and quantity, but certainly st least in quantity) to a mere visitor who rarely chimes in anymore.

POA has changed a bunch over the last 10 years. It went from being a place to hang out and discuss whatever to a place akin to a college "safe zone" where trigger warnings should precede any post that might actually generate debate.

And the best part was when we were told that the Spin Zone was spilling over, despite there never being any evidence of that outside of a new moderators claims of such (note that the other moderators only said the same much later).

Also worth pointing out that the one area that was claimed to be "moderator free" was the area that the moderators chose to moderate most heavily.

Oh, and don't forget the super important changes to the classifieds! Can't have a classifieds section without over the top uniformism.

Fun stuff. This is a great site if you stick to the following topics:

1. Should I buy this headset?
2. Can I log this?
3. Is AOPA worth the money?
4. What plane should I buy?

The best part is that they can shut down the site to new posts now because those questions have all been answered. But don't dare come here with a new thought. If it might rub someone the wrong way, the dear leaders will shutdown the thread and bring out the ban hammer.

I recommend some reading of posts from before Soin Zone existed. This site was filled with light handed moderators and posters with thick skins. No wonder it took over for the yellow board so easily.

Is there any way to see some of those gems from the 'good old days'? The deleted posts? I suggest we have forgotten the acid that was being spewed.

FWIW, I have, in the past, been a moderator on two forums for other hobbies I participate in. On both, most people were civil and many topics were discussed along with a lot of joking and hilarity unrelated to the subject. There are always those who will push their luck to the limit. Some got their fingers smacked and others got the hammer.

Would I take on that task again? No way in hell. If I'd wanted to take the abuse some mods get I'd have become a cop.

Just my two cents.

Too late, accomplished. :D

Storms in the middle of the night got my dog barking her head off, hence no sleep. And more tonight. :goofy:

I'm waiting to see if the tornado watch will end up bringing me a new car. Or at least take ours and dump it in someone else's yard cuz we sure don't want it anymore.

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

I'm waiting to see if the tornado watch will end up bringing me a new car. Or at least take ours and dump it in someone else's yard cuz we sure don't want it anymore.
So that is the purpose of a tornado? Ah...Good luck!

I'm curious if there is any correlation between Lib/Con and liked having spin zone/was bothered by it?

Not really. The people who approached me IN PERSON who were lobbying for a kinder gentler PoA before it happened asking if I would "support the cause", were certainly partisan, and a particular brand of it, but it wasn't their real beef. And I'm not kidding about the off site, real world lobbying. They were looking for allies to whine to management with.

At the event I was hardest lobbied at, there was only one PoA management person within a hundred miles and they weren't approached by the lobbyists while I was around. You'll see why below...

They were actually so upset, they walked around at events asking other PoA'ers opinion of their little "movement" long before it happened. I think it simply grew legs in that it gave them something to do.

You see, most who complained the loudest both on and off the board, were simply the worst at defending their positions. They didn't post anything deeper than [insert favorite political website's editorial links here].

My response back then, off site and on, was simple. I said I would have no problem at all if the personal attack rule was evenly and consistently enforced. That... was definitely not happening back then. It was the perfect rule, but wasn't implemented too well. No offense to the mods, but some had simply given up on doing it.

I also pitched an alternative in person, off site, that got little traction in person or online... a "three strikes" add on to that rule.

THIS is why, I believe, if they lobbied any of the management present, they did it when I wasn't around.

That obviously wasn't their ultimate goal, so I was carefully avoided, after I showed little interest in their witch hunt.

That stage of it was hilariously "cloak and dagger"... I'm not kidding when I say that individuals actually pulled me away from others and lowered their voices almost to a whisper when they pitched their little scheme. I thought it was harmless and would be ignored amongst adults tasked with evaluating such silliness. It wasn't.

This off site lobbying was short lived. And before it ever became a discussion online with the community here, it was implemented. Along with a rule that it wouldn't be discussed.

I think THAT was a biggest mistake, but water long under the bridge.

Anyone who actually knew the personalities, knew who the weak debaters were, it was blatantly obvious, who stirred the pot.

The people that really took it hard, were those who could actually muster up real information and interesting points. They got their butts handed to them by the mods because "the decisions have already been made".

Having been personally lobbied (and then dismissed as not useful to the cause) off site, I knew that was going to be their fate. They had no idea they were up against an in-person movement that was never discussed here openly. Dead before they even hit the ground.

Funny thing is, most of these lobbyists aren't here anymore and bailed not long after the changes. They debated poorly, caused problems for everyone else, ran off the good debaters by getting the rules changed, and never were seen again.

As soon as they got their wish, they left never to provide a single line of content again, aviation or otherwise.

