IA renewals

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
We all know the A&P-IA renewal requirements.
Will the FAA cut us some slack because we are not allowed to work?

tom I will send you my logbooks and a parker pen for the 2 aircraft I now own. aka c19 annual.

Isnt aviation essential? Mechanics here are working away and planes be flying and CFI's teaching.

I have actually been really busy at work, trying to get our entire fleet ready for "the spike". What is that saying? Plan for the worst, hope for the best! :)

how are they dealing with the guys that could not make the deadline because the FSDO's were shut down. I got mine done like 1 day before they shut down, I was lucky.

you don't even have to buy anything, you can do 8 hours of the FAA's free online IA courses; done.

how are they dealing with the guys that could not make the deadline because the FSDO's were shut down. I got mine done like 1 day before they shut down, I was lucky.

With the various online courses, there's really no excuse not to meet the requirement before March 31st each year. Can't imagine someone waiting for an FAA seminar, then sees it cancelled, couldn't go online and do a Gleim course.

im not asking about getting the requirements done, the FSDO's shut down before march 31 i got mine signed right before they shut down. what are the people that did their recurrent or had the required amount of annuals or majors but can't get the FSDO to signoff on it going to doing and how is the FAA going to handle it?

im not asking about getting the requirements done, the FSDO's shut down before march 31 i got mine signed right before they shut down. what are the people that did their recurrent or had the required amount of annuals or majors but can't get the FSDO to signoff on it going to doing and how is the FAA going to handle it?

First of all, the FSDO's are not shut down. Maybe some functions are, but for the most part they are still operating.

What "signoff" are you talking about? This is an even year, halfway thru the next renewal event. All that was required this year (pre March31) was to have 8 hours of training or required activity logged.

I don't have to produce anything to the FSDO till next March.

First of all, the FSDO's are not shut down. Maybe some functions are, but for the most part they are still operating.

What "signoff" are you talking about? This is an even year, halfway thru the next renewal event. All that was required this year (pre March31) was to have 8 hours of training or required activity logged.
I wasnt thinking, your right it is an even year......i had to get a new card issued so i needed to have go visit the fsdo

Isnt aviation essential? Mechanics here are working away and planes be flying and CFI's teaching.
Washington State is not Mississippi, and WA governor, Sleepy Stoner Jay Inslee, is not Tate Reeves.

Washington State is not Mississippi, and WA governor, Sleepy Stoner Jay Inslee, is not Tate Reeves.

Still doesn't matter with regards to the topic. All an IA needs to do is either have the required inspections logged or take an online course, or have attended training during 2019.

Wait wasn't the OP the one who started a thread about how do people put up with where they live? Or something like that..Hmm..

Wait wasn't the OP the one who started a thread about how do people put up with where they live? Or something like that..Hmm..
A political philosophy won't kill ya. (yeah the taxes might) but that is another subject that might imploded.

b59ea63f6b485854f6573e3cf1216682.gif

Back