I used the chute today. I am lucky to be alive.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
The title could be deemed misleading but both statements are true.

Mrs. 6PC got me this Powered Parachute Ride on my bday in Oct.
This weekend, I had good weather and a break. It was just awesome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ppPICT_20160213_164315.jpg
    ppPICT_20160213_164315.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 486
  • ppPICT_20160213_164328.jpg
    ppPICT_20160213_164328.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 489
  • ppPICT_20160213_164416.jpg
    ppPICT_20160213_164416.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 493
  • ppPICT_20160213_165448.jpg
    ppPICT_20160213_165448.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
WTF are we looking at? Some kind of red cage thing in free fall with two dudes uncomfortably close to each other?

No freakin' way Jose'!

I thought I would be scared as hell.
It was great.

The hardest thing was just seeing how little structure was between me and the ground.

Those little aluminum shells in our planes obscure the reality that it is just us and the wind quite well :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Cool man! I got a ride in one of those weight-shift ultralights a few years back. Similar sort of thing no doubt. I thought it was awesome.

A new rating in your future?

That's cool Bryan! I'd love to own a small ultralight like a Quicksilver or similar just to putz around in and scratch the flying itch on nice days.

Or a Breezy...Breezies are uber cool!

Looks pretty safe compared to what some of the locals fly around here.

Awesome that you for a chance to do that.

And Tim makes a good point on having a Rotax powered fun machine.

The only problem I see with that is that you are way too high. I flew a PP a bit and it was a blast contour flying right on the deck. I got about 15 hrs in one and that was enough. Don

The only problem I see with that is that you are way too high. I flew a PP a bit and it was a blast contour flying right on the deck. I got about 15 hrs in one and that was enough. Don

Its the wide angel lens.
We probably got up to ~600 feet at one point but mostly did TnG in fields all over Princeton Tx

Am I the only one that actually saw him using a selfie stick?

Mrs. 6PC has an awesome sense of humor!

We have two on my home field that will fly in formation sometimes. ID love to try it.

You should try unpowered paragliding! Truly the most serene thing I've ever done, it's peacefully quiet and you soar with the birds...

I think you need mountains to launch from though.

I much prefer the foot launch version. I can easily launch from the beach and the whole unit stores in a cabinet in my garage !

I much prefer the foot launch version. I can easily launch from the beach and the whole unit stores in a cabinet in my garage !

They had a "fly in" at a local grass strip recently. My wife went up in a powered chute but it was getting dark, so they couldn't take me. I saw a few people using the backpack style and that looks like a blast.

I am interested in this.
What is it called? Paraglider?
I want to learn more about it.

You guys are nuts..... I'm not getting in one of those. I won't jump out of a plane either!

I am interested in this.
What is it called? Paraglider?
I want to learn more about it.

Its a blast! - Still pretty expensive for the whole rig... atleast when I looked into it. Was about the cost of a PPL for training 'chute, Harness and Reserve 'chute.

Attachments

• 264484_2174042118914_4101084_n.jpg
    264484_2174042118914_4101084_n.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 267569_2172739686354_3395173_n.jpg
    267569_2172739686354_3395173_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 29
You guys are nuts..... I'm not getting in one of those. I won't jump out of a plane either!

Ya know what.
Until yesterday, I wasn't sure I could jump out of a plane.

I added it to the list after riding in that. I could totally do it.
I swear each flying method is just a gateway drug to the next one :yes:

Its a blast! - Still pretty expensive for the whole rig... atleast when I looked into it. Was about the cost of a PPL for training 'chute, Harness and Reserve 'chute.

Meh, I bet I could make one with some sheets and kite string :)

Idk if you can on flat land, but I'd recommend the completely unpowered paraglider. So much more serene and quiet. Truly felt like a bird I'm every way.

I couldn't do that just cause I don't ride b!tch.

Back