They had no long term interest in this place as a community, and even LESS interest in it being a place for real honest discussion. As soon as they had nobody to be their archnemesis, they disappeared for good. Ironic perhaps.

Now we are quite a ways past those days, and normal attrition has caused the loss of a number of others, and we've picked up some new who never really saw any of this go down. Many who once had time for online discussions and contributed greatly now have real jobs, and houses, and spouses, and life changes, and simply faded away. That part is normal.

We've picked up new people who never saw it and get told repeatedly about the "bad old days", so they believe it. I can't say I blame them for that. It's just the usual rewrite of history by the "victors" that happens in any history book.

We essentially once had people who were passionate about providing a very open environment for discussion of all things in pilot's lives once... they specifically built the place to leave a place that went too far into moderation.

Then their passion waned, and they slowly handed off to new folks who honestly don't have that passion.

The new crew's passion is maintaining status quo, and they were actively lobbied by a vocal group of folks who really didn't have the skill set to even be in the SZ, reading it, let alone posting in there, who complained very loudly.

We had some folks back then who really knew their history and their facts who'd hand a standard Internet political "expert" their ass in ten pieces. And THOSE people kept it inside SZ for the most part. Then they'd wander out to the non-SZ area and be as intelligent as they were in SZ about aviation topics. Those people are missed.

The whiners who didn't like them? Long gone. Pulled up stakes and found something new somewhere else to whine about, I'm certain.

The destruction of a place for those smart folks to hang out, basically dumbed down the site considerably. There's really no other way to put it. I couldn't really hang in with that crowd but I loved reading their stuff. Best I could do was make a few observations from time to time.

The perennially offended who aren't even around anymore, were just the folks who couldn't keep up. They were passionate about their opinions, that they didn't come up with themselves... might be a good way of putting it. No depth to their convictions. No interest in discussion.

On a discussion board. A very key piece of information. Posting here naturally means you're here for a discussion. It also naturally means not everyone will agree with you.

Adults can usually handle this. They couldn't.

I'll happily state for the record that my response to the lobbyists was, "No, that's dumb. We're adults. You don't have to argue with that person, or change the rules because of them."

But the schoolyard mob wanted more. And got it. Even managed to get the entire history of it removed from the site so they can make up bigger and bigger tales about how bad it all was, without a smartass like me quoting a bunch of posts where they were just constantly getting their butts handed to them in debates.

I've said it since this all started. Either it's a discussion board or it's not. Aviation and everything else in life are hopelessly entwined in politics.

PBOR, regulations and regulators, FAA, BasicMed, voting for a politician who makes sure the lights stay on at Cessna, Garmin, whoever... tort reform, insurance, government loaning money to Boeing, you name it... it's all political.

The rules now are that such things must not be discussed with any passion. One may only meekly attempt an opinion, and if it bothers anyone, thread closed.

That's the legacy of the off site lobbyists. They aren't here anymore, haven't participated in a discussion here in years, but we all have to live with it now.

Everyone is being carefully taught that those were the bad old days.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you find a place where adults of differing opinions and political bents and backgrounds can have a real discussion about real life, and you enjoy it, don't assume you can just pat people who whine about not being able to handle it on the head and continue to enjoy the place.

Those who can't keep up will stop at absolutely nothing until they have hall monitors and crossing guards at every possible corner and location making sure nobody's feelings are ever hurt.

Then they'll leave as fast as they started whining about it all.

And they'll ALWAYS outnumber the intelligent debaters and discussion topic makers. That's just the bell curve in action.

I've hung out with partisans of both persuasions in person from this site. The really intelligent and interesting ones never were a part of the major movement to dumb down the place. To evoke a couple of names from ancient history, Steingar could go toe to toe with JeffDG and neither would go running to mommy afterward. Not too often anyway. Not that I saw.

It was the mediocre debaters and weak discussion skill set crowd who demanded and got the place lowered to discussions about airliner baggage bins.

The mediocre even ran off the FAR experts who weren't engaged in the political stuff.

There you go. You asked so I answered. Others probably feel differently and disagree with me, which has always been fine with me, but if they voice it, it'll look like an argument -- and the thread lock will hit before anyone has a chance to talk about it much.

Some people can't go back and forth between debating ketchup on hot dogs, airplanes on treadmills, cole slaw, and who to vote for every four Novembers, and not get butt hurt and have to start little whispering movements at picnics to make sure they're never bothered by their inability to scroll past a topic they have no depth in.

I, for one, enjoyed the wildly opinionated and varying opinions back then. It was a real discussion board. Many enjoy the utterly boring place it has become.

Who am I to complain? I don't. I just point out the history and chuckle. It's free after all. Whoever pays the bills can make the place whatever they like. Milquetoast is the Uniform of the Day. The people who made sure it became a dull brown instead of vibrant with color and interesting people, aren't even here anymore.

