IACRA hour logging

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
My instructor signed me off for my instrument checkride!!! Yay!! So he had me starting my IACRA application. This is my first time using it. My private was done long before IACRA was a govt wastes wet dream. My log book isn’t set up to easily have solo separate from PIC time. I was using an excel worksheet to recalculate everything when my instructor called. I bemoaned what a PITA it is. He said all that crap is for private pilot cert and I don’t have to worry about putting that all in. The form doesn’t really have the right columns for logging if you are able to get the cert anyway. Any hints or clues?? Or is it just a do my best and get it close moment.

This stuff needs to show up on your application:
(d) Aeronautical experience for the instrument-airplane rating. A person who applies for an instrument-airplane rating must have logged:

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (g) of this section, 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command, of which 10 hours must have been in an airplane; and

(2) Forty hours of actual or simulated instrument time in the areas of operation listed in paragraph (c) of this section, of which 15 hours must have been received from an authorized instructor who holds an instrument-airplane rating, and the instrument time includes:
Beyond that, if you plan on losing your logbook, having current times on an application that the FAA has goes a long way toward rebuilding a logbook.

:yeahthat:
As the IACRA instructions (funny place to find this information) says:

The minimum pilot experience required by the appropriate regulation must be entered. It is recommended, however, that ALL pilot time be entered. Night flying must be entered when required. You should fill in the blocks that apply and ignore the blocks that do not.​

When I do IACRA for my CFI renewals, I enter no times at all.

The logbook if lost reconstruction is a good point and one which bears repeating, but even then (under) estimating a bit if you are not sure isn't a big deal. I don't bother because with my eLog and multiple backups, I'm not personally too worried about it.

Thanks. I’m just going to fill out as best as possible. Doesn’t hurt to fill in the fields as best I can. First time with this form. The “instruction sheet” was 90 pages that didn’t seem very helpful.

Enter the solo time you had on your private application. There is no additional solo time required for an instrument rating.

:yeahthat:
As the IACRA instructions (funny place to find this information) says:

The minimum pilot experience required by the appropriate regulation must be entered. It is recommended, however, that ALL pilot time be entered. Night flying must be entered when required. You should fill in the blocks that apply and ignore the blocks that do not.​

When I do IACRA for my CFI renewals, I enter no times at all.

The logbook if lost reconstruction is a good point and one which bears repeating, but even then (under) estimating a bit if you are not sure isn't a big deal. I don't bother because with my eLog and multiple backups, I'm not personally too worried about it.

And multi time, which is the most valuable, isn’t recorded on a certificate application.

Do I enter my test ID for my written exam or does my instructor do that??

Is there a place for it in the application?
I looked again. I submitted it and it didn’t ask for me. I though there might have been a part about where I selected part 61 or 141. (I’m 61) but I found nowhere to put in. I guess my instructor puts it in. I sent him the copy of my pass cert for the written. He hasn’t had an IFR student in a bit. CFI’ing is not his primary job. Something he likes to do for fun I think.

I looked again. I submitted it and it didn’t ask for me. I though there might have been a part about where I selected part 61 or 141. (I’m 61) but I found nowhere to put in. I guess my instructor puts it in. I sent him the copy of my pass cert for the written. He hasn’t had an IFR student in a bit. CFI’ing is not his primary job. Something he likes to do for fun I think.
I didn't think there was, but it's been a while so I wasn't sure. I'm not sure the knowledge test ID goes in anywhere.

Do I enter my test ID for my written exam or does my instructor do that??
The Instructor does it. It provides verification that the CFI has reveiewed the results, since any deficiencies on the test have to be addressed by the CFI prior to endorsing the applicant.

The Instructor does it. It provides verification that the CFI has reveiewed the results, since any deficiencies on the test have to be addressed by the CFI prior to endorsing the applicant.
Interesting...for the ATP, the examiner does it. I guess 'cause you don't need an endorsement for the ATP ride.

Back