But no, they weren't really particularly single-minded partisans, more than they just sucked at debate and discussion. They made sure to forever change the site on their way to whatever they're doing now.

I do get frustrated with how its impossible to have politics in the discussions. So much of aviation is intertwined with political policy it does cause discussions to be truncated at times. Not complaining just making an observation. There is stuff here worthwhile otherwise I would hang around.

Not really. The people who approached me IN PERSON who were lobbying for a kinder gentler PoA before it happened asking if I would "support the cause", were certainly partisan, and a particular brand of it, but it wasn't their real beef. And I'm not kidding about the off site, real world lobbying. They were looking for allies to whine to management with.

At the event I was hardest lobbied at, there was only one PoA management person within a hundred miles and they weren't approached by the lobbyists while I was around. You'll see why below...

They were actually so upset, they walked around at events asking other PoA'ers opinion of their little "movement" long before it happened. I think it simply grew legs in that it gave them something to do.

You see, most who complained the loudest both on and off the board, were simply the worst at defending their positions. They didn't post anything deeper than [insert favorite political website's editorial links here].

My response back then, off site and on, was simple. I said I would have no problem at all if the personal attack rule was evenly and consistently enforced. That... was definitely not happening back then. It was the perfect rule, but wasn't implemented too well. No offense to the mods, but some had simply given up on doing it.

I also pitched an alternative in person, off site, that got little traction in person or online... a "three strikes" add on to that rule.

THIS is why, I believe, if they lobbied any of the management present, they did it when I wasn't around.

That obviously wasn't their ultimate goal, so I was carefully avoided, after I showed little interest in their witch hunt.

That stage of it was hilariously "cloak and dagger"... I'm not kidding when I say that individuals actually pulled me away from others and lowered their voices almost to a whisper when they pitched their little scheme. I thought it was harmless and would be ignored amongst adults tasked with evaluating such silliness. It wasn't.

This off site lobbying was short lived. And before it ever became a discussion online with the community here, it was implemented. Along with a rule that it wouldn't be discussed.

I think THAT was a biggest mistake, but water long under the bridge.

Anyone who actually knew the personalities, knew who the weak debaters were, it was blatantly obvious, who stirred the pot.

The people that really took it hard, were those who could actually muster up real information and interesting points. They got their butts handed to them by the mods because "the decisions have already been made".

Having been personally lobbied (and then dismissed as not useful to the cause) off site, I knew that was going to be their fate. They had no idea they were up against an in-person movement that was never discussed here openly. Dead before they even hit the ground.

Funny thing is, most of these lobbyists aren't here anymore and bailed not long after the changes. They debated poorly, caused problems for everyone else, ran off the good debaters by getting the rules changed, and never were seen again.

As soon as they got their wish, they left never to provide a single line of content again, aviation or otherwise.

They had no long term interest in this place as a community, and even LESS interest in it being a place for real honest discussion. As soon as they had nobody to be their archnemesis, they disappeared for good. Ironic perhaps.

Now we are quite a ways past those days, and normal attrition has caused the loss of a number of others, and we've picked up some new who never really saw any of this go down. Many who once had time for online discussions and contributed greatly now have real jobs, and houses, and spouses, and life changes, and simply faded away. That part is normal.

We've picked up new people who never saw it and get told repeatedly about the "bad old days", so they believe it. I can't say I blame them for that. It's just the usual rewrite of history by the "victors" that happens in any history book.

SNIPPED can't post over 10,000 characters lol

Ok, now I'm really offended, you are completely wrong, where's my safe space........

Actually, just kidding Nate, great synopsis, details I never knew, and spot on with the rest I did see. I knew some people needed to get a life, I just never knew how insignificant their lives were, shaking my head.

I do get frustrated with how its impossible to have politics in the discussions. So much of aviation is intertwined with political policy it does cause discussions to be truncated at times. Not complaining just making an observation. There is stuff here worthwhile otherwise I would hang around.

If you read through the threads, we actually allow various references to politics (because, as you say, it is intertwined with aviation). The line for where it crosses into political discussions can sometimes be blurry, but usually happens when people start arguing or making statements that are purely 100% political rather than actually non political.

More succinctly, which is my style (not @denverpilot), Pilots of America is a group of people with ONE common interest. Duh? It need not be a place dedicated SINGULARLY to conversation of that interest.

What other pilots think about politics, charity, social justice, and the like can be interesting to discuss.

Moderating name calling and vulgarity is needed. And like everyone, I sometimes need to be reminded of decorum.

I find it ironic that a forum that was started by Chuck to escape the heavy handed moderation (on what is now the Red board) has become so heavy handed. This 'place' has become a laughing stock among those that frequent multiple forums/groups. SMH...

Back